R3E Pricing, discounts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've noticed that some feel the pricing in R3E is a bit confusing, so I'm gonna try do my best to make it easier to understand here while also giving some tips on how to save a dollar or two in the process.

First off, you don't need to start the game to access the store, you can access the store and your account from here; http://game.raceroom.com

Hit the Store button at the top and then you can find the content just below under tha Cars, Tracks and Packs links.

I highly recommend to look at buying packs as these give you a big discount on the content compared to buying each car and track seperately! If you already own pieces of the content in a pack, you'll get further discount for what you own. Here's how you can tell;

1. Hover your mouse over the huge yellow discount bubble.
  2. A popup tells you the total price, pack price, discount for owned content and all discount.
  3. Once you add content to the cart it will open on the right hand side, here you can see another type of discount you get, bulk discount, this discount increases in % the more you add (read on for a good tip on how to save money though!!).
R3E pricing.png

So as you can see, just by hitting the store and adding something to the cart you can get a clear view of how much this content will set you back in cold hard cash!

But wait, theres more!
You can save more money by purchasing vRP vouchers from this store;
http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

If we look at the price in the screenshot above, this will cost you 1698 vRP, which means €16,13 after bulk discount.
But you can buy a 2000vRP voucher from the above URL for €16,99, that way you'll have 302 vRP left over after buying the pack that you can use to buy another piece of content!
And the more you buy the cheaper it gets ofc. :)
After purchasing you'll get an email with a code that you can redeem in the store by clicking the vRP button next to your profile pic and choosing Redeem Code;
redeem.png

Lastly, that store is the official Raceroom store so it is fully legal and trustworthy.

So, in short, the TLDR version:
The WTCC packs are pretty good buys if you plan on joining our Club Racing as we will be doing lots of these.

Note that as of the time of writing this you can accidently pay too much if you for instance add both the WTCC 2013 pack and the European Track Pack to the store, you will not get discount for the tracks that both packs contain. For the time beeing you are better off just buying one pack, then add the next to the cart, once you own the tracks you should get credited with the discount.
If you have accidently bought this I urge you to contact Sector 3 over at their forums;
https://forum.sector3studios.com/

I just checked - as I have most of the content already, just missing new content that has been launched after I left R3E, the full pack price is somewhere in the 45 EUR range direct sale.

I can buy the same content jumping through the rVP loops and pay ~12 EUR less !

So this is always worth checking out! Thanks for sharing guys! Nobody should buy anything from R3E directly.

Hi guys,

My first post on this forum so here it goes:

I read the whole thread and as far as I understand the sales are made on vRP in game and NOT on the prices in this store https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24 which stay all the time the same (e.g. 16.99 EUR for 2000 points).

If that is the case, I am thinking of buying some points now, spend some on the content that I really want immediately and wait for the sale (Black Friday probably?) to spend the rest.

Is this a good idea?

Thanks.

Since you get a discount when buying from the store linked in your op, you then get a redeem code which you enter in the actual store in game, you are effectively getting an extra discount.
Since black Friday is coming up probably worth waiting for.

Yes it is a good idea.
As you said you first change your real money into the raceroom credits, get more out of it and then you buy actual things with them instead of real money.
The sales are only in the actual store. Both, the real money and the credits price tags will be lower (for the same amount, like "-25%").

So step one: buy credits whenever you want to

Step two: buy things. Preferably in a sale

Step 3: read about in which combination you get your favourite content the cheapest. Like buying a basic pack + a track pack + 2 cars. Or a bigger Base pack + a car pack + 2 tracks.

You always get a package discount, to race online you only need the car you wanna drive, and there are often "single sales".

I'm not that interested in all the liveries so I always look for combinations that give me the most different content and the fewest liveries.

Another thing to have in mind is that when you buy a few tracks of a track pack for example, the track pack will get cheaper. The good thing here is that your basket actually calculates it. So you can put the combination you think of into it, see the final price and then swap it for another combination and see if it's getting cheaper or not :)

Does anybody have an idea when the Porsche GT3 will make it's way to the game?
Just got the full package but have the GTR3 pack still left...
Since single car would be 3x ~4€ and the pack only ~4.30€ I thought about waiting for the Porsche to get all 4 then! :p

Should come 2017, right?

Does anybody have an idea when the Porsche GT3 will make it's way to the game?
Just got the full package but have the GTR3 pack still left...
Since single car would be 3x ~4€ and the pack only ~4.30€ I thought about waiting for the Porsche to get all 4 then! :p

Should come 2017, right?
They've said by the end of this year and I would think they won't want to mess about with the Porsche license so probably safe to wait a couple of weeks.

Guess I'll wait then for the gt3. There won't come more than one Porsche gt3 I guess :cautious::roflmao:
If it doesn't come this year, I'll buy the pack...

Now I need to keep my hands busy with the other cars or other Sims... This amg gt3 is teasing me like hell though :inlove:

Guess I'll wait then for the gt3. There won't come more than one Porsche gt3 I guess :cautious::roflmao:
If it doesn't come this year, I'll buy the pack...

Now I need to keep my hands busy with the other cars or other Sims... This amg gt3 is teasing me like hell though :inlove:
The new AMG GT3 is fantastic (my preferred choice now in R3E).
The new triple screen implementation is perfect and the handling of the new GT3 cars is quite an improvement.

BUT, if you run Assetto Corsa the very only single thing that might be worth not waiting for the Porsche to be released is certain tracks acailable in R3E that are not available for Assetto Corsa.

I bought the GT3 pack already as I just enjoy the odd track day on my home track (there are a few Shanghai International Circuit mods available but they are nowhere near as close to the real thing as the R3E track).

If you have no need for any of those tracks, wait it out, enjoy the AMG GT3 in Assetto Corsa (which lacks absolutely nothing to the R3E version and if any, it has a more detailed 3D model).

But then again, the three new GT3 cars in R3E have cost me only the equivalent of a coffee and a cookie at the local coffee shop, sooooo ....
Oh, did I mention that the sounds in R3E are still without competition of ANY of the current top sims?

And another interesting point: The AMG GT3 for rF2 is VERY sweet as well and rF2 provides an actual true feature over any other sim (PC2 doesnt count as it is garbage btw): day and night cycles and soon to have better rain effects as well.

I find the current Assetto Corsa AI also a bit more “human” than the R3E AI - in AC the AI drives less “on rails” and engages in more realistic fights for position while I find the R3E AI not as challenging and it will have contact with your car when it shouldn’t

;-)

Yes, what I meant was - you will not regret buying the GT3 pack for the AMG GT3 now, should you enjoy one of the tracks available in R3E, as the car is so good.

If you are a better man than I am and have that patience I lack, you do best, waiting for the Porsche(s) to be released. I am absolutely looking forward to the Porsche(s), especially the GT3 Cup and the GT3 R.
It is just to bad that R3E does not have a WEC field of cars (yet) - much to look forward to with GTR3 then I suppose.

With our new Porsche cars coming up soon, we have to say goodbye to our old friend, the RUF RT12R GTR3. It will be taken out of the store on December 19th. That means, you cannot buy it anymore from that point on.

But, if you have bought the car already, or you buy it before the 19th, you will keep it on your account and you can still race it whenever you want. So stock up on RUFs and liveries now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes