RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

And when is 50% track other 50 can simulate than kedy in the simulation carrer
Simulating full 100% races is fine, but having to watch and commentate on a full race is hard. Somewhere like Austria, where stuff was happening, a long race is fine, but Monaco usually borders on 2 hours to commentate on, and especially as it is dull as hell, why force him to sit there forever and fall asleep. Aidan's doing a great job, and the difference in race lengths is a good addition.

Nothing will benefit us this season, isn't it obvious already? :laugh:

So far 1 less stop was faster, even in Malaysia and A1 ring where there are lots of overtaking opportunities (basicly braking zones after any long straight)

it's possible yes. Also in the MD (it's how I do it for GPTCC)
But if tim hadn't crashed in malaysia 2 stop would have been faster ;)

Simulating full 100% races is fine, but having to watch and commentate on a full race is hard. Somewhere like Austria, where stuff was happening, a long race is fine, but Monaco usually borders on 2 hours to commentate on, and especially as it is dull as hell, why force him to sit there forever and fall asleep. Aidan's doing a great job, and the difference in race lengths is a good addition.
Therefore i write Aidan is commentated 50% and other 50 is can be simulated or no ? when is 100% long

I nearly felt asleep too, and i just woke up! Aidan wasn't boring, the rest was

I understand that but
what good in race when it 50% and is not fair for others ? example: how can Ochlsager be in 3... when it would be 1 stop min he cant and also others
Look, I'm not that happy about it, once again a good race has ended in no points for Tapio, but I'm just living with it because I'm not the one who's running the game and who came up with the way the race is run. The fact that the pitstops happened, it meant that some of the bigger teams have got less money, and lower teams have more, so it will make it a bit more competitive. Now can we stop this please.

Look, I'm not that happy about it, once again a good race has ended in no points for Tapio, but I'm just living with it because I'm not the one who's running the game and who came up with the way the race is run. The fact that the pitstops happened, it meant that some of the bigger teams have got less money, and lower teams have more, so it will make it a bit more competitive. Now can we stop this please.
I actually not care about it ... We cant win this season anyway

And because Jack took the win :p

for seasons later on, different tracks are a planned feature. First on the list is a Monaco track that may see more overtaking.
race lengths this season are done like this:
50% for the races which are generally considered to be fairly single file and little overtaking
75% is the standard, most races will be 75%
100% is for the season opener, season close, and the tracks/grand prix that are considered, shall we say a bit more special? blue ribbon events.

last but not least, something i saw mentioned over and over again was referencing F1. This series isn't F1. We can take ideas, use certain parts, but this is not F1.

for seasons later on, different tracks are a planned feature. First on the list is a Monaco track that may see more overtaking.
race lengths this season are done like this:
50% for the races which are generally considered to be fairly single file and little overtaking
75% is the standard, most races will be 75%
100% is for the season opener, season close, and the tracks/grand prix that are considered, shall we say a bit more special? blue ribbon events.

last but not least, something i saw mentioned over and over again was referencing F1. This series isn't F1. We can take ideas, use certain parts, but this is not F1.
Just one remark on this, I don't think there's a Monaco version out there which includes AI overtaking ;)

maybe Aidan can remove the walls and expand the track a little bit in GP4Builder, zModeler or something similar?

If we were to go down that route we might as well replace the track in my opinion.

As for the race itself, in all honesty I think it should be re-run and perhaps a rule introduced either making it compulsory to stop at least once, or setting a required number of pitstops. At other tracks it probably wouldn't have made much difference but for it happen at Monaco makes it a very hollow victory for me.

I agree that for the shorter races there should be done something about pit stops. I've lost a few races already because my strategy has been one stop more than the other drivers. With 100% races different strategies can work but with 50% distance it's just luck who got which strategy.

But I don't think this race should be re-run. These things just happen and afterall it's just a game ;) I didn't like the race but the only thing I'm mad at are DTK's strategists who are clearly favouring Jack. I demand actions @Jimlaad43 .

I agree that for the shorter races there should be done something about pit stops. I've lost a few races already because my strategy has been one stop more than the other drivers. With 100% races different strategies can work but with 50% distance it's just luck who got which strategy.

But I don't think this race should be re-run. These things just happen and afterall it's just a game ;) I didn't like the race but the only thing I'm mad at are DTK's strategists who are clearly favouring Jack. I demand actions @Jimlaad43 .
Agree with the no to a re-run, considering how much work Aidan put into it already. Take the standings from before the first stop happened would be a possibility though.

Agree with the no to a re-run, considering how much work Aidan put into it already. Take the standings from before the first stop happened would be a possibility though.
easiest way to do it is to take it, and move onwards. Its done.
The series has been made so that from season to season, if the right choices are made by the teams, no one team should be on a snowballing rampage for multiple seasons (see Tyrrell)
So while this is a mistake that can be learnt from, likewise the in season test beforehand, this won't have disastrous long term effects on the series.
Personally I would rather not re do the race, but if the series overwhelmingly wants it to happen, I will do so. It probably won't be telecast, definitely not commentated on. Definitely not going with standings before the first stop :D interesting thought, but overly complicated.
Monaco also, even if we cannot find a version with good overtaking, is not a race that will be replaced. Upgraded to 100% status, maybe.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 115 70.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 33 20.1%
  • Standard game content

• No 3pa registration pages