RaceRoom Racing Experience Free Weekend Begins Today

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Free Weekend 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios are running a free weekend with RaceRoom Racing Experience, allowing players to access the BMW Z4 and Spa Francorchamps at no cost all weekend.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation for Windows PC that utilises a pay model where players can purchase individual cars or tracks for an additional cost. The initial game download comes with some access to a small number of cars and tracks for free, however such content as the various DTM, WTCC, GT and ADAC machines plus tracks such as the recently released Karlskoga, Silverstone and Spa Francorchamps have to be purchased in game for an additional charge.

Although all cars within the game can be sampled in a test environment at the fantasy RaceRoom Raceway circuit, Sector3 have made the move to allow all gamers access to the hugely successful BMW Z4 and the beautiful Spa circuit for free throughout the coming weekend. The car and track combination can be sampled without limitations on both single player and online multiplayer for the duration of Saturday and Sunday (11th - 12th March).

To help get you in the mood for what is on offer, check out this little video from the cockpit of the Z4 during an offline GT3 event:

RaceRoom content can be purchased from the RaceRoom Store and is priced individually.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available via the Steam Network

RaceRoom Free Weekend 3.jpg
RaceRoom Free Weekend.jpg
RaceRoom Free Weekend 4.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have some of the best conversation, all the latest news and of course our epic Racing Club, where you can take the sim out on track against your fellow R3E players.

Will you be taking advantage of the RaceRoom BMW Z4 / Spa free weekend? What do you think of the combination? Let us know in the comments section below!

Some people just dont like free stuff :p:rolleyes:
And some people are not very bright to tell free stuff and an old marketing trick apart.

Just when will you learn that people selling you stuff are not your friends... Their ultimate goal is to make you give up all your money without them lifting a finger. And more you encourage them, the closer they are to achieving that. If they do not respect us, making us their Guinea pigs in the marketing field, I'm not going to go slight on them either. And you should think it over once again, which side you are on.

Not talking about S3S here in particular. Just about every single entity trying to sell us stuff.

And some people are not very bright to tell free stuff and an old marketing trick apart.

Just when will you learn that people selling you stuff are not your friends... Their ultimate goal is to make you give up all your money without them lifting a finger. And more you encourage them, the closer they are to achieving that. If they do not respect us, making us their Guinea pigs in the marketing field, I'm not going to go slight on them either. And you should think it over once again, which side you are on.

Or, perhaps being less cynical...

It really is as innocent as, "We are trying to sell you content. Have this free trial weekend for these specific pieces of content to see if you like them enough to buy them if you dont already own them."

You are looking way, way, way too much into this m8. :poop:

Not talking about S3S here in particular. Just about every single entity trying to sell us stuff.

Wow.. i think you just described capitalism! We live in a golden age my friend..!

Or, perhaps being less cynical...

It really is as innocent as, "We are trying to sell you content. Have this free trial weekend for these specific pieces of content to see if you like them enough to buy them if you dont already own them."

You are looking way, way, way too much into this m8. :poop:
It's you being way, way, way too careless. Not sure if you are not living long enough or simply not paying enough attention to stuff happening around you. Also, you might want to go wash your hands with soap or something after defecating here.

Wow.. i think you just described capitalism! We live in a golden age my friend..!
Sorry, but that's not how capitalism should work. It's only good when it's not skewed into one party's favour. At the moment, however, it's getting more and more about people selling stuff rather than about those who buy it. Let it run longer like this, and you'll have the situation I've already described above.

First of all, there should be no ads, nor marketing tricks. All the information about products should be aggregated at a particular place or places, where it would be possible to easily find the product using as many search criteria as possible. You could say eBay or Amazon are kind of close to that, but not exactly. Every attempt on the selling party's side to make the product to look better than it really is should be punished just as hard as any attempt to steal the product on the purchasing side. Also, there should be more control for the customers over the product's price. And as I said, the process shouldn't be skewed in any way, so not exactly "ok, I'll buy it for a dollar!"

I must confess I've never viewed S3 as a global corporation hell bent on world domination and determined to put their foot on the neck of the proletarian masses. I've kind of seen them as hard working guys trying to make a product that will appeal to those same masses and to provide food and shelter for their families.
However the weekend is now over and we can return to normality:whistling: and the real world.

Sorry, but that's not how capitalism should work. It's only good when it's not skewed into one party's favour. At the moment, however, it's getting more and more about people selling stuff rather than about those who buy it. Let it run longer like this, and you'll have the situation I've already described above.

First of all, there should be no ads, nor marketing tricks. All the information about products should be aggregated at a particular place or places, where it would be possible to easily find the product using as many search criteria as possible. You could say eBay or Amazon are kind of close to that, but not exactly. Every attempt on the selling party's side to make the product to look better than it really is should be punished just as hard as any attempt to steal the product on the purchasing side. Also, there should be more control for the customers over the product's price. And as I said, the process shouldn't be skewed in any way, so not exactly "ok, I'll buy it for a dollar!"

Now i'm just starting to think you're winding me up!

However, if you are serious.. write a letter to the leader of the Free World Donald Trump with your list of ideas.. I'm sure he can do something to accommodate your point of view and get it implemented on a world scale! :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back