Race #4, Bahrain: Post-Race Discussion

Sorry for that, I guess another incident I will get blamed for, but Disley braked too early so I took evasive action clipped the car on the left and got spun around.
part from the fact that its a lie after studying the replays youve just sold your integrity to in my opinion.
Do you already have a seat for next year Mirelli? Maybe Naked GP is something for you? as a testdriver obviously ^_^
Seriously how can you blame someone else for the fact that you lost the car yourself and created this pile of cars in turn 1? please explain

Chris De Jong you are the biggest liar I had seen in the online world and I really don't like liars. You have 0 sense of humor and no sense of integrity. As for a few others who keep saying I don't see my fault, I exactly see which part was my fault and which wasn't. In case of china my fault was the cause of the incident yes, because like I said before I misjudged the distance from my nose to the curb, and thought I was blocking the inside line, as for the fact he crashed into me with the speed he did, maybe if he slowed down he would have time to avoid me or crashed into me at 40km/h he wouldn't have to retire. Thus he also had some fault not slowing down and must pay his own price for his DNF. As for Bahrain I am done with that, I agreed that braking would be the better decision in that case, I don't see why it's so hard to see that I agree with the penalty for Bahrain? Did I ever protest anything about Bahrain? NO. Just said that initial cause of the incident wasn't because I lost control, but because another driver didn't simply take it easy but, totally braked early and the ping worsened the effect.

The point is: For every mistake you made you have a big BUT. The word "agree" and "but" simply doesnt fit together ;)
There is always a but of course, ask any F1 driver there will always be different things in the details. There is usually always a second part to everything. The china incident was a 2 part thing as well as the Bahrain incident had a first part and a second part. Some incident have 1 part and even then there is a BUT. Always there is some explanation for an incident to blame the car, or tires or other things, that's how F1 goes. Have u ever seen an F1 driver take 100% blame for an incident and not say BUT? Just because I take primary blame doesn't mean I don't see any secondaries, on the other hand it means I correctly analyze the situation, and any correct analysis at the end will mean the driver learned from it. From China, I learned that a stationary car nose seems closer to the front but in reality is further, from Bahrain I learned that when the car is in such position as it was it is better to brake rather than roll, but also from China I learned some things I already knew, that if I am ever in such position as the other driver was, it is always better to take caution slow down and get ready to stop if the stopped car makes a misjudgment and moves. In bahrain 2 things which I already knew: a) when approaching the braking zone if it is safe then better to switch lines and not follow a car too closely. b) in position of the other car, better not to hit the brakes like that, instead release the throttle, pressurize the brake and get ready for early braking.

It was a split second I checked the distance board to the left to see we were approaching the 150 mark, and when looking forward... was too late.

Now how can you argue with all this? What is it here that proves I have trouble learning? Name 1 thing. Instead when I see some drivers not agreeing to this, it proves that they are not willing to learn, hence so many incidents every race here for not just me. Like I said last 23 races 2 penalties were my fault, both in FSR. Lets all be real and I call Disley to come here and answer this question: Did you really "Take it easy" or did you misjudge the distance board and the braking point?

As for the FSR commentators, start learning from the real ones who always try to make a reason for a driver error not to discredit that driver. I have seen so many stupid errors from real F1 drivers and the commentators always try to blame other things and bring some other details which may have been the reason. Because it's better for the sport. So start learning.

When a driver failed to brake while rolling I have often heard, his brakes must have failed! but guess what, it is not what happened :) Drivers often choose to go with inertia rather than stop on track.

People need to stop being so childish.

Last edited:
I think emergency braking is better than dodging. By dodging you won't slow your car down enough, linear speed is a function between angle speed and yaw, when you dodge you transfer your linear speed to angle speed and when go back you have linear speed restored to full. I always emergency brake when **** happens ahead and only then try to dodge. Not always works though, but safer for me, because if you crash to someone that will mean less impact speed, therefore less damage.

