RaceRoom Racing Experience Free Weekend Begins Today

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Free Weekend 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios are running a free weekend with RaceRoom Racing Experience, allowing players to access the BMW Z4 and Spa Francorchamps at no cost all weekend.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation for Windows PC that utilises a pay model where players can purchase individual cars or tracks for an additional cost. The initial game download comes with some access to a small number of cars and tracks for free, however such content as the various DTM, WTCC, GT and ADAC machines plus tracks such as the recently released Karlskoga, Silverstone and Spa Francorchamps have to be purchased in game for an additional charge.

Although all cars within the game can be sampled in a test environment at the fantasy RaceRoom Raceway circuit, Sector3 have made the move to allow all gamers access to the hugely successful BMW Z4 and the beautiful Spa circuit for free throughout the coming weekend. The car and track combination can be sampled without limitations on both single player and online multiplayer for the duration of Saturday and Sunday (11th - 12th March).

To help get you in the mood for what is on offer, check out this little video from the cockpit of the Z4 during an offline GT3 event:

RaceRoom content can be purchased from the RaceRoom Store and is priced individually.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available via the Steam Network

RaceRoom Free Weekend 3.jpg
RaceRoom Free Weekend.jpg
RaceRoom Free Weekend 4.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have some of the best conversation, all the latest news and of course our epic Racing Club, where you can take the sim out on track against your fellow R3E players.

Will you be taking advantage of the RaceRoom BMW Z4 / Spa free weekend? What do you think of the combination? Let us know in the comments section below!

Give man the world, and still he wants more. More more more. Unbelievable :confused:

People who already own the content have the following to 'gain' from it: People who don't own the content might play it, realise it's one of the best sims out there and buy stuff from it, thus giving you someone to race against if they go multiplayer, and keeping the future of the sim bright.

People who want the entire game free for a weekend: You can already test any paid car for free on the R3E test track, at any time, for any length of time. You can also (unless it's changed?) take part and challenge your contacts times in any of the standard Competitions, which nearly always feature paid cars and paid tracks, for free.

What is there not to like? It is free. It also might create more traffic online and GT3 on Spa is a nice combo for some week end online racing.
Rotating combo might be a nice strategy to attract more players to R3E, they can use some and deserve them as they are offering a very strong and immersive SIM experience.
Only one Combo per week end is a good idea, as when you have to much to try in too little time, you just jump from this to that without taking the time to really evaluate and appreciate.
I would be looking forward to a DTM week end combo.

If you only open access to particular pieces for a weekend, just call it that way. Calling it a "Free weekend" is a misleading marketing trick, since the name implies having access to the whole product for the period of time indicated.

did u bother checking the news?
from fb "FREE Week-End with the BMW Z4 GT3 and Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps!"
from steam: "FREE Week-End with the BMW Z4 GT3 and Spa-Francorchamps!""
twitter: "Our free content this week-end brings you the @BMW Z4 GT3 and @circuitspa"

super misleading

Great, league of legends has the weekly hero rotation since the beginning. (2009-2010)
Gives people who are interested/don´t own the content yet a reason to login every weekend.
Full server at 1 am cest, already a success for the game ;)
Maybe produce a short vid when announcing a car for the weekly rotation: stats, important wins, drivers, setup tips and tricks for the selected track, interview a driver who has driven the car ... same for track. Connect the weekly rotation to something that is happening in real life racing at the same time.

Give man the world, and still he wants more. More more more. Unbelievable :confused:

People who already own the content have the following to 'gain' from it: People who don't own the content might play it, realise it's one of the best sims out there and buy stuff from it, thus giving you someone to race against if they go multiplayer, and keeping the future of the sim bright.

People who want the entire game free for a weekend: You can already test any paid car for free on the R3E test track, at any time, for any length of time. You can also (unless it's changed?) take part and challenge your contacts times in any of the standard Competitions, which nearly always feature paid cars and paid tracks, for free.
Where exactly I was given "a world"? I only remember giving them quite a substantial amount of money for a not very satisfying return.

did u bother checking the news?
from fb "FREE Week-End with the BMW Z4 GT3 and Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps!"
from steam: "FREE Week-End with the BMW Z4 GT3 and Spa-Francorchamps!""
twitter: "Our free content this week-end brings you the @BMW Z4 GT3 and @circuitspa"

super misleading
Calling it a "FREE Week-End" is misleading.

what can it better than iracing ?

I'm sorry.. i didn't realise that is was a direct comparison.. and that question is not even relevant..

Tell me.. what can an orange do better than an apple? Who cares.. i like both!

But since you're asking.. You can try EVERY SINGLE CAR IN RACEROOM FOR FREE ANYTIME FOR AS LONG AS YOU LIKE AROUND A PRETTY AMAZING FREE TRACK!

In comparison... every iRacing car is a gamble.. and (up until the latest tyre update) all except a couple were a complete waste of money! No one drives most of them so i can't race them anyway..

