RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

First FF race, so much fun to drive! Qualified 8th, got up to 3rd thanks to people going off ahead of me, then defended heavily for the first 10-11 laps from Stuart, really good clean fun, then he went off and I had a quiet end to the race.

Second race I got a tap from behind (I think from Marius as he waited for me, so no worries there!) then was pushing too hard out of the last corner and took my front left wheel off.

Thanks guys!

had a good first race, was great fun trying to get past nik. in the end i think i was too hard on the tyres and lost pace towards the end. the 2nd race was one to forget, ended up getting beached on the 1st lap coming out of turn 3.

overall i really enjoyed my first RD club night, makes a nice change from rfactor. i will be back for some more.

Elbows out at 42:50! I wasn't giving up there! Poor pit-stop at 46:20 will haunt me for a while though- 1st to 4th can't be good?!

Fightback starts at 53:50, and the last few laps i'd caught Dino and we had a great battle there. Interesting race, thanks Yves for posting this, must've taken you ages to upload!

Hehe, bit brave, joining a race with so little practice. :p I think I know what you mean about the trackside options though. I had a similar problem at Hockenheim where it wasn't showing the distance signs at each corner. Like rFactor, there seems to be a "Circuit Detail" option which they forgot to put in the menu. So what I'd suggest you do is change to the highest quality graphics preset there is, then move the other individual options back to where you had them. Worked for me. :)

I'll have to remember the TS thing though. I've got to be honest, as I don't own GSC, I felt I had no right being in the channel. :p

Other than lots of people leaving, really enjoyed both races.
Good fights with Mr Flower and Mr hunter in both races, very fair with both. Proud to have raced with you guys
Mikhail Naebalov, don't worry about the clip, I had a bad exit, you tried to get round but didn't have space, so don't worry about it dude (you reminded me of Alonso last year :D)

Terrible race, I could not get how to make sector 2 competitively (I was losing about 2 seconds there compared to everybody). Qualified last, 1.5 seconds behind the next slowest, prf.

So, I just trained driving many laps keeping concentration, I managed to make only 2 mistakes on R1 and none in R2, so in that sense it was nice. Also trained my blue flag courtesies, many many times.

Boring today, I hope the next circuit suits me better.

Qualified 3rd. Put WAY too much downforce on the car, but that did mean I flew through the Porsche Curves!

Race 1: Had an OKish start, lost a place, was battling with Andreas Loffler, Dmytry Igolkin and Patrick Wuyts, nearly T-boned Dmytry after losing it under braking into Mulsanne Corner! Couldn't get past him because of the huge straight line speed he had compared to my quite high downforce setup, and when I did catch up, it was coming out of the Porsche Curves, and nowhere to pass there! Lost a place to Patrick Wuyts, then made a mistake into the second chicane and accidentally punted him off. Didn't realise I'd done it until I saw the replay, apologies Patrick. Made a mistake coming out of Arnage and lost my front splitter, pitted and came out 14th. Went to pass Phillip Brown coming out of the Porsche Curves and I seem to have clipped him and pushed him off track, apologies Phillip. Finished 13th, but seems undeserved.

Race 2: Started 13th, got a good start, got involved in an incident with Liam Fassam at the first corner, but got away unscathed. Was up to 5th, but at the second chicane, I braked too late and spun. Was 12th behind Francisco Viterbo, gave him a couple of budges in the Porsche Curves, he did go off once but I did wait for him. Apologies Francisco. Fought my way up the field, tried to pass Andy Breedon into Indianapolis, was level with him going into the corner, if not ahead, took the racing line but maybe he did not see me there and we touched, and Andy went off. Again, hadn't realised I had done it until I saw the replay, so apologies to Andy. Was 6th when I caught a couple of Chevys. I punted Patrick Wuyts off at Indianapolis but waited for him (apologies Patrick). Finished 5th after pipping a Chevy on the line.

All in all, a disappointing event for me, for getting involved in so many incidents. I would've stopped at all of them if I had realised they had happened. I joined RD to enjoy some fun racing in a professional environment, and the rules are there to keep it that way. If I have broken the rules in any way I, along with anyone else who has broken the rules, should be reported and appropriately punished by RD. It's the only way to keep it fair.

Liam Fassam said:
it was rather fummy Jim!

Does your boom mike move? I move mine out of the way to avoid that happening
Hi Liam, Yes my mike will move out of the way but I do have it right up against my mouth because I'm 5 feet from my loud furnace but when i was online yesterday and was talking with somebody they said they could not hear my furnace when it started up and they did'nt hear my breathing.So I was happy.I don't get on TS much.I'm guessing I'll just do the "push to talk" way.The other issue I had was since I had to make a new profile which I haven't done in 2 years in just a few minutes and the sim sound was way to loud for me to hear TS. I thought I heard the name Jim once in a while but since there was nobody around me I thought they were talking about another "Jim".
But anyway I had fun. I hope to get the bugs out of TS setup and adjust my sound so I can hear you guys.

It was distracting Jim but Liam is right when he said it was funny. Kicking you from team speak was not the only reason I quit the race. You gotta admit this is rather funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes