RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
CORNES MUSCLES TO WIN
04 - United States - Race.png

Nathan Cornes secured a record 3rd win in a row in Austin, not being afraid to get his elbows up along the way. In a race that promised little but gave a bit more than that, the Australian made the most of his Razor and strong qualifying to get to the front. Making a move mid race on countryman and pole sitted McNamara saw the 2KF1 driver go around, Cornes not looking back after that.
Behind, Joel Rautavaara was solid as he made his way to second place late in the race, but the big story of the podium was that of Donald Brugman being able to hold off both Sigoulakis and Kederer, the latter with a brave inside re-pass on dead tyres plus no fuel. The one stop strategy was used well, but it was obvious that it wasn't the best strategy.
Kederer secured 4th, while Vimal Ana took a leaf from Cornes' book, taking Sigoulakis out at Turn 11 on the final lap. The Greek driver narrowly avoided a complete spin out, holding 6th from Rui Martins, Stephan Bohner who also lost out in the Ana-Sigoulakis contact, Cocks and Costello. Even then, Yamaguchi, Diehl, Harvey and Sharp were very close to the 10, in fact, 5th place was just 6 seconds ahead of 14th. Reed, McNamara and Mishra were the remaining finishers.
Rinneaho and Utzer both saw their engines fail, while Laskey suffered a puntcure, Ishikawa's transmission failed after a strong pass was made, and a loose wheel saw Andy Graham also insert himself into the record books, the Brit is the first person to suffer 4 retirements in a row.
With that win, Cornes finds himself in the simply amazing position of 43 points up after just 4 races. Razor too have 43 points separating them from Apex, both teams counting the cost of Utzer and Ishikawa failing to make points or even the distance. With such reliability, the two teams aren't yet infallible, the loss of income that they are repeatedly missing could become painfully apparent very soon.
Next round we're racing for the border...with Canada! We return to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix, and a homecoming for the champion N-Tech team. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT.

RDFIA Press Conference
@C0rrUpti0Nz We're getting used to seeing you here now, talk us through your race.
@Joel First podium of the season, is it something for you and the team to really build on?
@Donaldinho105 Talk us through that, it must have been a massive last few laps having to hold out such experienced competitors?

Press Paddock
@Matt Bailey Is it something to worry about that one car is winning and the other is struggling so much?
@William Néron With your home race next, how do you feel N-Tech are currently placed?
@kedy89 So very close on that final lap, did you think he was going to go for the position like that?
@James McNamara @Manolis Sigoulakis @Aidan Keranen Give us an idea of what you guys are thinking after the two incidents of contact?
@T.Yamaguchi Fastest lap for you today, something to be happy with?
@Márk Lintner @TTupsi @Rob Sharp The pace of the Falcon seemed so poor this round, was it a one off or are you worrying a bit now?
@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham You were quite vocal on team radio, is the dream move starting to break down? If so, are you looking at taking a test seat elsewhere instead?
@Tim For you too, how can you explain that one car is constantly failing?

@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham You were quite vocal on team radio, is the dream move starting to break down? If so, are you looking at taking a test seat elsewhere instead?

Relations with the team boss is still good. It's mainly with Ferrari and some of the designers. Fourth retirements in a row is very poor and it's just not good enough. I haven't ever made it past half race distance. What makes matters worse is that Donald is challenging for podiums and point finishes which I can achieve, I was battling for points today. A retirement next round will put me over the boiling point and that's when I could leave for a test drive

Also congratulations to @Donaldinho105 who put on a fantastic defensive display today :)

+10 Race Skill

@kedy89 So very close on that final lap, did you think he was going to go for the position like that?
His defending, if you can call it like that, towards turn 12 wasn't exactly fair, weaving like that under braking. I had to slamm my brakes and still ended up hitting him. If he pulls that on me again I'll push him off the track.

race skill +45

CORNES MUSCLES TO WIN
View attachment 109806
Nathan Cornes secured a record 3rd win in a row in Austin, not being afraid to get his elbows up along the way. In a race that promised little but gave a bit more than that, the Australian made the most of his Razor and strong qualifying to get to the front. Making a move mid race on countryman and pole sitted McNamara saw the 2KF1 driver go around, Cornes not looking back after that.
Behind, Joel Rautavaara was solid as he made his way to second place late in the race, but the big story of the podium was that of Donald Brugman being able to hold off both Sigoulakis and Kederer, the latter with a brave inside re-pass on dead tyres plus no fuel. The one stop strategy was used well, but it was obvious that it wasn't the best strategy.
Kederer secured 4th, while Vimal Ana took a leaf from Cornes' book, taking Sigoulakis out at Turn 11 on the final lap. The Greek driver narrowly avoided a complete spin out, holding 6th from Rui Martins, Stephan Bohner who also lost out in the Ana-Sigoulakis contact, Cocks and Costello. Even then, Yamaguchi, Diehl, Harvey and Sharp were very close to the 10, in fact, 5th place was just 6 seconds ahead of 14th. Reed, McNamara and Mishra were the remaining finishers.
Rinneaho and Utzer both saw their engines fail, while Laskey suffered a puntcure, Ishikawa's transmission failed after a strong pass was made, and a loose wheel saw Andy Graham also insert himself into the record books, the Brit is the first person to suffer 4 retirements in a row.
With that win, Cornes finds himself in the simply amazing position of 43 points up after just 4 races. Razor too have 43 points separating them from Apex, both teams counting the cost of Utzer and Ishikawa failing to make points or even the distance. With such reliability, the two teams aren't yet infallible, the loss of income that they are repeatedly missing could become painfully apparent very soon.
Next round we're racing for the border...with Canada! We return to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix, and a homecoming for the champion N-Tech team. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT.

RDFIA Press Conference
@C0rrUpti0Nz We're getting used to seeing you here now, talk us through your race.
@Joel First podium of the season, is it something for you and the team to really build on?
@Donaldinho105 Talk us through that, it must have been a massive last few laps having to hold out such experienced competitors?

Press Paddock
@Matt Bailey Is it something to worry about that one car is winning and the other is struggling so much?
@William Néron With your home race next, how do you feel N-Tech are currently placed?
@James McNamara @Manolis Sigoulakis @Aidan Keranen Give us an idea of what you guys are thinking after the two incidents of contact?
@Márk Lintner @TTupsi @Rob Sharp The pace of the Falcon seemed so poor this round, was it a one off or are you worrying a bit now?

I cant say now anything. We have bad start of season . We talking with other engine supplier for next season

Pretty stupid that we've been robbed of a massive haul of points due to two inexperienced drivers. I don't care that one is on a 3 win streak, it was poorly executed and only impacted us. The fact that Manolis held onto his car instead of spinning was so very important. We're in a good position, with that I can say:
+3 quali HP

and as of this round I can announce that I am signing myself in a test driving role for Friday free practice sessions and more. I'm naturally happy with my choice.
$50 contract
->+5 quali skill

Last edited:
CORNES MUSCLES TO WIN
View attachment 109806

RDFIA Press Conference

Press Paddock
I can tell you that I'm as clueless as you are, we're looking into it and a reliability upgrade for the next round is surely needed.

Once more great job Donald!
+1 Race HP
-67 Cof (Can I do that @Aidan Keranen )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline