R3E Pricing, discounts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've noticed that some feel the pricing in R3E is a bit confusing, so I'm gonna try do my best to make it easier to understand here while also giving some tips on how to save a dollar or two in the process.

First off, you don't need to start the game to access the store, you can access the store and your account from here; http://game.raceroom.com

Hit the Store button at the top and then you can find the content just below under tha Cars, Tracks and Packs links.

I highly recommend to look at buying packs as these give you a big discount on the content compared to buying each car and track seperately! If you already own pieces of the content in a pack, you'll get further discount for what you own. Here's how you can tell;

1. Hover your mouse over the huge yellow discount bubble.
  2. A popup tells you the total price, pack price, discount for owned content and all discount.
  3. Once you add content to the cart it will open on the right hand side, here you can see another type of discount you get, bulk discount, this discount increases in % the more you add (read on for a good tip on how to save money though!!).
R3E pricing.png

So as you can see, just by hitting the store and adding something to the cart you can get a clear view of how much this content will set you back in cold hard cash!

But wait, theres more!
You can save more money by purchasing vRP vouchers from this store;
http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

If we look at the price in the screenshot above, this will cost you 1698 vRP, which means €16,13 after bulk discount.
But you can buy a 2000vRP voucher from the above URL for €16,99, that way you'll have 302 vRP left over after buying the pack that you can use to buy another piece of content!
And the more you buy the cheaper it gets ofc. :)
After purchasing you'll get an email with a code that you can redeem in the store by clicking the vRP button next to your profile pic and choosing Redeem Code;
redeem.png

Lastly, that store is the official Raceroom store so it is fully legal and trustworthy.

So, in short, the TLDR version:
The WTCC packs are pretty good buys if you plan on joining our Club Racing as we will be doing lots of these.

Note that as of the time of writing this you can accidently pay too much if you for instance add both the WTCC 2013 pack and the European Track Pack to the store, you will not get discount for the tracks that both packs contain. For the time beeing you are better off just buying one pack, then add the next to the cart, once you own the tracks you should get credited with the discount.
If you have accidently bought this I urge you to contact Sector 3 over at their forums;
https://forum.sector3studios.com/

I recently wondered the same myself, and almost settled on the route you've gone down in buying individual cars as I need them. But when you look at the complete package and the HUGE discount you get by buying it, it's a very good deal. You could pay the same or more for another sim and all of it's DLCs and still end up with less content than you get in R3E. So in other words, I'd go the whole hog and buy EVERYTHING. :)
Just bought the Premium pack. It was actually only 34 bucks :roflmao: I got two more discounts on the price, don't ask me why. But 34 bucks for the amount of content i got..probably more then all AC DLCs together..don't understand why people are complaining so much about R3Es pricing...

Just bought the Premium pack. It was actually only 34 bucks :roflmao: I got two more discounts on the price, don't ask me why.
You get a discount for any content you already own. Since you already have some tracks and cars, their cost is deducted from the price of the premium pack. You also get a "bulk discount" applied at the checkout, based on how much you're buying at once.

But 34 bucks for the amount of content i got..probably more then all AC DLCs together..don't understand why people are complaining so much about R3Es pricing...

No comment... I used to be one of those complainers until about a month ago. :roflmao:

10 April 2017
Basically the above method still works even though the website has changed layout.
I just bought the Premium Pack listed at £86 then discounted to £63 for content already purchased, It cost me £52 for 10000 VRP & I now have 926 VRP left for the future updates.
Thanks for this awesome tip. :)

I have also started by buying small vRP packages. If you like R3E, don't go that way. Overall, I have paid much more than 10000 vRP package costs and still don't have everything.

I know it has probably been mentioned a thousand times, but currently, all content purchased through the premium pack comes to 9999 vRP, $109.09 USD (€99). The 10,000 vRP purchase option is only €64.99.

For me I owned all 3 DTM experiences and a couple of other items, which brought it down to $88 ($74 in cart). But for $71 (€64.99) I got the 10,000 vRP pack, which leaves me almost 2000 vRP left for future cars (which the most certainly will be).

I think $70 is an absolutely fair price for this, 6 months ago it would have cost at least triple that if you had bought them individually. And people paid $60 for F1 2015 so... :laugh:

I love this game. Only thing it truly lacks are Ferraris, Porsches and Rain/Night cycle.

