Rally - Winter Wonderland - Mon 5th & Tues 6th July 2010

In the light of a bright new morning I'd like to congratulate everyone for competing in this rally in such a fine spirit. Am glad everyone seemed to have as much fun as I did.

To sebastien, great win. Well done.

Would also love to see some replays from people if they have any they wish to share. Am happy to just get the replay files and maybe whack a movie together of highlights and other moments :) Email them to elmomarty@bigpond.com please

Warren and Senad. Again, thanks for all your hard work, I know everyone appreciates it.

Both of them actually :) i only installed the game and everything needed for playing online. 1 or 2 stages i have played and changed my controller settings. i am used to play some other rally games actually (offline). But from now on i am targeting to beat Sebastien's times of course :) Thank you Senad.

Wow Murat, for your first ever RBR Rally that is a fantastic result. RBR is so much more difficult (and realistic) compared to other Rally Games, so to run those times in your first Rally shows that you have great skill.
We'd all like to target Sebastien's times, but I fear that may be impossible for most of us. We'll have to hope that he makes some mistakes next time, or maybe he won't be quite so fast on gravel or tarmac. :wink:

Once again Seb, are you sure you are not Sebastien Loeb in disguise??? :D

Would be great if it was possible to correct the notes as we go along, and save them for next time. Is there a rally game that has that?

Not that I'm aware of, Senad. There are mods available for RBR that change the voices, but not the actual calls.
However, I think I have seen info somewhere that tells you how to make your own Pacenotes for RBR, maybe someone else knows more about that. From memory, it looked pretty complicated.
One problem (I think) is that the default Pacenotes are based on the default game and probably for good weather. So, when we use modded cars, or modified weather (maybe also the modded reverse Stages), we are bound to get variation. Therefore, we will have to adjust on the run for these variations. All part of the challenge of this great Rally Sim, hey. :D

Would also love to see some replays from people if they have any they wish to share. Am happy to just get the replay files and maybe whack a movie together of highlights and other moments :) Email them to elmomarty@bigpond.com please

That is a wonderful offer John, but a huge amount of work for you, I think. It would add lots of interest to the Rally Club, and could provide some laughs seeing some of our monumental crashes or spectator "incidents". It could be very helpful for people to be able to learn driving skills from the top drivers too. :cool:

EDIT: Unfortunately, I didn't save any replays from this Rally, but I'll make sure I do next time.

Would be great if it was possible to correct the notes as we go along, and save them for next time. Is there a rally game that has that?

Doesn't RBRdll have this functionality? It's quite tedious, but you should be able to correct the notes on every stage in RSRBR, as they all are offline (I did some tweaking in the notes for Chird II myself some time ago).

Before the rally, when i was reading and learning how to use RSRBR2010 in Warren's thread, i had seen the step below ; (By the way, thank you for your explanations Warren, they are so helpful )

" 9. When the Stage has been completed, hit Continue, you can save the replay if wanted, then return to the main RSRBR Screen ( Back, or hit Esc) "

So i have saved my replays :) . But when i wanted to watch them a problem was occurred. It just looks like starting but then stops. What can be the problem? Can somebody tell me how to watch them please :)

I can send some of them to you, John Low. (especially the one i run over the photographer :D )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back