At least childs can learn from their own mistakes, you just seem don't want to learn/blame the others.

I still remember when in China you were running "an almost default set up", now whats the excuse for your pace? :)

Wow, The amount of trolling here is immense, like 50% of the ppl in this league? It makes me question the legitimacy of such league with so many trolls. Usually when u see such behavior and trolling on the forum, it is very likely this trolling is happening in the game too if ya know what I mean :) and it's not too hard to troll the game either for people with such attitudes, because all they need to do is have this attitude. My attitude for example and approach is the only thing stopping me and nothing else. So If I were some of u fast guys right now, I'd not want to raise this suspicion with such childish behavior and attitude on the forum, that I am forced to mention every other post.

I was very close to top 10 and if the race went without the incident I think top 10 was possible, so I am not going to make any excuses. I fell .2 shy and were unable to do the final Q lap due to time. I also did not know about parc ferme being dropped for this race.[

I backed off because I think there was 3 wide in front and also a car beside me. When you are as close as I was, right on the gearbox 0.1sec behind, you can't "react"... and since I couldn't go beside them[3 wide already], I had to back off, then when they brake, I can react.

Not too much to do with ping, brakes were fine, maybe cold tyres but the main thing, was to create a gap, and react. Thats what I did.

Maybe that was wrong according to Vlad and Laurent, or maybe I should have backed off a little bit less[I think I lost 40km/hr] or backed off at 140m or 150m instead of 160m.

But at some point I did have to back off otherwise if they brake earlier then when I think they do I can't react and might hit them.

I backed off because I think there was 3 wide in front and also a car beside me. When you are as close as I was, right on the gearbox 0.1sec behind, you can't "react"... and since I couldn't go beside them[3 wide already], I had to back off, then when they brake, I can react.

Not too much to do with ping, brakes were fine, maybe cold tyres but the main thing, was to create a gap, and react. Thats what I did.

Maybe that was wrong according to Vlad and Laurent, or maybe I should have backed off a little bit less[I think I lost 40km/hr] or backed off at 140m or 150m instead of 160m.

But at some point I did have to back off otherwise if they brake earlier then when I think they do I can't react and might hit them.
On my replay this seemed like very hard braking, so maybe ping made the difference compared to what u actually did. Either way, it was never investigated. I don't really care, I never asked to investigate it. I don't protest such things even if u did brake harder.

Regarding the rules I read them all 100%, just for some reason, thought that parc ferme applied to cars who move forward to Q2.

You had no reason to protest Blair ;) Always the guy at the back is at fault. You have to make sure, that you`re prepared to react instantly if the guy in front of you brake. Either by reducing speed early enough or by changing line.

PS: There is absolutly NO "if" in motorsports... You made a mistake by your own which destroyed your(and others) race.
And this community is not about trolling, but we dont like people comming here, thinking they can race with the very best in WC and than try to teach people, who are driving here for over 10 years in this league. New Guys should show some respect before they get some respect back...

You had no reason to protest Blair ;) Always the guy at the back is at fault. You have to make sure, that you`re prepared to react instantly if the guy in front of you brake. Either by reducing speed early enough or by changing line.

PS: There is absolutly NO "if" in motorsports... You made a mistake by your own which destroyed your(and others) race.
And this community is not about trolling, but we dont like people comming here, thinking they can race with the very best in WC and than try to teach people, who are driving here for over 10 years in this league. New Guys should show some respect before they get some respect back...

Somewhat agree, but also this is not city driving. In the city car behind is always at fault, but in F1 there could be cases, even in braking situations, if proven that the other driver had made a big error by braking too hard and too early that driver will bare fault for a racing mistake. In tis case I did not protest Blair, because based on my replay I clearly saw some traces of ping problem which may have played a bigger role than the actual braking. I would never blame a driver for having high ping, unless it becomes completely impossible to drive behind such driver.

As for respect, everyone needs to earn it not only because they were racing here or there, but based on track and off track attitudes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back