RACE: Caterham Expansion Released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
SIMBIN’S RACE: CATERHAM EXPANSION PACK FREE ON STEAM FOR LIMITED TIME

Official expansion pack for SimBin’s acclaimed racing series available for limited-time, free download on Steam.

June 18, 2007 -- SimBin, a multiple award winning game studio, today announces that RACE: CATERHAM—the official expansion pack for RACE – The WTCC Game—is now available for free on Steam, a leading online platform for the distribution and management of PC games. For this week only, June 18-22, current owners of RACE can download the full version of RACE: CATERHAM for free. After the special promotion ends on June 22, the Caterham Expansion will be available for purchase on Steam (www.steampowered.com) for $4.95. RACE and the CATERHAM Expansion will be available together for $24.95.

“The decision to give away the full Caterham Expansion is our way of thanking our loyal fans,” said Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin Studios. “This limited time offer is a tribute to the entire community, many of whom have been actively playing our games since the release of our first title, GTR, in 2004.”

Celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Caterham Cars Ltd, players now have the opportunity to expand their WTCC Experience and race these exceptional classic sportscars. RACE: CATERHAM introduces a total of 60 individual new cars/car skins based on some of the most exciting models of the Caterham sports car range, including the Caterham CSR 200, CSR 260 or the CSR 320 Concept, a concept version with a grueling 320hp. Racers can run the cars on two exciting new tracks: the legendary circuit of Imola and the former GP-track of Estoril.

=================================================================================================

Go to your steam now and update it :)

If you update before 22nd of june they are free! So hurry hurry! Close your steam and re-open it! Update will start!

My first impression of the 320 Caterham: Wow! This is what drifting is about :)

Hurry up and sign up for RPM's RACE - The Caterham Tournament: click here
Or browse the big RACE forums: click here

• Hackett

I just open steam, and it automatically started installing the update, but after loading, the new controller features are there, (Which I have remapped, but still not getting proper FF from the new mapping) but I do not have the "Cat Add-on", just the locked out features, with an info icon to go "Buy" the add-on.

Oh well!

Brad.

• Antoine Morin

For those who have problems saying you already got it ..did you tried to erase the race catheram folder in steam ? via the steam apps if you have the race catheram icon with right click on it there are some options like "local files / delete files" .. and it says you'll just have to redownload all the stuff after ...not sure what it will do guys so maybe wait for official solution ;)

Mikkel,

as I described:

- i started steam
- it updated automaticly and instantly Race (but only to a newer version, not the cat-ex)
- the "get-it-now"-window popped up simultaniously and i clicked on the button to download it after the update of RACE finished
- i read and confirmed the license-stuff
- it starts to download, stops after 2 secs and tells me:
"Double-registration. This update already has been installed to your computer."

Im getting the same.......:(

• Lars Gerrit Korb

thx Antoine,

but a caterham folder was never created.
We don't even reach the download - but funnily it tells us that it has already been registered to our account...

That's why it denies the acces to the download...lol?

Would be the same like saying "you are already playing caterham...in your dreams, man...in your dreams"

Greetz

Mikkel said:
Lars post a very detailed walkthrough of what you have done and what error messags you get etc. Step by step by step, then if we figure out a solution it should help other as well. If you don't get it for free I'm gonna eat my Chevy :D

I hope Siggsy will post precisely what he did to make it work.

Well Mikkel,

I did exactly as said in my previous posts. I had no problems getting the caterham add-on. I just clicked the button and hey presto, it started downloading (although I pressed it while RACE was still doing it's update - slightly different to others, as a few let RACE update first before accepting the caterham add-on). Whether this made any difference I have no idea.

On a side note, my brother is having the same probs as others here that he can't get the add-on, as it says there is a copy already registered to his pc. He has no caterham add-on icon in his steam also. He tried the link that was posted here for Internet Explorer but also no success.

My problem was when trying out RACE for the first time after the update plus the add-on, I received a mini-dump message from steam and the game crashed just before getting the dump message. This was happening when trying to drive any car or update my controller settings. I tried creating a new controller profile but this was also causing the mini-dump. The only way I could get the game to run was with the keyboard as controls and my controller disconnected. I tried rebooting and reinstalling my controller drivers but it was still causing the mini-dumps.

Anyways, I waited until today when I got home from work and then set the RACE launch options in steam to -dev like Ramon had suggested on the previous page, to help with the precise problems in the mini-dump. I loaded up the game and then tried to create another controller profile and for some reason it just worked. I did nothing else but now I have my controller working again and the game runs fine. Have not had a mini-dump since.

It's all very strange but unfortunately I can't explain it in anymore detail than this, as I didn't do anymore than what I have described.

I'm sorry that this will probably not fix any of the similar problems that people are having. I just hope they get some luck like I have.

• Hackett

I am not all that bothered about the Cats add-on, but the "patch Update" thing has screwed my controller Force-Feedback settings. Effectively rendering RACE unplayable, with no sensation of wheel grip, resulting in having no idea how much to push in a corner before loss of grip is reached.
All the other FF effects work just fine though!

Brad.

• Lars Gerrit Korb

It is not that much that I miss the Cats but more the tracks that came with it.

This really sucks...even if I wanted to drive the wtcc, most servers are running the new tracks now..
This is annoying.

Greetz

I saw a message fomr someone at RSC with similar problems... he made it work by simply trying again and again and again. Seems it was a known Steam issue.

Also Both Valve and SimBin are now aware of the fact that some have problems, they are on the case.

• Lars Gerrit Korb

running xp...vista cant be the prob.

@Woofer
tried that link several times...no success..same result as described.

I'll check it again this evening.
Hopefully they fixed the problem until then...

Greetz

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back