Rally - REX Revived - Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th September 2011

I have started a trend with completely ruining my chances of a top-finish on the first stage, it seems... Rolled and had to call for help 1 km into the first stage...

Rolled heavily on ss2 aswell, and managed to hit a photographer in the final corner of the stage.

Forgot about this, but Roy reminded me, so I got to drive. Tried a teststage, but my mind is elsewhere, not looking good.
Also kinda hoping for Sebastien to do a Sebastien, for it to be possible for humans to win, although, it will not be me.

SS1: Ok stage, a bit used to the swedish texturemod on snow, so it was a bit to white for my taste.

SS2: 7 spins and 4 rolls, og and one CFH. I wasn't "on" that stage...

SS3: Oups. Retired.

SS4: Drove off in the dip in the start.

SS5: Drove off in the start.

SS6: Don't know how long I went, but I retired.

SS7: Lost concentration on the fast parts.

SS8: Oh well, not even Mineshaft worked.

Conclusion: Tried to get my mind of some stuff by driving, that didn't really worked out, if I can see any positive things here, it has to be that this wasn't on a circuit, so my mistake didn't ruin anything for any other driver.

A stage-by-stage summary for me aswell, then:
SS1 - CFH, lost a minute to Seb
SS2 - CFH, lost 1,5 minutes to Seb
SS3 - 1,5 seconds behind my PB on the stage, and only 6 seconds behind Seb. This is my favourite stage afterall.
SS4 - Lost the rear in the dip after 10 seconds - DNF
SS5 - New PB, and 8,5 seconds behind Seb. Pleased with this one.
SS6 - Win it or bin it....I binned it with a roll and CFH.
SS7 - Again an attack, but I don't like this stage and hold back a little bit. 13 seconds behind Seb is okay.
SS8 - Full out attack, but had a stop at a tree on the inside of a hairpin, and had to reverse.

Happy with the stages I managed to do well on, particulary Sikakama and Pirka Menoko. I love the car, too bad I could not get a good result with it.

Thanks for the rally, and happy birthday Warren :)

One word: horrorshow.

I thought I was going to dig this car but it didn't seem to like me at all.
Daisy chained together a series of tragic stages, from my notes:

- Rolled it enough times to make me cooler than Ken Block
- Going straight, hands at six and twelve
- Right up a rock

Happies Warren.
See y'all next time.

Frazier Wells is the only course I really practiced. And I caught the dirt bank and got directed headlong into a tree within the first 500 meters. Ruined what was otherwise a pretty lousy rally for me.

Could not have missed one of my favourite cars, shame i didn't have any time for practice with it. Tried to join the server with 10min to go but it wouldn't let me due to not having update 07 installed. Frantically i DL'd it but have missed the start by 1 min so my rally started on ss2:rolleyes:.
Was having great fun with the car, usually finishing only a few sec behind Seb and well clear of the rest of the field:tongue:, only on the night stage i got tank slapper on one of the bumps while full throttle in 5th gear, hit a tree head on and killed the car :rolleyes:.

Big thx to Nigel for his last sec setup help:), RD, Warren and all staff, its been fun :)

Great rally and a very funny car to drive!!!!
I am very satisfied with my driving today, but 2 silly errors ruined my rally totally. It was in the last corner on SS 6 i drifted out to long and hit a Marshall, penalty 40 sek :mad:
Then on the next stage the same thing happen again but now in the middle of the stage, another 40 sek+ so that was it for a good place.
Thanks for arrange this rallies so we can have so much fun.

Well, this was my first time racing with everyone here on the forum and what a way to it start off! Great tracks and an amazing car! I used the default setup the whole time, considering not the best at making my own. :frown: Overall I think I did great SS2 I had a false start (damn G27) also had a few mishaps on SS3 but still managed to finish in one piece. SS8 I think I pushed a little to hard leading me crashed twice an retire. Tarlic did a great job racing and got my be 1:19 in the end. Thanks for letting me race I had a blast and I will def be back for more! :cool:

Great race other Jeff, I rolled on all 3 snow stages but managed to finish them, we had some very close times on the other ones. You would of beat me by quite a bit if it was not for your retirement. Now we just need more Americans to race with.

Trying to drive this car without a setup must have been difficult for you guys that weren't using setups. I was fortunate as Nigel copied me his to save me time making one - thanks Nigel you're really made my rally for me M8.

Nice steady run for me and seeing a lot of the other guys in our session falling by the wayside gave me the inspiration to run the whole event airing on the steady side of things. I was really enjoying Mineshaft in practice and wanted to really blast it but I decided NO, keep it steady for a good finish and that's what I did.

Thanks Warren, nice birthday present for us all, really fun and challenging car to drive and gives me great hopes for my new URT in the Championship.

Pete

Warren and Senad thank you for creating a session for me. It was fun even though I was alone. :)

I didn't run into any trouble with the car. Made three mistakes in the whole rally. On SS1 I was of the road on the fast part of the stage and I had two false starts. This car really suits my driving style, I'm always in control and the car just sticks to the road for me.
I've beaten some of my PB times with it so I'm hoping for some good results.

Okay, four things I've learnt today
1. I suck.
2. I hate finland.
3. I hate japan even more
4. My favourite stage and I lose ALL brakes to my car. fail.

Well that was interesting. managed to complete all of the stages except SS7 where i slid out about 20 seconds in and hit a tree ruining the engine. Finland was certainly a handful, had a couple of rolls and a few spinouts but managed to get back on the track with a wobbly wheel, japan wasn't too bad, though I accidentally loaded the car setups I was using for the snow stages so I was getting some bad understeer on the gravel, though traction through the flat corners was good and I could hit them full speed without worry, I still managed to beat my PB for Prika Menoko even though I ended up in the river at one point :p

All in all it was fun, I'll be in the next one!

That turned out to be nastier than I expected. Heaps of fun though, I really like driving the ol' REX.

I tried to concentrate on just finishing each stage, till I could get used to the handling (which was a bit bouncy and heavy responding). All went ok until the night stage at Frazier Wells (a scene of my undoing last REX Rally), and I repeated my last effort, only much worse. :rolleyes: Belting along the loooong straight flat out, I leaped over a crest and bounced horribly to the right as I landed, which then put me on the right hand side of the road. Before I could blink, a huge rock appeared in front out of the gloom. Bang, at very high speed. Killed the car instantly. :redface:
I think that Stage hates me. :frown:

That killed my confidence, so I ended up driving Mineshaft super carefully and way too slow.

Oh, well, it was still a lot of fun.

Thanks to Tremayne and Rick for the TS company and to the other guys who joined the OC session. Again, none of us will trouble the scorers. :tongue:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back