RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

it's what I said a long time ago. Aidan should adjust the MD so that everyon has the same strategy. Managers and drivers can't adjust their strategy, only GP4 can. Races shouldn't be dependent on strategy, but on skill.
It can also be adjusted in the MD so that everyone makes a pitstop.
If that MD (file/program - not sure what it is) can be adjusted so that everyone makes at least 1 pit stop, then could it also be changed per individual team/driver? If so then why not:

1) Allow Managers and Drivers to have a small discussion in PM's (after qualifying results have been posted) about what strategy should be used in the race; and
2) The managers then report to Aidan what strategies should be used for the race via a PM; and
3) Aidan changes the values in the MD; and
4) Race is run with customized strategies per team/driver.

That way interaction between Manager and Drivers is encouraged as well as the overall involvement of players in the game.

EDIT: as for the race, I was excited that I made it to 4th without a stop...naturally I wouldn't be in favor of a re-run or otherwise tempering of the televised results.

If that MD (file/program - not sure what it is) can be adjusted so that everyone makes at least 1 pit stop, then could it also be changed per individual team/driver? If so then why not:

1) Allow Managers and Drivers to have a small discussion in PM's (after qualifying results have been posted) about what strategy should be used in the race; and
2) The managers then report to Aidan what strategies should be used for the race via a PM; and
3) Aidan changes the values in the MD (file/program, not sure what it is); and
4) Race is run with customized strategies per team/driver.

That way interaction between Manager and Drivers is encouraged as well as the overall involvement of players in the game.
The md (short for magic data) is a file that (normally) is included in every track. It allows to set several things (e.g. gear ratios, wings, pitstops, laps, etc., see here for a full list http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4,1012878)

It's not possible to set amount for pitstops for each team individually, only the lap the window starts, the window itself, and the percentage of 1/2/3 stoppers.

easiest way to do it is to take it, and move onwards. Its done.
The series has been made so that from season to season, if the right choices are made by the teams, no one team should be on a snowballing rampage for multiple seasons (see Tyrrell)
So while this is a mistake that can be learnt from, likewise the in season test beforehand, this won't have disastrous long term effects on the series.
Personally I would rather not re do the race, but if the series overwhelmingly wants it to happen, I will do so. It probably won't be telecast, definitely not commentated on. Definitely not going with standings before the first stop :D interesting thought, but overly complicated.
Monaco also, even if we cannot find a version with good overtaking, is not a race that will be replaced. Upgraded to 100% status, maybe.
As I'm not in a situation like Jim and can say at least one of my drivers did good, I'd be for a re-run then. Don't see why stadings before first stop is overly complicated, it's not like there've been several position changes each lap :roflmao:

The md (short for magic data) is a file that (normally) is included in every track. It allows to set several things (e.g. gear ratios, wings, pitstops, laps, etc., see here for a full list http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4,1012878)

It's not possible to set amount for pitstops for each team individually, only the lap the window starts, the window itself, and the percentage of 1/2/3 stoppers.
Ahh I understand. Though if you can change the percentages of 0/1/2/3 stoppers, my plan could still work... in theory. Not so much for the individual teams/drivers part, but if the managers still inform Aidan what they like, he can then work out the percentages of 0/1/2/3 stoppers and alter those values in the MD. This way the wish of the Managers/Drivers are taken into account.

The only drawback is that during the simulation it would still be up to GP4's luck system so to speak to see who does the 0/1/2/3 stop in the end, but it would reflect the percentages Aidan altered and therefore avoiding dispute about things being somewhat unfair.

The sad thing about GP4, is that every car is the same beside the values we use in the game. I tried to find a way for physics to be individual for each team (would be awesome for R&D aspect) but no way for this to happen.

