RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction mid race in terms of two stoppers was kinda of true, i could even get past by Tapio and Joel. That overtake from Joel wasnt the cleverest in terms of the teams result i believe...
sooo... you collided again? I think this has happened in every season so far, a teammate collision between our two drivdrs
but at least we got double points, money is starting to come... but the wet qualis are really screwing us over so far.

sooo... you collided again? I think this has happened in every season so far, a teammate collision between our two drivdrs
but at least we got double points, money is starting to come... but the wet qualis are really screwing us over so far.
In my opinion the team manager should actually watch the races and then make statements in public. You just offended me and made you look like a fool. If you want to talk about it in more detail now, don't do it in public but at our factory.

In my opinion the team manager should actually watch the races and then make statements in public. You just offended me and made you look like a fool. If you want to talk about it in more detail now, don't do it in public but at our factory.
well I won't watch races when we are not winning :p

fine, I'll ask for a recap of what happened in PM. And I didn't mean to offend you, sorry :( I meant to ask if it was another teammate collision, as it has happened in the past (S1 Canada, S2 Monza), and I asked as I couldn't understand exactly what you were saying.

ask if he's read the regulations yet :thumbsup:

OK TWO PODIUM'S IN A ROW NOW WITH ONE OF THE WORST ENGINES. THIS IS AWESOME. @XenForo I think i've scored more points in two races than the whole of last season for RD ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
CORNES CAPTURES MAIDEN VICTORY
02 - China - Race.png

Nathan Cornes ended his Simulated Career drought with a dominant victory in Shanghai. The Australian driver found himself down the order early, but the Razor coupled with the safer one stop strategy meant that he was able to easily secure the first race on Chinese soil.
Following him for the ride was his fellow rookie Harry Costello, the RD driver again just a position behind Cornes as he held onto second place from Tobi Kederer, the 3 time F1 champ unable to find enough from the DTK to take the second spot. Kederer was the best driver on the two stop strategy, making the most of his high starting position to take the lead early. While he was the best placed, arguably the best performer on the two stop strategy went to Jamie Cocks, taking no prisoners as he went from 12th with 10 laps to go to 4th plus the fastest lap of the race.
Pablo Diehl was able to hold onto fifth, the Brazilian putting in a great race for the new Ravenwest outfit and was rewarded with a good points haul. He was just ahead of Joel Rautavaara, who seemingly has some explaining to do, his overtake on teammate Ben Utzer on the penultimate lap ultimately costing the German time and contributed to Takahiro Yamaguchi making a last lap overtake at the hairpin for 7th. Rinneaho took 9th and pole sitter Sigoulakis was home in tenth for the final point.
Behind, the talking points were arguably down to retirements and mistakes, notably that of Stephan Bohner from a possibly race winning position. To back it up, Jack Laskey threw away an even stronger position with a spin at the final corner, the rookie ended up 16th after having to let everyone through. Lastly, the lower top ten all gained a position late on as Reed's RD failed abruptly with 4 laps and a corner to go.
With that now over, we look to next round at Kyalami, a wonderful track that hosted a great race last season, we're sure it'll be a great one again. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT.

RDFIA Press Conference

@C0rrUpti0Nz Talk us through it all, you've broken through for your first Sim Career victory here after some near misses elsewhere.
@Costello I want to talk about the car, but it is clear the driver has a big role, and you've been smashing it so far. Could you have foreseen this performance when you signed on?
@kedy89 One step at a time for you guys, happy to have a podium under the belt now?

Press Paddock
@Matt Bailey Again we see Razor to the front, breaking through for a second victory. Is this the start of something?
@Joel @Benutzername Any words said post race?
@Azabadaza Cruel to be so close to points and the car breaks down?
@T.Yamaguchi A great and brave last lap pass. Did you think you were going to get it done?
@Jamie Cocks You were like a steam train at the end there, needed more speed or more laps do you think?
@Diehl @Lesley Buurlage Ravenwest haven't had the best of starts, is this what was needed to get the ball rolling?

CORNES CAPTURES MAIDEN VICTORY

Press Paddock
@Joel @Benutzername Any words said post race?
?
Yes, i didn't became mute after the race.
No seriously, from a drivers perspective Joel did what has to be done for nice racing: Going for it. He deserved his position.

From a teams perspective it cost us points, but hey, Joel did what had to be done and there werent any orders from our not-watching-the-race-but-criticising-his-driver-team-manager Milos, so, everythings fine.
I ahd a talk with milos after the race, though, we talked each other out and everything is fine.

A much stronger performance this time around I have to say. Arguably a wiser pit strategy might have given Takahiro a better chance of holding onto his grid spot, but those late overtakes really gave us something to cheer for.

Have to say apologies to Oorjit, we let you down there. But at least we got both cars to the finish, should give us a good chunk of data to work with :thumbsup:

+2 Race BHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back