Race #4, Bahrain: Post-Race Discussion

Sorry for that, I guess another incident I will get blamed for, but Disley braked too early so I took evasive action and lost control. Actually barely clipped another car after evading and thats why the spin happened.
You have to prepare to brake early if you behind someone especially in the first lap.
After you spun did you brake? I watchin my video and did not see any locking wheels on your car.

Last edited:
You have to prepare to brake early if you behind someone especially in the first lap.
After you spun did you brake? I watchin my video and did not see any locking wheels on your car.
Well I did brake but if u look from my car it seemed like I was still going to hit Disley because that braking was really early by him and he released the pedal too late too, so I also took evasive action and clipped the car on the left, the clip caused the spin not braking error like commentators said. I was then able to straighten the car going backwards lol, and infront of me saw Greco who hasn't yet been touched and so just tried to roll off the track away from him, then collected Patrick? Like I said it seems I have no luck here, last week with this same mod, I was able to pull a pass from 2nd to 1st off the start in Monaco cleanly in 1st corner there. You can dispute me if you like, but then it will be my last race here this season cause definitly no luck.

Last edited:
you didn't just collect patrik, you collected Patrik, Leitner, myself and a couple of other drivers. 1) you don't brake that late going into t1, if you are losing the rear braking for t1 you really need to look at your driving. 2) once you had spun, you didn't even touch the brakes, went over the apex and clean everyone out. I notice you have 1.25 sr... that won't last long. Not happy as had made a very good start and race pace was good.

I got to know that I have to race 45 mins before the race so that was a good experience to be on the same track with all those guys. Race was ok in the start having a clean battle with David, had a small spin that costed me 5 secs but after that all my pit stops were 8 seconds so I couldn't really do much losing 4 seconds every single stint. Gratz to the podium.

you didn't just collect patrik, you collected Patrik, Leitner, myself and a couple of other drivers. 1) you don't brake that late going into t1, if you are losing the rear braking for t1 you really need to look at your driving. 2) once you had spun, you didn't even touch the brakes, went over the apex and clean everyone out. I notice you have 1.25 sr... that won't last long. Not happy as had made a very good start and race pace was good.
Only difference is I did not lose the rear, I also thought first that I lost my rear but if u look closely what happened I clipped my front left against the rear right of a car on my left and that is why the car lost control. already explained that earlier. As for part 2 ur right but I don't even remember rolling backwards like that in the last 4 years, excuse me for the lack of experience rolling backwards. That's all I can say. I think u should have the same comments for Disley too, how long does it take to realize early braking? Or maybe it's the server making it seem long? My replay has out of sync cars everywhere.......

Epic fail. I'm outta here, see you in Montreal.

Attachments

• GRAB_001.JPG
    GRAB_001.JPG
    417.3 KB · Views: 341
From my point of view, Vlademir is not guilty in this crash. He avoided Disley by changing his lane while braking, which makes the car unstable causing the spin. Once he lost the car within the pack of drivers, contact couldn't be avoided.

This brings me to another point I noted when driving this mod. It seems the brakes become very sensitive at the end of the braking phase. It's like the front brakes are loosing braking power, shifting the brake balance to the rear. Any lane changing manouvre causes the car to be upset, and eventually spin out.
Note that this issue can be due to the setup I used.

Thanks for support Laurent ;) ,but again a small correction, my replay shows a clear touch with a car on the left which caused the spin not a braking error :(

I didn't see your reply before. From the replay it was unclear to see if there was contact or not. Since you tell there was contact, you couldn't really avoid the collisions after it.
By the way, applying the brakes would have stopped your car in the middle of the track. This would have caused a larger crash in my opinion.

I didn't see your reply before. From the replay it was unclear to see if there was contact or not. Since you tell there was contact, you couldn't really avoid the collisions after it.
By the way, applying the brakes would have stopped your car in the middle of the track. This would have caused a larger crash in my opinion.
There was contact before the spin, then there was another small contact and then my car just rolled back. Possibly if I used brakes while rolling back and locked up, what u say might have actually happened. So that is why I chose to roll off track.

So Vladimer, you saying that it might caused bigger crash, if you stop or try to brake on a place where everybody is braking and double cautious because of crashing, than not braking and rolling into the braking field?
Why?

This brings me to another point I noted when driving this mod. It seems the brakes become very sensitive at the end of the braking phase. It's like the front brakes are loosing braking power, shifting the brake balance to the rear. Any lane changing manouvre causes the car to be upset, and eventually spin out.

I'm sure it's because the optimal brake temperature in mod is defined between around 400 up to 1000. After that brakes fade linearly up to 1590 at which point brake power is halved. Last year optimal range ended at 680 so brakes started fading sooner but smoother. This also explains why we don't have the brake duct issues as much this year, although I don't know what is more realistic.

Just one comment regarding my race, I had podium chance but blew it behind Greco, next chance probably in 2050 :\.

I'm sure it's because the optimal brake temperature in mod is defined between around 400 up to 1000. After that brakes fade linearly up to 1590 at which point brake power is halved. Last year optimal range ended at 680 so brakes started fading sooner but smoother. This also explains why we don't have the brake duct issues as much this year, although I don't know what is more realistic.

Just one comment regarding my race, I had podium chance but blew it behind Greco, next chance probably in 2050 :\.

Wish I could rate funny and optimistic at the same time. :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years