RaceRoom Racing Experience Free Weekend Begins Today

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Free Weekend 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios are running a free weekend with RaceRoom Racing Experience, allowing players to access the BMW Z4 and Spa Francorchamps at no cost all weekend.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation for Windows PC that utilises a pay model where players can purchase individual cars or tracks for an additional cost. The initial game download comes with some access to a small number of cars and tracks for free, however such content as the various DTM, WTCC, GT and ADAC machines plus tracks such as the recently released Karlskoga, Silverstone and Spa Francorchamps have to be purchased in game for an additional charge.

Although all cars within the game can be sampled in a test environment at the fantasy RaceRoom Raceway circuit, Sector3 have made the move to allow all gamers access to the hugely successful BMW Z4 and the beautiful Spa circuit for free throughout the coming weekend. The car and track combination can be sampled without limitations on both single player and online multiplayer for the duration of Saturday and Sunday (11th - 12th March).

To help get you in the mood for what is on offer, check out this little video from the cockpit of the Z4 during an offline GT3 event:

RaceRoom content can be purchased from the RaceRoom Store and is priced individually.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available via the Steam Network

RaceRoom Free Weekend 3.jpg
RaceRoom Free Weekend.jpg
RaceRoom Free Weekend 4.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have some of the best conversation, all the latest news and of course our epic Racing Club, where you can take the sim out on track against your fellow R3E players.

Will you be taking advantage of the RaceRoom BMW Z4 / Spa free weekend? What do you think of the combination? Let us know in the comments section below!

Bah! not impressed Raceroom :rolleyes:

Normally when Devs from other Genre's offer free weekends on Steam, they open the entire game to the public, this strikes me as a good marketing strategy, giving prospective buyers all weekend to decide whether to purchase by sampling the entire game free :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The above offer, while positive, is actually quite stingy in my opinion, why not offer access to the entire game or even 50%, not just one car & track. Especially when you take into consideration the plethora of content that is available as pay to play. It's like going to buy a new house but only viewing the master bedroom. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

View attachment 178494
Sector3 Studios are running a free weekend with RaceRoom Racing Experience, allowing players to access the BMW Z4 and Spa Francorchamps at no cost all weekend.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation for Windows PC that utilises a pay model where players can purchase individual cars or tracks for an additional cost. The initial game download comes with some access to a small number of cars and tracks for free, however such content as the various DTM, WTCC, GT and ADAC machines plus tracks such as the recently released Karlskoga, Silverstone and Spa Francorchamps have to be purchased in game for an additional charge.

Although all cars within the game can be sampled in a test environment at the fantasy RaceRoom Raceway circuit, Sector3 have made the move to allow all gamers access to the hugely successful BMW Z4 and the beautiful Spa circuit for free throughout the coming weekend. The car and track combination can be sampled without limitations on both single player and online multiplayer for the duration of Saturday and Sunday (11th - 12th March).

To help get you in the mood for what is on offer, check out this little video from the cockpit of the Z4 during an offline GT3 event:

RaceRoom content can be purchased from the RaceRoom Store and is priced individually.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available via the Steam Network

View attachment 178495 View attachment 178497 View attachment 178496

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have some of the best conversation, all the latest news and of course our epic Racing Club, where you can take the sim out on track against your fellow R3E players.

Will you be taking advantage of the RaceRoom BMW Z4 / Spa free weekend? What do you think of the combination? Let us know in the comments section below!

Bah! not impressed Raceroom :rolleyes:

Normally when Devs from other Genre's offer free weekends on Steam, they open the entire game to the public, this strikes me as a good marketing strategy, giving prospective buyers all weekend to decide whether to purchase by sampling the entire game free :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The above offer, while positive, is actually quite stingy in my opinion, why not offer access to the entire game or even 50%, not just one car & track. Especially when you take into consideration the plethora of content that is available as pay to play. It's like going to buy a new house but only viewing the master bedroom. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
If the base game is free and you can test any content before you buy, while being given a chance to try a combo you dont own online with others for a weekend.....i am failing to understand your comparison to buying a house while only viewing the master bedroom?
You get a much better idea of what the content is than most titles offering paid content.

