RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

Press Paddock
@Benutzername Is it a case of what could have been today? And for your team, loving having double points finish?
Do not understand the first question properly, could you repeat it with different words for me? Thanks!
And yes, i am really happy about the result. I already said that the qualifying was decent and that is quite something - we optimised our race performance only - and the race was even better. Except for championship leading and probably fastest team DTK we were the only team to get both cars into the top 10. And we are the only team who has beaten championship leader Hunsley with both cars. Looking at the standings and results before the race ive got to say that is an amazing result for the team, also Rob finally could get another great result and we nearly doubled out points!

It could have been a brilliant race for you as a driver, but it didn't happen. How do you feel about that?
Thanks for "translation"! :D

-

ysep, it was really disappointing it could have been a home podium and looking at the results.... Both DTK's would probably been behind us so we would have came much closer in the standings. Now we are still under really heavy pressure. I've lost MUCH ground in the driver standings, too. That will be really hard to catch up.

@Tapio Rinneaho Not often that we've seen you here without Jack, revelling in the fact you were ahead today? Bit disappointed with 3rd maybe?
Of course the initial thought was a slight disappointment, especially after losing second place so late in the race but overall I'm quite happy with the result. Our strategy was good but I lost too much ground during the first laps. Had I been more aggressive in the beginning I could've perhaps challenged for the lead but it's not a big deal. I haven't had too many podium finishes this season so I'm happy.

@Rob Sharp How is the mood in the team after that result?
Through the roof. I've had a dissapointing last few races that have been plagued by reliability issues however the update we brought to the car for this race really made a difference, hopefully this means there is more to come. Of course we are still not in the position we would like to be after the internal staffing issues at the start of the season. We are still trailing in the constructors and it will be very hard for us to move up the table there but not impossible. As for my own targets it would be nice to have a podium by the end of the season to give me solid ground to build on going into next season.

Bit off topic but this is the only question I've had all season.;)

Wasn't the 1st season test going to be a qualifying session and the 2nd in season test as a race? Precisely to give the teams with low qualifying values a chance.

With this current set up, it looks very grim for N-Tech, as the past 2 races we've had an exceptional qualifying result with both drivers, very much punching above our (qualifying) weight. So seeing as you are taking averages, it's unlikely that Krisztian or I can copy, let alone improve those results in qualifying and thus likely to end up behind the average by quite a distance, resulting in no HP or skill reward what so ever :(

If it really has to be another qualifying session and you're going to take an average of previous qualifying results to compare, take the average of all races and not just the last 4, I'd say.
That was a plan to hold it as a race, but it isn't the same. This I feel is the easiest and best way to hold the tests. If your team makes good purchases with a bit of luck, you'll make your average easily.

Disappointed with that crash. I don't know what happened until I see the footage but it was a hard hit. With these retirements it wasa chance me to gget back into the points but that wasn't the case.

Saving team and driver money

That was a plan to hold it as a race, but it isn't the same. This I feel is the easiest and best way to hold the tests. If your team makes good purchases with a bit of luck, you'll make your average easily.
So in the end, my team gets nothing out of the first test because we had the lowest qualifying value at the time, despite buying qualifying upgrades left right and center. And now at the second test we have finally closed the gap in qualifying value, but get actually "punished" for having (exceptionally) good qualifying results in the past 2 races which count for 50% of the average value we need to achieve?

I can see the set up on the whole is fair yes, but this way it's the second time my team is at a big disadvantage compared to the other 10 teams on the grid. If you really plan to go ahead with this second season test as a qualifying session, please take all 12 qualifying results into account rather than the last 4, because the latter is just taking the mickey towards N-Tech tbh

So in the end, my team gets nothing out of the first test because we had the lowest qualifying value at the time, despite buying qualifying upgrades left right and center. And now at the second test we have finally closed the gap in qualifying value, but get actually "punished" for having (exceptionally) good qualifying results in the past 2 races which count for 50% of the average value we need to achieve?

I can see the set up on the whole is fair yes, but this way it's the second time my team is at a big disadvantage compared to the other 10 teams on the grid. If you really plan to go ahead with this second season test as a qualifying session, please take all 12 qualifying results into account rather than the last 4, because the latter is just taking the mickey towards N-Tech tbh
well you guys jumped up around 8 spots in quali, so even if you lose 4 spots you will make the average.
I apologise for the first instance, but this is the first season too, and while that isn't supposed to be an excuse, quite a bit that has occurred this season won't make it to next, and we can't find out these things without trying them.
Like I said, if you make good buys, I don't see why you guys won't make your average. In which case, tests are meant to be small rewards for good efforts, hence why it is only 4 races, otherwise you cannot accurately gauge how well a team/driver is doing. Small rewards that are helpful, but overall if you miss it, you can't lose too much.

The new system is actually a brillianty fair one.
I really like it, everybody has the chance to get a bonus.

And btw.... Why was your team punished at the first test @Smartbean ? Every team started with the exact same chances into the season, it was either wrong chosen upgrades and / or bad luck that you couldnt get the good results for the first test.
No punishment.

well you guys jumped up around 8 spots in quali, so even if you lose 4 spots you will make the average.
Not sure what you mean Aidan. Our qualifying results were:
Stephan
European GP: 11
French GP: 20
British GP: 12
German GP: 9
Average: 11+20+12+9 / 4 = 13
So in order to get the lowest possible reward in the test (ie. 5 skill for behind average by 1) I need to at least finish 14th, anything below and I won't have anything.

Krisztian
European GP: 20
French GP: 17
British GP: 11
German GP: 11
Average: 20+17+11+11 / 4 = 14,75
So in order to get the lowest possible reward in the test (ie. 5 skill for behind average by 1) Kristian needs to at least finish in 15th, anything below and he won't have any reward.

Team Average: 11+20+12+9+20+17+11+11 / 8 = 13,875
So in order to get the lowest possible reward in the test (ie. 1 BHP for behind average by 1) we need to at least finish 14th, anything below and we won't have anything.

So to get anything from this second test at all is unlikely to say the least. And as we didn't have much chance at the first test of the season either I feel N-Tech is being handicapped by A) it being another qualifying session, but so be it and B) the fact that only the last 4 qualifying results are taken into account. If all 12 qualifying results were taken into account, then the average values are much more of an achievable target to get at least the lowest reward from the test.

I apologise for the first instance, but this is the first season too, and while that isn't supposed to be an excuse, quite a bit that has occurred this season won't make it to next, and we can't find out these things without trying them.
I understand that, but I had no objection to the first test as the second test was supposed to be a race rather than a qualifying session, so N-Tech would have at least a chance of some test rewards. But as this turns into a qualifying session again and on the terms of the average of only the last 4 races, then N-Tech has barely a chance to meet the minimum reward threshold, whilst it's a lot easier for the 11 other teams to meet their targets based on the 4 last qualifying rounds.

Like I said, if you make good buys, I don't see why you guys won't make your average. In which case, tests are meant to be small rewards for good efforts, hence why it is only 4 races, otherwise you cannot accurately gauge how well a team/driver is doing. Small rewards that are helpful, but overall if you miss it, you can't lose too much.
Like I explained above, the average target of the last 4 qualifying rounds make a very very very steep target for a car with still the lowest qualifying value. Yes this is at a smaller margin than at the first test session of the season, but even if we buy all quali BHP or quali skill we still are at the back concerning qualifying values.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back