1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Featured Racing Game Challenges! - Archive

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Jimlaad43, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,359
    RGC.jpg
    Welcome to the first thread of a whole new community effort on Race Department! Have you ever wanted an excuse to do stupid things on Racing Games and show them off? This is the competition for you.

The premise is simple, a Challenge will be set for anyone to try and complete. Your entry can be submitted from any game you like that involves driving cars, as long as it fulfills the requirements set in the challenge.

What kind of Challenges will be set?
    Most challenges should be possible to be completed on most games. If you are asked to submit a big 1st turn crash, entries can be submitted from all manner of games, from F1 2016, Assetto Corsa and rFactor, to games like Forza Horizon 3, GTA 5 and Mario Kart. Some challenges will be track specific, so again, entries will be free for any eligible game.

How do I enter?
    Simply upload your clip to a video site, such as Youtube, and share it in the thread. Please only link to relevant videos, preferably without watermarks, added music and long intros. These entries must be your own, you cannot post someone else's video and claim it as your own. Make sure you say which Game it was played on, and also car and track if it is not specified in the challenge.

How long will each round be open?
    1 week +/- a few days depending on my availability.

I have an idea for a challenge, how can I suggest it?
    The Game Challenges Nomination thread is a place to post your idea for a challenge. Once a winner is chosen, they will be notified, and a new challenge will be set, using suggestions in the Nominations thread.

I will update the thread title with the latest challenge and which page to find it on. I hope the challenges are challenging enough. Happy gaming!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,359
    RGC.jpg
    Welcome to the first thread of a whole new community effort on Race Department! Have you ever wanted an excuse to do stupid things on Racing Games and show them off? This is the competition for you.

The premise is simple, a Challenge will be set for anyone to try and complete. Your entry can be submitted from any game you like that involves driving cars, as long as it fulfills the requirements set in the challenge.

What kind of Challenges will be set?
    Most challenges should be possible to be completed on most games. If you are asked to submit a big 1st turn crash, entries can be submitted from all manner of games, from F1 2016, Assetto Corsa and rFactor, to games like Forza Horizon 3, GTA 5 and Mario Kart. Some challenges will be track specific, so again, entries will be free for any eligible game.

How do I enter?
    Simply upload your clip to a video site, such as Youtube, and share it in the thread. Please only link to relevant videos, preferably without watermarks, added music and long intros. These entries must be your own, you cannot post someone else's video and claim it as your own. Make sure you say which Game it was played on, and also car and track if it is not specified in the challenge.

How long will each round be open?
    1 week +/- a few days depending on my availability.

I have an idea for a challenge, how can I suggest it?
    The Game Challenges Nomination thread is a place to post your idea for a challenge. Once a winner is chosen, they will be notified, and a new challenge will be set, using suggestions in the Nominations thread.

I will update the thread title with the latest challenge and which page to find it on. I hope the challenges are challenging enough. Happy gaming!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,359
    Week #1 - Roll a car off a kerb
    heidfeld.jpg
    The first challenge is trickier than it sounds, but is really fun nonetheless.
    While driving around race tracks, you may sometimes notice some high kerbs. Your challenge this week is to hit one of these kerbs and roll your car. At the end of the week, the most spectacular crash will win.

Make sure the crash looks realistic, don't just drive at 200mph and hit the inside kerb of a hairpin, that's not what this is about. The more genuine the start of the accident looks, the more likely it is to win. Obviously, if it's a glitchy kerb and your car is launched into space, that's hilarious and fine.

Post your videos below, and enjoy!

• Like Like x 6
  4. Chris

Chris
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,774
    Ohhoohohoohoh I already know which track, car and corner I'm going to use for this one :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rastas

Rastas

Ratings:
    +72
    Hehe,great :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    Talking Door Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +1,190
    At the start of this video, the king of the rolls: Nissan GT-R LMP1:D (URD PX, Silverstone, rF2)

It isn't a kerb, but hey! Take it as a bonus:roflmao: (Marcas, Tarumã, GSCE)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 14
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Crispy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Premium

Ratings:
    +1,050
    I think I know which combo you're talking about lol. :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. goffred

goffred
    Premium

Ratings:
    +79
    A track somewhere south of Ayers Rock in a beta version of a game? Or just about any kerb in AC?

9. Chris

Chris
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,774
    Well, it's not me in the video, but it is @Ross McGregor in the first round of the VSCC from Albert Park displaying the textbook cornering technique for Turn 11 of the Australian GP street circuit :D

https://streamable.com/j3ntz

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Sam Hill

Sam Hill

Ratings:
    +86
    My effort to get out of the way of the leaders in last weekend's Realish Racing race at Virginia North (AMS)

• Like Like x 8
  11. Denis E.

Denis E.

Ratings:
    +11
    [​IMG]

12. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +751
    While practicing for a wtcc15 raceroom club race last year, this curb is definitely deadly

Excuse my crappy recording...

• Like Like x 11
    • Haha Haha x 4
  13. thatmotorfreak

thatmotorfreak

Ratings:
    +98
    Has someone been watch FailRace's videos lately? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,359
    Yes, a lot.

• Love Love x 1
  15. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,359
    [​IMG]
    If you have any ideas for challenges to be set, post them here. Make sure they can be done on different games, so it doesn't restrict it to just AMS or Codemasters games for example.

If you think someone else's idea is good, give it a "like" rating. It will help us decide what challenge to set next.

16. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +910
    Good luck with AC in Roll Over the Kerb challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  17. learie

learie

Ratings:
    +13
    I too apologise for the dodgy recording, it was last year and I never intended on sharing it. :)
    (iRacing, V8 Supercar, Monza)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Juergen

Juergen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    Including worm hole... :laugh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,359
    Oh yeah?

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  20. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +910
    @Jimlaad43 Thats whole different approach - using kerb to get too much air under the car. Doesn't count :D Other Kerb rollovers are happening because of centripetal force, or bouncing off from kerbs mechanical reactive force, or risen center of mass, or all three.