Rally - Winter Wonderland - Mon 5th & Tues 6th July 2010

It is strange for me to have winter without snow, for half of the year in Poland we have cold, snowy winter, but in real live I have never drove car on snow, because I'm too young to have driving licence.

Gah, seems that rallying is going to be dominated by a fast Frenchman named Sebastian/en in every class, either real-life or virtual. Great pace, congrats :)

And I got extremely irritated - on SS6 or 5 (Sikakama II, the fast, flowing one) I got a good feeling, was trying to attack the podium in EU zone after some silly mistakes earlier. I came too hot in one left hander (fast or easy one, don't remember) and... there were photographers generated right there, in a blind spot on the outside, obstructed by a bank until it's too late to avoid them. After that I just got pissed and rolled again and again on other stages.

Seriously, I think I'm gonna write an email or something to RSRB creators and ask them if they could maybe include the no-marshall fix, as right now not only it's frustrating, it takes a lot away from realism too.

On the upside at least (I hope) Aussies won't be able to match "our guy's" time this time, but we'll be sure later today ;).

Seriously, I think I'm gonna write an email or something to RSRB creators and ask them if they could maybe include the no-marshall fix, as right now not only it's frustrating, it takes a lot away from realism too.

I might email them and ask them for an 80's mod for spectators.... Lining the roads. You know. Group B style.

That'd be good. I'd like that. Means driving with caution :wink:

well, oceania rally is done and dusted. Absolutely no practice or recce for me this time. Had to trust my co-driver and try and drive to suit. Used default setups all the way through. Last time I saw snow on the roads here in Oz was when a beer truck lost its load and the foam was everywhere. Was almost a day of national mourning. I did wonder at the time what all the people were doing there with straws.

Stage 1 was a safe run, couple of spins but ok. Hit a tree very early in ss2 and drove 90% of stage with no brakes. Now that was fun :)

Stage 3 was going great guns, in the lead at 2nd split and then hit a tree dead on. 1st gear the rest of the stage, ouch. The night stage was bad for me, PC was quite jumpy, but i got there in the end.

stage 5 was ok. 6 was just absolutely great, I felt really good in that and ended 2nd on stage yayyyyyy.

stage 7 was a little tricky but got through. Stage 8 was all over the shop, good and bad bits.

Overall, a fun run, no retirements which was amazing considering the no recce or practice thing. I think I'm going to go that way from now on. Maybe run a stage not in the rally to try out and get a feel for the different cars as we change sets, but that's all.

Had an absolute ball, thanks warren and others who organised this great rally. Cheers guys.

Thanks to Warren, Senad & others for organizing things.. great rally guy's, had a blast.
Have no idea were i got? Few to many mistakes than normal for me.. got ping'd for jumping the gun and used help on SS3 40sec's i think? suck!
Nice to see some really close times, i hope their good enough to supress a EU win :tongue:

Another really enjoyable Rally for me this time, I'm falling in love with these cars, they handle so predictably. They seemed pretty quick in the snow too, considering the lack of horses.

I also had very little preparation for this Rally, and surprisingly had fewer "incidents". I found myself concentrating intensely to the co -driver, which I think follows from little practice. The co-driver did get the odd call wrong (I think) but mostly he was very helpful.

I had a relatively smooth Rally, with the only shocker being a end over end rollover on the night Stage SS04, which cost me heavily, including a call for a helpful push from the spectators.

Thanks to Damien and Rick for the TS fun, always plenty of laughs, especially listening to some of Rick's "feeble" excuses for his horror night. :tongue:

Now to dream up something sinister for the next Rally. :pumpkin:

Overall Rally Results

20100705rdrallywinterwo.png

A clean sweep for Sebastien :eek:. Kudos, your times were incredible on most stages.
Finally an EU win. Let's hope things don't change on gravel :D.

Big thanks to Warren for organizing the event, can't wait for the next one :)

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 2010-07-05 RD Rally - Winter Wonderland.png
    2010-07-05 RD Rally - Winter Wonderland.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 246
Had a pretty good run tonight, only one roll and a few minor offs. Much better than my usual snow driving 'adventures'. Managed to avoid the spectators and media crew this time around, though I did find one of the hidden rocks. Note to self; when co-driver says "don't cut" really don't!
Sikakama is an absolute blast, so smooth and flowing, got into a nice rhythm there, these cars are excellent!
Thanks to all who helped organise the event, and to Warren and Rick for TS chats.

Congrats to Seb, that's an impressive win! :)

Congratulations to Sebastien for the overall win and total domination of every stage. The Aussie streak has well and truly been put to bed now. It's not the first time Seb has made us all look like amateurs. :eek:

Well done to Jakub, second place in your first Rally with us, and just unlucky to come up against Seb in such hot form this time.

Best part of this Rally (for me) was seeing so many drivers join, great to see the new members, and also to see some former drivers back again. This one had our biggest grid yet.
Thanks to all who joined, it makes the organisation part feel worthwhile. :)

Huge thanks again to Senad for setting up the Servers, and pulling the results together so efficiently, this part must be getting more demanding with the larger grids. :wink:

Warren said:
this part must be getting more demanding with the larger grids.
Thankfully, Sebastien won here. EU rallies have more people generally, and more people in the winning rally means more people I don't have to calculate times for. So it's not just rivalry that makes me want EU rally wins, it's laziness too :D

12th yes! :) Senad I will get you next rally

Hehe, maybe. I was watching the splits during the rally, they were often quite close.

Amazing results for me, I love so much the snow. No mistakes for me during the 8 stages, and a good mixed of attack or non-attack stage.

Thanks to everyone, I am very happy to see 18 drivers for the start.

Yes, thanks guys for good fight, I'm so happy to be on 2nd place as my debut in oline rallying. Yeeeeeahhhh, that is fantactic. I will be waiting for next rally on Race Departament. Before this rally I was only starting in Race Depatment races, not ralies.

First RBR overall, or first online rally? :eek:
Either way, congrats, great position :)

Both of them actually :) i only installed the game and everything needed for playing online. 1 or 2 stages i have played and changed my controller settings. i am used to play some other rally games actually (offline). But from now on i am targeting to beat Sebastien's times of course :) Thank you Senad.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back