AND....They are really bloody expensive.. !!! I own most of the iRacing road content because i have serious sim addiction issues and think the tracks are unmatched in execution.. but the cars have a way to go.. the latest tyre model updates have made the selected cars infinitely better so they are heading in the right direction..

Raceroom is by no means perfect.. but the fact that people are on this thread whinging about how a free weekend of some content isn't good enough when R3E is the only sim to let you sample most of it's content so you can choose whether to buy it or not is insane..

Sector3 are ballsy and it shows confidence in their product .. i was able to try all the R3E cars and was so impressed I immediately spent the money to buy a whole bunch of content that appealed to me..
Conversely ..if I was able to sample the iRacing cars before purchase i'd no doubt be a couple of hundred dollars richer right now!!!

Anyway.. like i said.. i love both R3E and iRacing and i play these and all the other sims (AMS, RF2, PCars, PnG) a pretty equal amount..
I think we're very fortunate to have such great games available and this type of marketing initiative should be celebrated not lambasted.. especially by the members of the RD community..

Last edited:
Seems like R3E wants to grab some attention before releasing the BMW M6 GT3 which is coming soon as they say (Hate to see other games get it first because some waited for it for so long). Anyways, it is good that they started these free trial weekends (besides the game is also free). doubt that any other game can offer this.

Last edited:
"The game is free." Except more honest developers call this kind of a "free game" a demo. If you want an example of a truly free racing game, check the old netKar and Racer. Well, you get what you paid for in those, but that's not the point. They were indeed free.
F2P, on the other hand, is just a fancy way of calling it a demo, but still trying to appear as if it's a charity activity or something. And what's worse, people are actually buying into this. Instead of regarding demos as something normal, that needs to be done if you want any sales to be made, they will now worship you, because you gave them a demo.

Well, people are actually keen to worship anybody these days. Just give them something appearing remotely usable, seasoned with a bunch of lies, and you can be the second Ian Bell, Stefano Casillo or whatever else serious businessman springing into mind.

"The game is free." Except more honest developers call this kind of a "free game" a demo. If you want an example of a truly free racing game, check the old netKar and Racer. Well, you get what you paid for in those, but that's not the point. They were indeed free.
F2P, on the other hand, is just a fancy way of calling it a demo, but still trying to appear as if it's a charity activity or something. And what's worse, people are actually buying into this. Instead of regarding demos as something normal, that needs to be done if you want any sales to be made, they will now worship you, because you gave them a demo.

Well, people are actually keen to worship anybody these days. Just give them something appearing remotely usable, seasoned with a bunch of lies, and you can be the second Ian Bell, Stefano Casillo or whatever else serious businessman springing into mind.

You can try to play semantics all you want, but your posts read as though you have a lot of irrational angst built up for some reason.

R3E is not a demo, although it could be called as such if you really wanted to be a pedant. Having not paid for anything in the game, you have access to: Single player practice sessions, races against the AI, MP races, Leaderboards, Competitions with real prizes, ability to set up a championship, ability to adjust any settings and tweak a race how you see fit.

You can do every single thing the game has to offer without paying for a single piece of content. That, by definition, is not a demo.

Cheerio :)

Some people are just never happy no matter what is given to them, it's free content FFS, try it out or don't there really isn't anything more too it than that....but no there's always an issue, must be a depressing life to live with a constant negative attitude towards anything that any Devs produce!

You can try to play semantics all you want, but your posts read as though you have a lot of irrational angst built up for some reason.

R3E is not a demo, although it could be called as such if you really wanted to be a pedant. Having not paid for anything in the game, you have access to: Single player practice sessions, races against the AI, MP races, Leaderboards, Competitions with real prizes, ability to set up a championship, ability to adjust any settings and tweak a race how you see fit.

You can do every single thing the game has to offer without paying for a single piece of content. That, by definition, is not a demo.

Cheerio :)
Of everything you enumerated, only the "competitions with real prizes" might not belong to a demo. But it depends...

As for "irrational angst", spare me your amateurish psychoanalytic attempts. I'm not here to discuss you or any other person on the forum for that matter. So, why don't you return the favour? I've had enough of attackers already as it is.

Some people are just never happy no matter what is given to them, it's free content FFS, try it out or don't there really isn't anything more too it than that....but no there's always an issue, must be a depressing life to live with a constant negative attitude towards anything that any Devs produce!
Still can't learn to mind your own business? Better look in the mirror and search for what is wrong with you rather than with others. I'm starting to get sick of you, really.

Already bought Spa and the BMW Zed 4. I've bought a lot of content for this game. The content is cheap and the base game is free. I've picked up a ton of online races at random, particularly on weekends, so I don't have a problem with paying for DLC, in this game. I play this game more than rFactor 2, and for years, that was my main Race SIM. I like this better. Might have to go RD Premium to get into some league races, where there are rules that have to be followed and less "NASCAR Style Driving"/wreckfest action.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back