Last edited:
If the base game is free and you can test any content before you buy, while being given a chance to try a combo you dont own online with others for a weekend.....i am failing to understand your comparison to buying a house while only viewing the master bedroom?
You get a much better idea of what the content is than most titles offering paid content.
Im sure there are cars/tracks that arent in the free content and that isnt GT3 that potential customers could sample and fall in love with. Look at it this way: what would they loose from letting people try all the combos? I cant see any negatives - only benefits. Dont get me wrong its cool they let people try the GT3/Spa, and the base game is free. Just that i cant see any negatives by letting people try their fav combos, get a great experience and be pumped to buy it.

They have already done a Steam Free Weekend before, where you could play everything in the game for free.

Only 1 game on Steam has a free weekend each week, and with ~10,000+ games on Steam, getting a 2nd free weekend is unlikely.

The above offer, while positive, is actually quite stingy in my opinion,

So you want them to give you the entire game for free? It's already F2P, and if they did this every weekend, no one would buy anything and they would be out of business instantly.

This reeks of, "Im entitled and want more than Im being offered." What's wrong with a free weekend to sample some of the content? Would you rather they go back to having no free weekends? Because that is the other option...

Aside from that... this focuses attention on specific content, giving someone an extended look at this specific content. If everything was available, chances are very high that not all of the content would be used, and people would only gravitate to a small portion of the content.

Varying the content each weekend (if this continues) gives you 3 days to try a specific track, and specific car from a different class. That is quite cool in my opinion, and it would have been nice to see this long ago.

Still, they have weekly sales on certain content, and bigger sales every few months. If you really want to splash the cash on a lot of content, buy a big pack of vRP at a discount and then get the premium pack. :)

Look at it this way: what would they loose from letting people try all the combos? I cant see any negatives

This doesnt seem to be a 1 time thing. If they gave you everything for free in the game every weekend, where would they make their money?

That is not a profitable business venture, especially for a game that doesnt cost anything to begin with.

I have the majority of their cars and tracks. How am I supposed to test a particular car/track combo that I don't own? The chances are beyond slim. If you call this a "free weekend", make it one.

As for "where would they make their money?", no need to be ridiculous. Offering all the content for free once in a long while for a short period of time is not exactly the same as giving it away for free. If anything, it'd be more beneficial for them.

I really fail to see what people are whining about.

The base game is *free*, and includes a number of *free* cars and tracks. With that *free* version, you can also test every other paid car the sim has to offer for *free*, as many times as you want. And now they're giving full access to a popular car and one of the most popular tracks all weekend, again for *free*. Most other sims don't even have a free demo version, yet R3E is being criticised because it's free full version isn't "good enough"?

Just goes to show that no matter what you do, there will always be ungrateful people to whinge and whine about it. :thumbsdown::poop:

As for "where would they make their money?", no need to be ridiculous. Offering all the content for free once in a long while for a short period of time

They already did exactly this... so why the criticism when they already gave you exactly what you wanted?

The devs seem to want to do free weekends of select content more often, and it is a nice way to get people to try new things, or even just populate the MP servers a bit more.

Shocking that people can find something to complain about when it comes to a free weekend. But hey, this is sim-racing after all... :poop:

They already did exactly this... so why the criticism when they already gave you exactly what you wanted?

The devs seem to want to do free weekends of select content more often, and it is a nice way to get people to try new things, or even just populate the MP servers a bit more.

Shocking that people can find something to complain about when it comes to a free weekend. But hey, this is sim-racing after all... :poop:
What do I need that Z4 and Spa for if I already have the majority of content including these pieces?

If you only open access to particular pieces for a weekend, just call it that way. Calling it a "Free weekend" is a misleading marketing trick, since the name implies having access to the whole product for the period of time indicated. That's what I don't like about it.

Also, how many simracers are going to benefit from this "offer" anyway? If somebody is more or less serious about R3E and racing, they have both the Z4 and the Spa in their inventory already.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.