After a very long time I have Raceroom again on my hard drive and have managed to get it running again.
I would like to catch up on the newest content but their shop redesign is not exactly helping on finding the most economical way of purchasing the missing pieces.

For one I cannot find a way to purchase VRP in their online shop?
I can only see direct payment through steam.

What is the best advice to get the new GT3 cars (I accidentally purchased the McLaren 650s directly through the game).

In the past I remember you could purchase a bunch of content at bulk with packs, discounted items and single items all in the shopping cart, getting a discount on bulk purchase and paying in rVP, purchased separately though Steam. I don't see that option any longer.

Is it just me, or is it not actually possible to buy vRP from the in-game store page? If the option is there, it's well hidden. Back when I bought the premium pack I had to get the vRP from the website beforehand. Bit daft.

@menos | M6, I think the cheapest way is still buying packs. For example, if you go and buy the GT3 pack right now, you will get a discount for already owning the 650, plus a bulk discount for buying the pack instead of individual GT3 cars. Add the packs you want to your basket and check the total cost in vRP, then head to the website Andy linked above and buy enough vRP to cover it. That should work out cheaper than paying in cash directly.

The best and most affordable way to get content is to use the link that Andy posted, I never do it any other way.
You receive the redeem codes almost instantly by email then just copy and paste in the store in game and you're good to go.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the link and tips.

When I was using RaceRoom a long time ago, it was MUCH easier to find the deals and pay with the economically best method (I was an avid fan, having bought all the content up to the time I got too fed up by the constant technical issues).
Back then I remember there were even regular deals advertised in their newsletter (that was how I got most of the content, waiting for a deal and buying never full price except for the very few nuggets as the Nordschleife or Macao or the Shanghai circuit).

Now it seems they really make you climb a lot of obstacles to do so and hide the best way of buying their content behind walls.
The in game buy it now prices are quite a bit more pricey than I knew R3E from the past.
Its quite a strategy of creeping prices up substantially.

I will check out the link later (this must be new, you used to be able to do this transaction in the in-game store).

Is it just me, or is it not actually possible to buy vRP from the in-game store page? If the option is there, it's well hidden. Back when I bought the premium pack I had to get the vRP from the website beforehand. Bit daft.
You can't directly buy vRP in the ingame store anymore for quite a long time now. Only if you want to buy content requiring more vRP than you currently have, you will be able to buy the exact amount of vRP needed to complete the transaction.

You can't directly buy vRP in the ingame store anymore for quite a long time now. Only if you want to buy content requiring more vRP than you currently have, you will be able to buy the exact amount of vRP needed to complete the transaction.
You have to go to the main Raceroom site. The code is sent to you via Email and you redeem it on the game page on the vRP tab next to the Account tab.

upload_2017-5-8_16-25-43.png

Honestly, since I mostly buy content in small batches based on what I currently need for my racing, I don't even bother with buying vRP off that separate store of theirs. I realize that when buying a lot of content at once or a pack or something, it is the cheaper way to go, but the way I buy it, it's really not worth it, especially given that you can't buy a specific amount of vRP, you can only buy them in packages.

My only gripe is that even through Steam, you basically can't just buy one track or one car and be done with it - the minimum amount to spend on one transaction is 5 euro as you can't add less to your Steam funds. Sure, you can add those 5 euro, buy one track and leave the rest of the funds on your Steam account for next time, but still...

Honestly, since I mostly buy content in small batches based on what I currently need for my racing, I don't even bother with buying vRP off that separate store of theirs. I realize that when buying a lot of content at once or a pack or something, it is the cheaper way to go, but the way I buy it, it's really not worth it, especially given that you can't buy a specific amount of vRP, you can only buy them in packages.

My only gripe is that even through Steam, you basically can't just buy one track or one car and be done with it - the minimum amount to spend on one transaction is 5 euro as you can't add less to your Steam funds. Sure, you can add those 5 euro, buy one track and leave the rest of the funds on your Steam account for next time, but still...
I think about it like this: Spend $70, get the whole game, anything else is just DLC basically. R3E is really good about discounts too. The more you buy, the more you save. Especially now with the deals.

This sim is an absolute steal compared to iRacing, I'd say it's just a step below too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%