Rally - Winter Wonderland - Mon 5th & Tues 6th July 2010

guys have you tried absolutely NO PRACTICE at all for the whole session? it was an amazing feeling to drive where your co driver say and have no idea where it is :D never less I finished all stages ... so I am happy, it was really amazing drive... love this Škoda... but I cant see results so if you can please can you tell me where am I? thanks

Killed the car on SS8 :(. ISP has been dropping out on me all evening, so I am not even sure if my stage times have registered :). Still - snow is the best surface, way more fun than gravel. Shame about putting the car into trees and on its roof though :).

LOL Sebastien, I'm pretty sure you're way in front.

I had two stages where I thought "hey, this wasn't so bad, no major mistakes, maybe I'll be near the top", and you were half a minute in front. Either I'm really bad, or you got some mad skills :D.

Never did a whole Finland rally, some of these stages are really treacherous. I'm driving along nicely, smooth, not too slow, and at about 5 and a half minutes into the stage, I gracefully slide off the track, hit a kerb (a snow mount actually), and do a nice slow motion flip. Happened on two stages.
SS4, Autiovaara I think, night, jesus... That was the worst one, killed a couple of people, rolled several times... The stage is under 4 minutes, I did it in 5.

Ah, right, on one of the final stages, I hit a tree and lost the gearbox, stuck in 4th gear. I crashed again a few minutes later, called for help, and they left me on an uphill. While being stuck in 4th gear. :mad:

EDIT: @Ondrej, yeah, no practice for me. I'll keep going with that, more fun, the times are less important :D
You're currently 8th, but I think three more drivers have to finish the stages

Really buggy. Disaster.
Crashed me randomly on stage 5, bloody camera men at the very edge of the road do not bother to move when a car hurdles toward them at 120kph and a mysterious stone hidden in the snow at the edge of the road. Had a chance to win, was too tentative, was trying to get back into RSRBR after an absence and then all hell breaks loose.

When RSRBR works, it REALLY works to an awesome degree. When it doesn't, you wonder if anything was fixed in the last few patches.

Well, almost no practise and I just had two slightly off's, must be driving way to slow:) Could not see any timing for the last couple of stages but got local timings for all stages so in case server don't have them correct I have them saved.

Start of SS7 was a challenge with the very twisty start. Also the light fog stages making it very hard to see the road not to mention the night stage.

Once again a very good event and I'm glad to see that many drivers on the EU server.

Thanx all for making this a very FUN and RELAXING event:doublethumb:

Good first online rally for me, I was all the times in third place (almost). No technical issues, no driver mistakes, only on one stage, roll and had a broken left rear suspencion, but generally I'm very proud of this first online run. Thanks guys for a good driving, very close stage times and good fun. When and where can I get a official ranking incuding OC and EU drivers?

great fun again, though it felt strange to simulate snow while it is hot summer outside :)
No preparation here either, some good stages, some where I thought I had done well only to find out I was 45 secs off Sebastien's time, lol. The server/programme was extremely buggy tonight, in stage5 I had a black screen for about three seconds and afterwards went through landscape that looked like Picasso from the Cubist period. I actually liked it a lot, it was hard to follow the track, though ... Only had one stage completely written off, hit one of those nasty stones early on and then ignored the hot water warnings only to have the engine die on me after a longer stretch without warnings by my co-driver, funny. Will be taking a break from RBR, back in August, cya.

Oh, and the teamspeak was great, an all Irish-Great Britain lineup, loved it, one by one guys dropped off until it was only Toby and me left after stage8. What did we say to make you walk out on us? :)

Very bad race for me 7 out of 8 stages my engine stoled, rolled in every one of those 7. No recce for me, maybe that's why :eek:. Very fast EU guys, I feel first victory for us, beware Oceania :wink:.
At least I'm first on entry list :rolleyes:.

I love the snow, maybe because I was born in a region where I drove on the snow each winter. It's my favorite one, thanks Warren and RD for this event.

Did you have my times because for the last 2 starts, I lost the update of the times, but I saved my times if you don't have it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 471 39.0%