RACE: Caterham Expansion Released

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
SIMBIN’S RACE: CATERHAM EXPANSION PACK FREE ON STEAM FOR LIMITED TIME

Official expansion pack for SimBin’s acclaimed racing series available for limited-time, free download on Steam.

June 18, 2007 -- SimBin, a multiple award winning game studio, today announces that RACE: CATERHAM—the official expansion pack for RACE – The WTCC Game—is now available for free on Steam, a leading online platform for the distribution and management of PC games. For this week only, June 18-22, current owners of RACE can download the full version of RACE: CATERHAM for free. After the special promotion ends on June 22, the Caterham Expansion will be available for purchase on Steam (www.steampowered.com) for $4.95. RACE and the CATERHAM Expansion will be available together for $24.95.

“The decision to give away the full Caterham Expansion is our way of thanking our loyal fans,” said Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin Studios. “This limited time offer is a tribute to the entire community, many of whom have been actively playing our games since the release of our first title, GTR, in 2004.”

Celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Caterham Cars Ltd, players now have the opportunity to expand their WTCC Experience and race these exceptional classic sportscars. RACE: CATERHAM introduces a total of 60 individual new cars/car skins based on some of the most exciting models of the Caterham sports car range, including the Caterham CSR 200, CSR 260 or the CSR 320 Concept, a concept version with a grueling 320hp. Racers can run the cars on two exciting new tracks: the legendary circuit of Imola and the former GP-track of Estoril.

=================================================================================================

Go to your steam now and update it :)

If you update before 22nd of june they are free! So hurry hurry! Close your steam and re-open it! Update will start!

My first impression of the 320 Caterham: Wow! This is what drifting is about :)

Hurry up and sign up for RPM's RACE - The Caterham Tournament: click here
Or browse the big RACE forums: click here

Consider the loss of controller setup a feature... this had to be done in order for all the new features to be implemented. Yep you have to set it all up again, but in return you get complete access to tweaking everything in your contrller setup. If you look at the advanced tab of the controller setup you have new options for controlling different aspects of the FF and you also have direct access to the .plr file which is no longer encrypted.

A huge amount of people asked SimBin to allow these features, it was listened to and now you got it all. The small price to pay is that you have to re-assign you controls the way you want them. A pretty damned god trade if you ask me ;)

Steam is loaded, link is pasted. The first time I did this now, I got an error that the apge can't be found, but now it's loading... for some minutes already...
You have any idea how long it took when you did this? :)

Mikkel said:
Consider the loss of controller setup a feature... this had to be done in order for all the new features to be implemented. Yep you have to set it all up again, but in return you get complete access to tweaking everything in your contrller setup. If you look at the advanced tab of the controller setup you have new options for controlling different aspects of the FF and you also have direct access to the .plr file which is no longer encrypted.

yep, fully agree with that, makes my cheap Saitek feel like a brandnew wheel, especially the brake-shake is very impressive indeed :). So, what the heck, I guess you can do a new mapping tests included in an hour if you've played the game at any length before.

Can you launch Race with the option '-dev'. (Start Steam, Get the properties of Race, Click Set launch options..., type '-dev' (without quotes)

When you have the mini-dump, rar it and mail it to me please.

Thanks,
Ramon

Well, what a difference a day makes!! :D

Started up steam and did what you said Ramon - launched game, setup new controller profile and wow, everything works. Just played for the last 30 mins and no crash/mini-dump :)

What exactly does the "-dev" do? Would this do anything to fix the issue or is it just pure luck that everything seems to work now?

Either way, I'm now a happy chappy again and can actually get round a lap now using the caterham 320, without spinning off (damn keyboard sucks) :D

• Lars Gerrit Korb

This is getting me mad.
Still no cats here around...
But I think I will either pay it or simply skip it.
(lacking of time anyway ;))

Greetz

Lars post a very detailed walkthrough of what you have done and what error messags you get etc. Step by step by step, then if we figure out a solution it should help other as well. If you don't get it for free I'm gonna eat my Chevy :D

I hope Siggsy will post precisely what he did to make it work.

I just may have found a solution for the ones who can't get the Cats working...
Run steam on a different PC, download and install the cats there. When done, return to your normal PC, and run steam (close the other steam when you go away). Normally the pack should be in the games list, and just needs to be downloaded :)

• Lars Gerrit Korb

Mikkel,

as I described:

- i started steam
- it updated automaticly and instantly Race (but only to a newer version, not the cat-ex)
- the "get-it-now"-window popped up simultaniously and i clicked on the button to download it after the update of RACE finished
- i read and confirmed the license-stuff
- it starts to download, stops after 2 secs and tells me:
"Double-registration. This update already has been installed to your computer."

Thats all.
No cats in the game.

Greetz

• Lars Gerrit Korb

Oh, and I surely won't fiddle in my BIOS, the main game data or somewhere else
just in order to make a 5-bucks extension running.

Either it works instantly or it doesn't.
So, if there is no cheap trick or i am just too silly to make it right,
it looks i will miss this add on.

Could be worse, I guess.

Greetz

• Hackett

Apparently the "Cat" add-on is FREE! and auto-update is currently installing as we speak.

Looks like I get the Cats, whether I want them or not... LOL!!!

Just hope it's not some timed free package. The news blurb says until June 22nd. After that you pay $4.95 for the add-on or $24.95 for RACE+ Add-on.

Brad.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing