RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

saving, doesn't make any difference anyway if we are continously going to beach it into the walls

Though every team apart from us and OMR had a podium. Just sums up the :poop: season really

RDFIA Press Release
The upcoming test on the 20th will be conducted as such (hopefully)
Every driver and team will take part in the session, run to a qualifying session. Teams and drivers will be judged on their recent (past 4 race weekends) qualifying performance.
Rewards will be given on this basis:
Drivers
Ahead of average by 5 spots or more = 30 skill
Ahead of average by 1-4 spots = 15 skill
On average = 10 skill
Behind average by 1 = 5 skill

Teams (slightly harder to figure out, both cars taken into account)*
Ahead of average by 5 spots = 4 HP
Ahead of average by 1-4 spots = 2 HP
Between 1 spot behind and equal to average = 1 HP

This now allows for a lot of opportunities across the board I hope. Obviously a certain Brit is almost certain of hitting his average, but he doesn't gain much, and his immediate rivals should hit their averages too. But further down the field, a great performance means a great step forward in skill or HP.
Also, while I say 1 spot ahead/behind, if it smaller than one (e.g. 0.5, 0.33) difference to the average, it counts as 1.
* These values are not 100% locked in for the teams, I have quickly put this together, I will be calculating to see whether this is a fair enough range.

• Deleted member 161052

RDFIA Press Release
Every driver and team will take part in the session, run to a qualifying session. Teams and drivers will be judged on their recent (past 4 race weekends) qualifying performance.
Drivers
On average = 10 skill

This now allows for a lot of opportunities across the board I hope. Obviously a certain Brit is almost certain of hitting his average, but he doesn't gain much, and his immediate rivals should hit their averages too. But further down the field, a great performance means a great step forward in skill or HP.
Also, while I say 1 spot ahead/behind, if it smaller than one (e.g. 0.5, 0.33) difference to the average, it counts as 1.
* These values are not 100% locked in for the teams, I have quickly put this together, I will be calculating to see whether this is a fair enough range.
can drivers also choose their option?

General Impression:
Fast circuit, fast cars, fast slipstreams and overtakes (and crashes) galore. This GP had it all and was very exciting to watch. Engberink and Rinneaho gambled well with their 1 stop strategies, Diehl drove very solid to secure his podium spot. McNamara looked very steady to take 4th. Böhner did very well to take 5th and Rob Sharp got a very deserved 6th, but Czákó did extremely well to take 7th from 20th on the grid.

At the other end another bad day for Harvey and Apex and BRT's constructors hopes dented yet again when Utzer retired from the race. And a double scare for Hunsley meant he was lucky to grab a point in the end.

Drivers view/Press Paddock:
@SmartbeanSuperb effort and your best finish of the season, felt good?
"Yes! I'm extremely delighted with my 5th place and that a very good qualifying finally paid its dividend in the race now as well. With a solid strategy and a good race pace we could keep up for a long time with the 2KF1's and Speedy's, which confirms that the N-tech clearly CAN compete. I must admit that Sharp running wide at the start of the stadium section meant I could slip past and build a gap to Sigoulakis in the middle stint, shame Sigoulakis dropped out with a transmission problem, otherwise we could have had a good battle for 5th in the late stages of the race. And lastly, it was rather sad to see Lintner's chance of points being taken away by Hunsley in the last few laps."

Upgrades:
Budget: $0
Income: $450
+10 Quali Skill ($100)
+10 Race Skill ($100)
+10 Race Variation ($50)

Total of Expenses: $250
Remaining Budget: $200

Personal values after buys:

Quali BHP: 793
Race BHP: 798
CoF: 3340
Quali Skill: 16090
Race Skill: 16130
Quali Variation: 300
Race Variation: 270

EDIT: Updated with Neron's team buy.

Last edited:
can drivers also choose their option?
no, the drivers are given what they achieve, there is no picking or choosing. But the drivers must also look at what buys they make this round in readyness for the test. if they think they might not do well, then they might rather look at what buys they will need for the race instead.

So don't forget that the test is on Tuesday. Marketplace closes Tuesday 10am AEDT.

@Tim Engberink You've finally gotten that win that was in your grasp. Is it more a relief or just party time? Where can you go from here with 5 races to go?

Right now I'm just celebrating with Lesley and the team. You can also describe it as relief because of my trip into the gravel traps in Sepang. Now that I finally have a win under my belt I will start focussing on the next five races, race to race. And I think I'll begin focussing on the next season soon.:)

RDFIA Press Release
Drivers
On average = 10 skill

Wasn't the 1st season test going to be a qualifying session and the 2nd in season test as a race? Precisely to give the teams with low qualifying values a chance.

With this current set up, it looks very grim for N-Tech, as the past 2 races we've had an exceptional qualifying result with both drivers, very much punching above our (qualifying) weight. So seeing as you are taking averages, it's unlikely that Krisztian or I can copy, let alone improve those results in qualifying and thus likely to end up behind the average by quite a distance, resulting in no HP or skill reward what so ever :(

If it really has to be another qualifying session and you're going to take an average of previous qualifying results to compare, take the average of all races and not just the last 4, I'd say.

Last edited:
DTK Season 2 Preview
After a relatively disappointing German Grand Prix (home of Toyota Motorsport), DTK are releasing a new picture of their season 2 car.
DTKpreview2.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back