Race #05, Canada: Post-Race Discussion

Just to be clear, on my screen I finished the race, without any lag or disconnection. I kept driving after the finish for about 2 minutes, the inlap, before pressing ESC and leaving the server. I had no idea something was wrong.

Checked my replay and it confirms that I finished lap 70. No one disappeared on my screen either so yea, no idea what happened.

Q1 - Did well after not much testing and managed to 5th
Q2 - Was a little bit nervious in this lap and did cuple of mistakes and decided to get in the pit.

Race - Made good start, better than guys front me and in the same time was very coutious to not touch someone, but others around me were insolent and arrogant and I had to lift the gas to not make some incident because of others... I was choice to start with Hard Tires, but for my surprise everyone around me was with the Soft compound, and I had to defence my position every lap. In lap 3, at the hairpin in S3 (don't know the corner's name) was going defence, but Moises has stopped a little bit later than me and hitted me behind. I lost rear wing and after 25 secs in the pit i understood this race is over for me. Tried to continue the race, but the car wasn't how I was setup it and I did 1 more mistake where i lost front wing and after that decided to retire.

After good start of the season, destiny comes back and takes something to be equal good and bad. That is my explanation for scoring 1 point last 3 races. I hope from next races to start managing only good results. :D

Regarding Bono's last lap issue:

After considering all the facts, checking information from Huis' logs and discussing the subject for quite a while with ISR Club Board members, the decision has been made to move Bono Huis in to P1 for the WC Canadian GP from the 11th place that the server originally registered for him.

For anyone not aware of the situation:

Lap 70 Sector 2 cut off beam - Huis is approximately 32s in front of Puschke.

Lap 70 final chicane approach - Huis gets a lag spike, causing his car to behave strangely and stop moving

Lap 70 final chicane exit - Huis' car reappears and is heading towards the finishline and is only meters from it when he experiences another lag spike, causing his car to not register going over the finishline.

Cooldown lap T4 - Huis' car reappears and he drives back to the pits, experiencing some more lag along the way.

Cooldown lap pit entrance - Huis experiences a fatal amount of lag, resulting in a proper disconnection from the server

If Huis is in the race I should be 10th, me and Cabo crossed the line in the back of him when he finished. In that moment I was in front of Cabo and race should finish for us because we were 1 lap down. After because of Huis "fake" lap he overtook me but we finished 1 lap before and we continued only for Bono problem.
I see in Gpcos i am 11th, that is wrong.

I'm sorry but I just want to say on behalf of Morand that as far as I could see from the broadcast, which I will admit was reasonably laggy, there was no reason for Huis to squeeze Morand as much as he did. De Wit was on the far right side of the track exiting the chicane and left enough room for Huis to not have to squeeze Morand off the track.

They are completely different cases. Bono clearly crossed the line from his point and was still on track after the finish.
They arent completely different cases. Franz was clearly driving on the road when all the sudden duo a game error he did not finish the race. Im not saying bono should have his victory taken away from him because of the lag spike, there are more urgent reasons why his victory should be taken away if you ask me.

See for yourself... Yes I should have given Morgan more space, I wasn't aware that there was such small space left. But it is only minimal contact, and to crash from such small contact is quite an achievement.

Seeing this video seems that maybe Morand could handle better the control of the car, but we do not know what he felt in his wheel and how the fantastic collision system worked this time, and the contact was not his fault.

They arent completely different cases. Franz was clearly driving on the road when all the sudden duo a game error he did not finish the race. Im not saying bono should have his victory taken away from him because of the lag spike, there are more urgent reasons why his victory should be taken away if you ask me.

Yes they are. Franz was out of the race. Bono wasn't. You can't classify a driver who was out of the race.

By the way, with your first post, you was referring to the lag as it was after the announcement that Bono won the race although not correctly classified so don't try to say otherwise. If you was referring to the incident, then that is stupid as that has even less connection to the Franz incident and as the post race checks haven't been up yet would be a pointless thing to say.

I like seeing that only incidents where Huis is the bad guy is posted
Meaning that Morgan had his "squeezing out" moments as well, clearly indeed!

And the fatal incident just clearly shows someone was way to feverish to stay on throttle and get in front, when thats done on less grippy surface as grass for exacmple, cars usually spins.. Indeed Morgan were forced wide, but not more than himself did earlier, and the fatal part of the incident was to much speedopedal on the wroooong place!

imo "someone" should have went off speedopedal and tugged in behind, and easy made the overtake another place after than raving moroon de wit was gone!

This last video just seems like Morand again way to feverish try to deffend and looses his car into the side of Huis.

I like seeing that only incidents where Huis is the bad guy is posted
Meaning that Morgan had his "squeezing out" moments as well, clearly indeed!

And the fatal incident just clearly shows someone was way to feverish to stay on throttle and get in front, when thats done on less grippy surface as grass for exacmple, cars usually spins.. Indeed Morgan were forced wide, but not more than himself did earlier, and the fatal part of the incident was to much speedopedal on the wroooong place!

imo "someone" should have went off speedopedal and tugged in behind, and easy made the overtake another place after than raving moroon de wit was gone!

This last video just seems like Morand again way to feverish try to deffend and looses his car into the side of Huis.

Ironic that your account was created only 9 minutes ago and that you are against Morgan for rather stupid reasons...

Welcome back to the forum Martin :)

I didn't want to get **** flying but there is an important question to be asked. Why did Morand steer into Bono in that final incident? Every somewhat experienced driver would stay on his line, ideally lift and get back on the track with all 4 wheels, but not make a very sharp right turn into Bono, clearly seeing Bono there. It is obvious Bono didn't leave enough space and nobody denies that but it looks like someone raged a bit too hard, attempted to get some revenge by hitting Bono's rear and then rage quitting the race and giving up a possible podium finish. So yea interesting.

Revenge or trying not hitting the wall?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back