The sad thing about GP4, is that every car is the same beside the values we use in the game. I tried to find a way for physics to be individual for each team (would be awesome for R&D aspect) but no way for this to happen.
but it could be that some teams get extra HP with different parts (chosen by random.org)

HUNSLEY TAKES CONTROL IN MONACO
R07 - Monaco - Race.png

Jack Hunsley well and truly dominated in Monaco to take a strong lead in the Championship. Taking advantage of the risky no-stop strategy, Hunsley's main competitor in Pablo Diehl succumbed to gearbox problems as he entered the tunnel mid race. Hunsley was joined on the podium by Viper Racing's Tomas Ochlsager and 2KF1's James McNamara, both of which (along with 4th place Stephan Bohner) utilised the no stop to get track position. Ochlsager and McNamara no doubt have Bohner to thank for keeping his car on the road and holding back the very fast single stoppers, led by Speedy's Sigoulakis. As the race progressed, strategy, and who blinked first, became the more interesting viewing, as the undercut seemed to be non-existent most of the race. The back half of the top ten all changed positions for a bit through the stops, in the end Dovizioso, Engberink, Said, Noack and Utzer were the lucky ones to hold position, Noack another no stopper.
Rautavaara was the only casualty to retire in the barriers, Dimas and Keranen both had suspension failures.
Next round of Formula FG is from Canada, home of Viper Racing.

R07 - Monaco - Team.png

RDFIA Press Conference
@Twigster151 A glorious victory today, the DTK is really shaping up as the car to beat. How do you feel your season is going so far?
@Tomas Ochlsager Your first podium after 3 races, how has it been so far?
@James McNamara Similar to Tomas, your first podium, after a run of strong finishes, do you think you can continue your form?

Paddock Press
@Joel Rautavaara Heavy contact with the barriers, talk about what led to that, and how you are feeling now?
@Jimlaad43 One driver on the podium, the other out of the points. Did the team go wrong somewhere today?
@Milos Ancevski Home team, but no result to reflect that. Where to go from here?
@Márk Lintner You were vocal about the series and decisions made, are you worried that the series may take offence to what you have said?
@Lesley Buurlage A good effort from your drivers today, two points finishes. Starting to get some mojo back?

HUNSLEY TAKES CONTROL IN MONACO
View attachment 74707
Jack Hunsley well and truly dominated in Monaco to take a strong lead in the Championship. Taking advantage of the risky no-stop strategy, Hunsley's main competitor in Pablo Diehl succumbed to gearbox problems as he entered the tunnel mid race. Hunsley was joined on the podium by Viper Racing's Tomas Ochlsager and 2KF1's James McNamara, both of which (along with 4th place Stephan Bohner) utilised the no stop to get track position. Ochlsager and McNamara no doubt have Bohner to thank for keeping his car on the road and holding back the very fast single stoppers, led by Speedy's Sigoulakis. As the race progressed, strategy, and who blinked first, became the more interesting viewing, as the undercut seemed to be non-existent most of the race. The back half of the top ten all changed positions for a bit through the stops, in the end Dovizioso, Engberink, Said, Noack and Utzer were the lucky ones to hold position, Noack another no stopper.
Rautavaara was the only casualty to retire in the barriers, Dimas and Keranen both had suspension failures.
Next round of Formula FG is from Canada, home of Viper Racing.

View attachment 74708

RDFIA Press Conference
@Twigster151 A glorious victory today, the DTK is really shaping up as the car to beat. How do you feel your season is going so far?
@Tomas Ochlsager Your first podium after 3 races, how has it been so far?
@James McNamara Similar to Tomas, your first podium, after a run of strong finishes, do you think you can continue your form?

Paddock Press
@Lesley Buurlage A good effort from your drivers today, two points finishes. Starting to get some mojo back?
Yes, with these kinds of results we can get slowly back to the front of the field. And the reliability and pace of our car keeps improving. So i think we can achieve even better results in the future

Race bhp +5

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

Wow, such a good result for the team :)
+5 qualy skill

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 106 68.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.6%
  • Better structured forum