RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Fair enough then that an apology was made to Liam, that changes things significantly (not being sarcastic here!).

The apology I believe you had / should of had was not lap 1 but lap 2 I think. He'd just miss judged the braking point by a long way, which I had been doing until about lap 35 when I finally had it nailed.
I retract my statements regarding the braking zone and swerving across the track and offer apologies to both drivers. I don't really know what happened or the reasons for the actions of either party.

Actually, I see what you mean now, Andy. A track map in replays would certainly be useful, leave me looking a lot less silly. :p

Replay of R1

391 - Dave Flower cuts turn 2. Looks like an honest mistake to me, although possibly worth an advantage.
638 - Dave Flower misses turn 2 again. Long, black tire marks on the road, then across the sand. Does lightning strike in the same place twice? Either way, he certainly didn't get an advantage this time, as the gap between Andy and Dave opened up further.
889 - Dave Flower misses turn 2 again.
1674 - Dave Flower misses turn 2 again.

And that's just one corner. What went wrong, Dave? :confused:

512 - Incidents like this is what I mean about being on tilt. It looks like a mistake made by a frustrated person pushing their luck. Especially as you spin another 360 degrees before carrying on.

LoL Marcus - your right had a terrible race - downloaded the track at after 7pm, installed it then went out to the shop for a Kebab and some spicy roast potatoes - got home ate that and joined qualy with about 7 minutes - used a setup for Nordscliffe to get less than two laps in. Then during warm up got a setup over teamspeak so I joined the race with less than two laps on a new setup, with a track that for some reason was not showing any trackside stuff (hard to pick braking points when you cant see any!) - dont think I got in anyones way, definitely didn't gain anything from losing it numerous times and finished way behind!! Thats my resons for making such a hash of my race.

Anyway if I did offend or cause anyone problems then please feel free to point my mistakes out, I'll be first to hold my hands up if I am in the wrong.

Marcus - saw you down there in the Race07 channel but joined the regulars who were in the server but in the wrong TS channel and we had a great time - meant to drop down and say hi but forgot due to being pushed for time, sorry m8, will make sure I say Hi next time I see you.

Andy - if you have a problem with me please feel free to PM me and make a report to Admin - like I said if I'm in the wrong I'll hold up my hands and take penalties as dished out by admin. Please though Andy, wether its me or anyone else you have an issue with, don't bring such negativity to the forums, its not the way of RD. I appreciate you may feel aggreived but in the same way as we have rules about on track behaviour, we also have rules for behavior and tone on the forums - and remember what happens in server stays on our machines - what happens on the forums stays there for the world to see and when thats tit for tat negative vindictive posts its hardly going to make potential new members feel like joining in with us, is it?

Summary:
  • Mark has apologised to Liam for knocking him off at Parabolica on Lap 1. The incident in question caused Mark to go off circuit as well as Liam but Mark should have given the place back and has apologised for not doing so.
  • Marks second incident (lap2 turn 1) was not Marks fault. The other driver moved across on Mark in the brake zone. The car in question had already hit Mark twice so Mark was in no mood to get squeezed and so held his line (and may have moved very slightly without realising). The result was contact and a black flag for the other car. The other car then weaved on the Curve Grand and Mark kept his line. There was contact again and the other car spun. This was scary for the people behind and it may have looked like Mark did a bump pass. It just goes to show that appearances can be deceptive.
  • I did not intend to cause any controversy regarding the my video of Lex taking the lead. It was a turning point of the race is all; I wasn't making a big deal about it, or at least I did not intend to. There was no reason for me to do an incident report but I accept that I should not have posted the video. I think RD admin wish to accentuate the positive and I guess I should do more of that when I post video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes