Rally - REX Revived - Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th September 2011

Warren Dawes

Premium
"REX Revived"

Mon 12th & Tues 13th September 2011

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2011 UPDATE 07 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Subaru Impreza 95 on a selection of Snow and Gravel Stages

Rex-Revival.jpg

Sessions: RD Rex Revived EU / RD Rex Revived US / RD Rex Revived OC / RD Rex Revived USX / RD Rex Revived EUX / RD Rex Revived EUZ / RD Rex Revived EUT / RD Rex Revived EUD

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: A8_2 ( You must choose the Subaru Impreza 95 from this car pack) **

Damage: REALISTIC

SS01 – Finland – Kaihuavaara (Normal, Light Fog, Day)
SS02 – Finland – Autiovaara II (Normal, Good, Day)
SS03 – Finland – Sikakama (Normal, Bad, Day)
SS04 - Japan – Noiker (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
SS05 - Japan – Pirka Minoko (Normal, Damp, Day)
SS06 – USA – Diamond Creek (Normal, Damp, Day)
SS07 – USA – Frazier Wells II (Normal, Good, Night)
SS08 - Australia – Mineshaft (Normal, Good, Day)

EUX Start: 17:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
EUZ Start: 23:00 GMT Monday *
USX Start: 01:00 GMT (8PM Monday Central Time) *
US Start: 03:00 GMT Tuesday (11PM EDST Monday (USA), 9PM Monday Mountain Time) *
EUT Start: 07:30 GMT Tuesday *
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday (QLD,NSW and VIC start time 8:30PM. ) *
EUD Start: 19:00 GMT Tuesday *

Additional time zone Rallys may be created on request.
If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

** PLEASE NOTE: You must drive the same car in all Stages

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2011 mod, ( Update 07 ), in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.
  • You will also require the A8_2 Car pack.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2011 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

Please Note: You must choose the Subaru Impreza 95 from the A8_2 Pack.

1. Teemu Toikka (tesnaukki) - EUX
  2. Pete Mull (SilverRallier) - EUX
  3. Viesturs Priede (Viesturs Priede) - EUX
  4. Jonathan Johansson (hompe) - EUX
  5. Ole Marius Myrvold (Ole Myrvold) - EU
  6. Tero Leppanen (Cloudy) - EU
  7. Norman Biscuits (got_biscuits) - EU
  8. Ian Bundell (ian_isnt) - EU
  9. Roy Magnes (Roy Magnes) - EU
  10. Mark Birney (Sparky245) - EU
  11. Dariusz Swiderski (swider) - EU
  12. Paul Newton (iam27paul) - EU
  13. Nigel Atkins (Marmiteman) - EU
  14. Sebastien Levret (Mayland) - EU
  15. Hubert Smolders (Speedthrill) - EU
  16. James Hersey (jhersey) - EU
  17. Magnar Haarstadsveen (magnar) - EUZ
  18. Jeff Feaker (bigbobross) - USX
  19. Jeff Brown (Tralic) - USX
  20. Corey Twyman (theFlash) - US
  21. Dubravko Sparovec (Dudo Sparovec) - EUT
  22. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - OC
  23. Tremayne Upson (trezza) - OC
  24. Jack Hintz (metalshredder7) - OC
  25. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - OC
  26. Eddie Mann (EddieX1) - OC
  27. Michael Hammond (Mike80) - OC
  28. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - OC
  29. Daniel Olsson (Daniel Olsson) - EUD
  30. Ondřej Kapal (OKapal) - EUD
  31. Driver
  32. Driver
  33. Driver
  34. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This time, we return to a more traditional Club Rally, everyone in the same car, and running Snow and Gravel Stages. Since it is my Birthday on Sunday (yes my B'day is now the dreaded 9/11), it's my choice, lol.

Soooo, the Club's dinosaur member chooses the dinosaur car, the Subaru Impreza 95, my favourite. We have used this car before, and it has proved to be a favourite for many drivers. The modelling is top notch, the cockpit view is one of the best in RSRBR, the handling is a lot of fun, and who could not love that deep growling sound. :love:

This car has some character, and is noticeably different to drive. It is a traditional 4WD WRC car, so it is fairly quick, it's handling is fairly stable, but it feels a little heavier than the other WRC cars and will move around more than you expect. You can have a lot of fun with it once you get used to its feel. It's an older car, so it doesn't quite have the neck snapping acceleration / braking of the newer WRC cars.

Stages are basically default Snow and Gravel, and chosen to best suit the car, but provide some variety. I've kept things fairly mild because I want the main focus of this rally to be on the car, not the Stages. However, I've chosen a few big jumps to add some excitement.

Please Note: We will be using Realistic Damage for this Rally.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. The Rex is quite stable and well balanced to drive. However, it does have its own unique feel. The default setup should be good, but again, balance the brakes to your own preferences.

2. RBR Pacenotes (where available) are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit the car.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2011, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially for the opening Snow Stages.

If requests are made for any additional time zones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Good luck all, I hope you enjoy throwing the growling Rex around, I know I will. :rally: :signup:

Thanks again to Damien for the great banner. :thanks:

Here is a little video of our last Rex Event from our Video Man Extraordinaire, Senad.

So, mr.Levret or any other guys who are planning to beat me should not sign up to this one. Please :redface:

Ole Marius Myrvold - Ole Myrvold - EU

Not sure if you know, the investigation of Colin McRae's death ended the 6th in this month. A fitting tribute as well Mr.Dino!

Looks intressting but im not sure i will make it yet, sign me up for EU anyhow :)

EDIT: It helps if you can provide your RSRBR Username for us. Signing up as per the format requested makes life a little easier for us. :wink:

Happy Birthday Warren!

Jeff Feaker - bigbobross - US

Is there any way we can get the time moved a little earlier around 7, 8, or even 9 central time? Look forward to racing!! Let me know Thanks! :wink:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%