RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

@Aidan Keranen you might want to look at section 2.2 and 2.2.1 of the full regulations and update where necessary in order to reflect the changes to the two in season tests (ie. rewards and number of qualifying results taken into account), so it's clear for next season what's happening with them.

And I have a question/suggestion concerning point 5.2 of the full regulations. It's stated that every season the skill and variation values are reset to 16000 and 250 respectively. Which makes perfect sense as to give everyone an equal chance (not taking varying car performance into account) at the start of every season.

Though, if Formula FG is to be a continues series, reflecting a simulated career, wouldn't it make sense to let people keep their skill and variation values and to build upon them? So you actually have some experience to rely on after competing for several years by building up your skill throughout the years or tweaking you variation values to become more consistent? And when drivers get too experienced in comparison with the rest of the field, maybe have them retire or act purely as test driver and the participant can create a new alter ego/pseudonym to drive under starting as a new rookie with the base values of 16000 skill and 250 variation.

Maybe this is not something for season 2 or 3 yet though, but maybe further along the line :)

Also, could you take another look at the eligibility/possibility/validity to my other suggestion concerning the alteration of the MD to reflect driver/manager pit stop strategies wishes (as described below)?
If that MD (file/program - not sure what it is) can be adjusted so that everyone makes at least 1 pit stop, then could it also be changed per individual team/driver? If so then why not:

1) Allow Managers and Drivers to have a small discussion in PM's (after qualifying results have been posted) about what strategy should be used in the race; and
2) The managers then report to Aidan what strategies should be used for the race via a PM; and
3) Aidan changes the values in the MD; and
4) Race is run with customized strategies per team/driver.

That way interaction between Manager and Drivers is encouraged as well as the overall involvement of players in the game.
Ahh I understand. Though if you can change the percentages of 0/1/2/3 stoppers, my plan could still work... in theory. Not so much for the individual teams/drivers part, but if the managers still inform Aidan what they like, he can then work out the percentages of 0/1/2/3 stoppers and alter those values in the MD. This way the wish of the Managers/Drivers are taken into account.

The only drawback is that during the simulation it would still be up to GP4's luck system so to speak to see who does the 0/1/2/3 stop in the end, but it would reflect the percentages Aidan altered and therefore avoiding dispute about things being somewhat unfair.

Last edited:
If the skills remain, then the same teams/drivers will be good. If that does happen, the perfs should be divided by the number of races, and also capped to a certain value. So there is still some chance for the lower teams to improve.
But as that would be a complete ripoff of the GPGSL system, I'd rather keep it like it is. Perfs reset every season in all series here on RD :)

But I agree about the strategy part. Either that, or make all drivers do 2-stops (or an equal amount of stops) per race. This way it isn't really fair, and we (team bosses) cannot alter our strategy in any way.

@Aidan Keranen you might want to look at section 2.2 and 2.2.1 of the full regulations and update where necessary in order to reflect the changes to the two in season tests (ie. rewards and number of qualifying results taken into account), so it's clear for next season what's happening with them.
that is the plan, don't worry.

And I have a question/suggestion concerning point 5.2 of the full regulations. It's stated that every season the skill and variation values are reset to 16000 and 250 respectively. Which makes perfect sense as to give everyone an equal chance (not taking varying car performance into account) at the start of every season.

Though, if Formula FG is to be a continues series, reflecting a simulated career, wouldn't it make sense to let people keep their skill and variation values and to build upon them? So you actually have some experience to rely on after competing for several years by building up your skill throughout the years or tweaking you variation values to become more consistent? And when drivers get too experienced in comparison with the rest of the field, maybe have them retire or act purely as test driver and the participant can create a new alter ego/pseudonym to drive under starting as a new rookie with the base values of 16000 skill and 250 variation.

Maybe this is not something for season 2 or 3 yet though, but maybe further along the line :)
No, that is too complicated and unfair for the competition, especially when it has been proven on the other sim careers that a skill reset is the best way to go about it.

