Race #05, Canada: Post-Race Discussion

See for yourself... Yes I should have given Morgan more space, I wasn't aware that there was such small space left. But it is only minimal contact, and to crash from such small contact is quite an achievement.

Had 2 races in a month space and 2 different people manage to roll over my formula, less powerfull, car with no tire in the grass with less contact than that. Sorry Bono but that was just a shitty excuse.

Im realy amazed that Bono and Ondrej go this low to try and convince everyone that it was actualy Morgans fault what happend here. Based on last years verdicts when people got taken out or sqeezed we know what will happen and i know you feel a protest upcomming so will see what the judges will decided.

Since you guys dont get in this situations a lot you probably dont know how this stupid car behaves when you put it on the grass and get touched it can unsettle te car badly. Do you think Morgan bins the car for fun or what.

As for you 2 , ha i totaly lost my respect for you seriously no matter how much championships you take lol. You will never match the likes of Roy Kolbe or Bruno Marques, because those guys had personality and where gentlemens wich you guys clearly not and never will be:O_o:

Let me ask this, if it was the other way around, it would have been chaos here right based on how things went last year. Anyway will see what the judges think.:roflmao:

"Why did Morand steer into Bono in that final incident? Every somewhat experienced driver would stay on his line, ideally lift and get back on the track with all 4 wheels, but not make a very sharp right turn into Bono, clearly seeing Bono there."
That wheel movement was already correcting the car. The way that the car reacts is sometimes reeeaallly weird.
The squeeze reminds me of last years Morgan vs Rietveld at Monza....
There was a clean nice big gap on the left side, it was obvious solution to pass there for Morgan.

Where did I say that Morand was at fault?

Where do i say that i directly said that you said that.:O_o:

Indirectly you guys are saying, what i just said wich means what im thinking and im sure many others thinks the same way lol. I hope you understand what im trying to say, but then again no idea what to expect from you. I gues i did hit the nail now right.:O_o:

Bah, how does one start to write something on this subject?

Let’s take fact and common sense. Turn one. Huis attempts a move around the outside that is totally legit, light contact is made but Morand still has the inside curbing and space. Due to the speed Morand is naturally carrying both are pushed out wide and Huis has to recover where contact is inevitable. Remember also there was a 15kph speed difference so Huis is naturally going to be better and later on the brakes. That contact there really cannot be stopped as Huis goes in to instinctive recovery mode. That is a purely racing incident.

Final corner incident. De Wit is trying to un lap himself, he is totally entitled to do this but to do in a way that comprises first and second place has to be questioned. Patrick I am admirer of yours and your speed but it could have been avoided.

The other side of that is that way back in the hairpin, Huis could have released De Wit there and let him just scamper off. Logic would dictate that he did that to protect the buffer between himself and Morand.

Once in the final corner, it is clear to see Huis has power oversteer as the rear of the car completely steps out on him. At this point he has De Wit on the right and a fast approaching Morand on the left. Spatial awareness goes at this point but Huis should have held line and not moved across in to Morand.

Finally Morand trying to correct the car over the grass looks questionable at best; even with this mod you can control a car significantly better than that over grass. Now I am not sure if he was trying to simply get back on track or still trying to make a pass on Huis, either way back down the throttle and that would never have even occurred.

To give Huis or Morand a penalty would be harsh here as both of them are battling a back- marker in reality rather than each other. The real battle between them was not even allowed to be played out. Both Scott and I called it on the broadcast that it all stemmed from De Wit which as I said above could have been avoided at the hairpin if Huis just let him go.

We need to improve this kind of overtakes :D

tumblr_mj2rhweXnc1s2yegdo1_400.gif

For the first incident I think the reason Morand got wide into Bono was because the latter smashed Morand's front half and caused oversteer, so effectively, lost of lateral grip and the need for steering correction, and as such, wide exit. Then Bono keeps it flat and again side-swipes Morand. Not very good looking I must say, if there actually was open wheeler physics at work their race was done right there, oh well.

Second incident, well personally I wouldn`t have gone three wide there, but since it happened, Bono clearly squeezed Morand hard, and as for the lost of control, well I don't have experience with this mod so I wouldn't know how it reacts... I'll reserve my judgement there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back