RACE: Caterham Expansion Released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
SIMBIN’S RACE: CATERHAM EXPANSION PACK FREE ON STEAM FOR LIMITED TIME

Official expansion pack for SimBin’s acclaimed racing series available for limited-time, free download on Steam.

June 18, 2007 -- SimBin, a multiple award winning game studio, today announces that RACE: CATERHAM—the official expansion pack for RACE – The WTCC Game—is now available for free on Steam, a leading online platform for the distribution and management of PC games. For this week only, June 18-22, current owners of RACE can download the full version of RACE: CATERHAM for free. After the special promotion ends on June 22, the Caterham Expansion will be available for purchase on Steam (www.steampowered.com) for $4.95. RACE and the CATERHAM Expansion will be available together for $24.95.

“The decision to give away the full Caterham Expansion is our way of thanking our loyal fans,” said Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin Studios. “This limited time offer is a tribute to the entire community, many of whom have been actively playing our games since the release of our first title, GTR, in 2004.”

Celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Caterham Cars Ltd, players now have the opportunity to expand their WTCC Experience and race these exceptional classic sportscars. RACE: CATERHAM introduces a total of 60 individual new cars/car skins based on some of the most exciting models of the Caterham sports car range, including the Caterham CSR 200, CSR 260 or the CSR 320 Concept, a concept version with a grueling 320hp. Racers can run the cars on two exciting new tracks: the legendary circuit of Imola and the former GP-track of Estoril.

=================================================================================================

Go to your steam now and update it :)

If you update before 22nd of june they are free! So hurry hurry! Close your steam and re-open it! Update will start!

My first impression of the 320 Caterham: Wow! This is what drifting is about :)

Hurry up and sign up for RPM's RACE - The Caterham Tournament: click here
Or browse the big RACE forums: click here

Wohoooow :D The Caterhams are officially downloading !!!

I just installed Race and Steam on a different PC. There it does work and the Caterhams are installing there... So normally I should get them on my regular PC also, since it is depending on a Steam account...

Stay tuned :)

• Antoine Morin

Last idea for you guys having the "already have it" problem ...try to delete the .blob files in your steam folder they will force steam to reupdate ..i just did it now and all my games are ok ...but it was ok before ^^

I saw that in a Red Orchestra thread if i remember ...

• Antoine Morin

Damn ...you'll have to wait for official tips then ...after it's too much deleting and editing things for me :(

Maybe try to put steam in english language (if it's not for sure ^^), i have probs with Counter strike putting it in french ...

As found on RSC. Maybe this will help you out?

Mikkel said:
ok.. quick recap for those with installation problems.

Try these altrnative solutions if you can't get the Caterhams installed:

1: Use this link if you can't see the offer:
http://storefront.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/message/1086/

1b: If you can't see the offer, version 2:
Start up steam, open your web browser and type
steam://hardwarepromo/370
press enter

2: if you get errors when trying to install, delete the two .blob files located in your Steam folder, this forces steam to reconfigure itself and may very well make it work. (default location C:\Program Files\Steam\ )

3: if you get errors when trying to install, try and try and try again until it works (no joke, has worked for some and seems to be a known steam issue)

4: if you get errors when trying to install, install Steam on a different PC.. (your backup PC, you parents, neighbour or whatever). Then get the caterhams there and when you return to your own PC and start Steam the Caterhams will be listed as available, you just have to download it again.

5: if you get errors when trying to install, mess with your antivirus and/or firewall

6: if you get errors when trying to install and none of the above has made any difference... wait for Valve to fix things, sorry.

If either of these solutions fixed the problem for you, please post here so we can see what works for most people.

Mikkel said:
Important update from Valve !!

Ask any effected user to open a support ticket on our support site (http://support.steampowered.com/: <http://support.steampowered.com/> ) if they have an issue then worst case we can manually grant anyone that makes a ticket before the deadline (and also owns Race). Make sure they include their Steam account name in the report

This means open a ticket with the official Steam support system ASAP if you have a problem installing the Caterham. Then you qualify for the free download even if it is not all sorted out by friday.
IMHO this is very very good service, nice to see Valve being on the ball.

One thing I found out could be the reason for lots of the problems experienced here is that certain Steam functions rely on unique Windows numbers... meaning that if you have a "less than legal" version of XP it can create problems with Steam.

• Lars Gerrit Korb

I got a official DELL configured XP.
Can't imagine that this might cause the problem.

Funnily today it loaded the addon, but after the loading bar finished,
it told me that this addon is not compatible with the race version installed.

Lol.

Nevermind - i just skip it and wait for RACE 07.

Greetz

LOL seems you are destind to see every single possible error message Steam has ever created :D

As long as you have used the official Steam support thing to report the problem you should be granted a free download even if it does not work before friday.

Mikkel said:
LOL seems you are destind to see every single possible error message Steam has ever created :D

As long as you have used the official Steam support thing to report the problem you should be granted a free download even if it does not work before friday.

Thats good news for everyone...
Lars from now on I only want to hear GOOD news and not again that he did not download :D...

Tnx mikkel :cool:

Siggsy said:
Well, what a difference a day makes!! :D

Started up steam and did what you said Ramon - launched game, setup new controller profile and wow, everything works. Just played for the last 30 mins and no crash/mini-dump :)

What exactly does the "-dev" do? Would this do anything to fix the issue or is it just pure luck that everything seems to work now?

Either way, I'm now a happy chappy again and can actually get round a lap now using the caterham 320, without spinning off (damn keyboard sucks) :D

Sorry for my late reply. The -dev option is no fix. This options will give the developers a more detailed minidump in case of a crash.
With the detailed dump they can and will actually try to fix issues. (Depends of course how much the impact is)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back