Also, could you take another look at the eligibility/possibility/validity to my other suggestion concerning the alteration of the MD to reflect driver/manager pit stop strategies wishes (as described below)?
Once again, I am not too happy to do this, this is a game that is fully simulated by GP4, and I won't be changing the MD unless of a bug, definitely not just for strategy (not even sure you can do individual strategies, it just gets given a number of them and assigns them out I believe)

Yes, you can't put a specific strategy on a specific car, but you can adjust the percentage of strategies like the managers want.
Ex. 6 managers want 1-stop
4 managers want 2-stop

1-stop=60%
2-stop=40%

and GP4 still assigns them randomly.
In which case, it is nicer/better to commentate when there are different strategies, and it allows for interesting racing between those on lighter loads/fresher tyres. otherwise it is the single file train. choo-choo

so no, i won't change MD for the hell of it.

OK, I see that keeping the skill values make it too unfair, scratch that idea then :p...or maybe not. How about lowering the skill value at the start from 16000 to 15000 (or maybe 12500 or 10000 even) and make skill upgrades 5 (or maybe 1 even) for $100 rather than 10 for $100, this way nobody gets too powerful too quick, even after a couple of seasons. Or does the AI get too dumb this way, or are +5 or +1 skill not enough noticeable when simulating a race?

But as for the pit stop strategies, I still think it's a manageable addition to the series, as;
A) it improves activity due to the driver -> manager and manager -> moderator PM's about strategies
B) the Drivers/Managers wishes are taken into account (to a degree), by changing the pit stop percentages in the MD
C) it's still unpredictable as to who GP4 let take a 1 or 2 stop during a race and therefore also unpredictable for the commentator(s)

But if you really don't like to fiddle with the MD, then I guess this idea has gone to pot as well :(

EDIT: updated another suggestion for possible making keeping skill values viable.

Last edited:
OK, I see that keeping the skill values make it too unfair, scratch that idea then :p

But as for the pit stop strategies, I still think it's a manageable addition to the series, as;
A) it improves activity due to the driver -> manager and manager -> moderator PM's about strategies
B) the Drivers/Managers wishes are taken into account (to a degree), by changing the pit stop percentages in the MD
C) it's still unpredictable as to who GP4 let take a 1 or 2 stop during a race and therefore also unpredictable for the commentator(s)

But if you really don't like to fiddle with the MD, then I guess this idea has gone to pot as well :(
well I can't mate, if you say you want to two stop, there is no guarantee that you will unless everyone else does, it just can't be done as far as I know on GP4. What is the point of it, if you ask for two stops, and the game gives you 3 anyway? I see your point, I don't think it can be done

well I can't mate, if you say you want to two stop, there is no guarantee that you will unless everyone else does, it just can't be done as far as I know on GP4. What is the point of it, if you ask for two stops, and the game gives you 3 anyway? I see your point, I don't think it can be done
At least we can modify the strategy a bit more than like it is now where we have absolutely no idea how much % will be on a 1-stop, 2-stop, 3-stop etc.

I think you're somewhat missing the point Aidan, as drivers we know there is no guaranteed way to get a 1 stop if we wish a 1 stop, or a 2 stop when we wish a 2 stop, but at least via the percentages in the MD the "preferred" strategy is taken into account.

For example I discuss via PM conversation with Néron about the desired strategy for the next race, so does Krisztian and after qualifying, but before the simulated race we post our "preferred" strategy like we post our upgrades/buys now.

You can list them up for example like this:
Böhner 1 stop
Lintner 2 stop
Dovizioso 2 stop
Noack 2 stop
Utzer 2 stop
Diehl 2 stop
McNamara 1 stop
Keranen 2 stop
Sigoulakis 2 stop
Engberink 1 Stop
Said 2 stop
Foro 2 stop
Rinneaho 1 stop
Hunsley 2 stop
Rautavaara 2 stop
Harvey 2 stop
Dimas 3 stop
Sharp 1 stop
Black 2 stop
Ochlsager 2 stop
Csako 1 stop
Barrett 2 stops

Total 1 stop: 6
Total 2 stop: 15
Total 3 stop: 1

Now you calculate percentages:
1 stop = 6 / 22 * 100 = 27,27% for ease maybe round it down to 27%
2 stop = 15 / 22 * 100 = 68,18% for ease maybe round it down to 68%
3 stop = 1 / 22 * 100 = 4,55% for ease maybe round it up to 5%

Those percentages can be entered into the MD, reflecting the "preferred" strategies of the drivers and managers. Then GP 4 simulates the race, but of course in it's own magical way so no-one knows who is actually doing a 1, 2 or 3 stop, but at least the "preferred" strategies are taken into account.

