RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOWN TO THE WIRE
16 - Pacific - Race.png

Joel Rautavaara forced a second straight title showdown at Interlagos with an easy win at Phillip Island. Profiting from a 2KF1 mix up at the Honda hairpin, Rautavaara took 4 corners to get to the lead and was never troubled after that. Ben Utzer followed, albeit 14 seconds behind, to bring Apex a near knockout punch for the constructors title. Oorjit Mishra made it two podiums in a row as he hits some late season form in the JHR.
-Also can I just say that I absolutely nailed the podium tips, I don't think I've ever gotten the three in order as well :D-
Nathan Cornes took an incredibly important 4th place, the Australian has a lead of 23 points heading into the final round. This means, along with the knowledge that he will have more wins than Rautavaara up his sleeve, that a ninth place finish will see the rookie crowned Season 3 champion. For Rautavaara, anything less than a win will be 2nd place overall for him.
Harry Costello led home teammate Reed for a strong RD finish in 5th and 6th, while Brugman succumbed late to the speed of the German car in 7th. Takuma Ishikawa was 8th with handy points for Razor, while the two Ravenwest cars completed the top 10.
McNamara, Yamaguchi, Sigoulakis and Sharp all finished, while Andy Graham crashed out late but was classified. Noack, Bohner, Ana, Rinneaho, Laskey, Harvey and Cocks all failed to see the finish line.
So with that, it all comes down to next round from Interlagos. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT. Also make sure to have a look at the coverage for the final round, as we will have a packed commentary box. We've spoken to numerous commentators, but if you're interested in joining in for some fun, send a message.

RDFIA Press Conference
@Joel You got to the front early and nailed the result. Your real reward is to see this title battle continue one more round, can you do it?
@Benutzername Your efforts have more or less seen Apex secure a title, barring a massive capitulation in the final round. What are you looking for in Brazil?
@oorjit07 2 podiums now, can you make it 3 to finish the season?

Press Paddock
@C0rrUpti0Nz 4th place and only a disaster will see you be denied the championship, how do you approach next race? All out or sit back?
@Matt Bailey Not since Shanghai has Razor been trailing anyone, what can you do in Sao Paulo?
@Milos Now that you're in the lead, what do you do about the race? You need things to fall your way a lot for the drivers championship, and you need things to collapse to lose, which is the more likely?

Drivers view:
"All chances of a good race ended after Jamie locked up his brakes with me on the outside without anywhere else to go. I left it as late as possible, but had to turn in to get round the corner. Then I hit Jamie and I went up in the air. Coming down again I lost my front wing and I had to pit to replace it.

That left me all at the back, without much prospect to do anything really. But after a while I found myself in 13th and was content with such a comeback. However, bad luck struck again and one of the wheels came loose and that's my race over again.

I wonder what Interlagos got in store for me, after all it surely can't be any worse than last time round."

Upgrades:
Budget: $800
Income: $50
+15 Race Skill
Total of Expenses: $150
Remaining Budget: $700

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 800
Race BHP: 814
CoF: 4375
Quali Skill: 16130
Race Skill: 16300
Quali Variation: 300
Race Variation: 250

Will update once @William Néron posts his team buys (if he makes any that is).

DOWN TO THE WIRE
View attachment 119114
Joel Rautavaara forced a second straight title showdown at Interlagos with an easy win at Phillip Island. Profiting from a 2KF1 mix up at the Honda hairpin, Rautavaara took 4 corners to get to the lead and was never troubled after that. Ben Utzer followed, albeit 14 seconds behind, to bring Apex a near knockout punch for the constructors title. Oorjit Mishra made it two podiums in a row as he hits some late season form in the JHR.
-Also can I just say that I absolutely nailed the podium tips, I don't think I've ever gotten the three in order as well :D-
Nathan Cornes took an incredibly important 4th place, the Australian has a lead of 23 points heading into the final round. This means, along with the knowledge that he will have more wins than Rautavaara up his sleeve, that a ninth place finish will see the rookie crowned Season 3 champion. For Rautavaara, anything less than a win will be 2nd place overall for him.
Harry Costello led home teammate Reed for a strong RD finish in 5th and 6th, while Brugman succumbed late to the speed of the German car in 7th. Takuma Ishikawa was 8th with handy points for Razor, while the two Ravenwest cars completed the top 10.
McNamara, Yamaguchi, Sigoulakis and Sharp all finished, while Andy Graham crashed out late but was classified. Noack, Bohner, Ana, Rinneaho, Laskey, Harvey and Cocks all failed to see the finish line.
So with that, it all comes down to next round from Interlagos. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT. Also make sure to have a look at the coverage for the final round, as we will have a packed commentary box. We've spoken to numerous commentators, but if you're interested in joining in for some fun, send a message.

RDFIA Press Conference
@Joel You got to the front early and nailed the result. Your real reward is to see this title battle continue one more round, can you do it?
@Benutzername Your efforts have more or less seen Apex secure a title, barring a massive capitulation in the final round. What are you looking for in Brazil?
@oorjit07 2 podiums now, can you make it 3 to finish the season?

Press Paddock
@C0rrUpti0Nz 4th place and only a disaster will see you be denied the championship, how do you approach next race? All out or sit back?
@Matt Bailey Not since Shanghai has Razor been trailing anyone, what can you do in Sao Paulo?
@Milos Now that you're in the lead, what do you do about the race? You need things to fall your way a lot for the drivers championship, and you need things to collapse to lose, which is the more likely?
Well I am really happy with the result, 2 in a row is an absolute dream but I think we can get on the podium again and hopefully be closer to the Apex cars.
+10 quali skill
+20 race skill

Press Paddock

Well, the only thing we have over Apex is reliability, so we'll go out there and put in a solid race and see what happens. I think we have a slim chance at winning the constructors title, very slim. It's rather frustrating really, one of our drivers has effectively been gone for nearly half the season, no upgrades or anything. They are the reason we are now behind in the constructors championship and as a result they most definitely will not be with us next season. Who will replace them? We will see.

As for the drivers championship, we want to give Cornes the best chance to win it. We have some 'free' cash to spend due to us preparing for the WURST!

Razor-Logo.png
+2 Q-HP $400
-100 CoF $150

@Aidan Keranen Oh nonononononono, I saw my budget and it seems I have some bonus skill from quali leftover but my budget is 300 less then it's supposed to be. Seems I made a post earlier before Suzuka saying this:

So is it possible to get that 30 testing skill refunded as 300 moneyzzz?
As far as I can see, your budget is correct, and there wasn't any money taken out of your budget when the 30 skill was correctly applied. The bonus skill number just wasn't removed from the perf table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back