I also edited my previous post to add another suggestion for possibly making keeping skill values viable:
OK, I see that keeping the skill values make it too unfair, scratch that idea then :p...or maybe not. How about lowering the skill value at the start from 16000 to 15000 (or maybe 12500 or 10000 even) and make skill upgrades 5 (or maybe 1 even) for $100 rather than 10 for $100, this way nobody gets too powerful too quick, even after a couple of seasons. Or does the AI get too dumb this way, or are +5 or +1 skill not enough noticeable when simulating a race?

Last edited:
I think you're somewhat missing the point Aidan, as drivers we know there is no guaranteed way to get a 1 stop if we wish a 1 stop, or a 2 stop when we wish a 2 stop, but at least via the percentages in the MD the "preferred" strategy is taken into account.

For example I discuss via PM conversation with Néron about the desired strategy for the next race, so does Krisztian and after qualifying, but before the simulated race we post our "preferred" strategy like we post our upgrades/buys now.

You can list them up for example like this:
Böhner 1 stop
Lintner 2 stop
Dovizioso 2 stop
Noack 2 stop
Utzer 2 stop
Diehl 2 stop
McNamara 1 stop
Keranen 2 stop
Sigoulakis 2 stop
Engberink 1 Stop
Said 2 stop
Foro 2 stop
Rinneaho 1 stop
Hunsley 2 stop
Rautavaara 2 stop
Harvey 2 stop
Dimas 3 stop
Sharp 1 stop
Black 2 stop
Ochlsager 2 stop
Csako 1 stop
Barrett 2 stops

Total 1 stop: 6
Total 2 stop: 15
Total 3 stop: 1

Now you calculate percentages:
1 stop = 6 / 22 * 100 = 27,27% for ease maybe round it down to 27%
2 stop = 15 / 22 * 100 = 68,18% for ease maybe round it down to 68%
3 stop = 1 / 22 * 100 = 4,55% for ease maybe round it up to 5%

Those percentages can be entered into the MD, reflecting the "preferred" strategies of the drivers and managers. Then GP 4 simulates the race, but of course in it's own magical way so no-one knows who is actually doing a 1, 2 or 3 stop, but at least the "preferred" strategies are taken into account.

I also edited my previous post to add another suggestion for possibly making keeping skill values viable:
With all due respect, that is fine, but I cannot see the value in the extra effort. What is to say that I say three stops on Monaco? Then I am taking the risk for my team, but chances are I have just ruined someones race.
Now I really feel this situation is closed, there is not enough that I can see that is worth the while for this to be implemented.

With all due respect, that is fine, but I cannot see the value in the extra effort. What is to say that I say three stops on Monaco? Then I am taking the risk for my team, but chances are I have just ruined someones race.
Now I really feel this situation is closed, there is not enough that I can see that is worth the while for this to be implemented.
Didn't think about that possibility, but that's why the discussion between driver and manager is a vital part of this. The managers would always know if the driver posts the intended strategy, or when a driver doesn't (ie. when someone deliberately post a 3 stop, like your example). But I can see why you have your reservations, fair enough :)

Oh and don't worry, I don't have any more (lengthy) ideas... for now :p

Test has been run, the marketplace is reopen until Wednesday 10pm AEDT.
This is 12 hours earlier than normal to accommodate my co-commentator.

While this is earlier, and practice and qualifying may be done early, the race will still be uploaded at the same time.

Once test results are posted, competitors are asked to use their bonuses (where applicable) as soon as possible. Bonuses will not be valid past the Japanese Grand Prix this season.

I wonder here, is there something in place to have a kind-of, keeping stats over the next season in some way? I would like it personally, that could create rivalries that could carry over seasons and not just see a top team get boned by random number generator at each season start.

Just my 2 cents :p

I would say 7 stops and hope to help that it isn't me lol

I wonder here, is there something in place to have a kind-of, keeping stats over the next season in some way? I would like it personally, that could create rivalries that could carry over seasons and not just see a top team get boned by random number generator at each season start.

Just my 2 cents :p
sorry, not 100% understand what you are getting at. I know that I am planning that the winning engine from the previous season will gain an extra HP if under the median (782.5 HP).
I also know we have the wiki keeping all the stats, so sorry again if I have missed something :D

I would say 7 stops and hope to help that it isn't me lol
Pretty much what I would be doing too, so it becomes a bit silly, but enough of that, we have it sorted :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 84 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.4%