R3E Pricing, discounts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've noticed that some feel the pricing in R3E is a bit confusing, so I'm gonna try do my best to make it easier to understand here while also giving some tips on how to save a dollar or two in the process.

First off, you don't need to start the game to access the store, you can access the store and your account from here; http://game.raceroom.com

Hit the Store button at the top and then you can find the content just below under tha Cars, Tracks and Packs links.

I highly recommend to look at buying packs as these give you a big discount on the content compared to buying each car and track seperately! If you already own pieces of the content in a pack, you'll get further discount for what you own. Here's how you can tell;

1. Hover your mouse over the huge yellow discount bubble.
  2. A popup tells you the total price, pack price, discount for owned content and all discount.
  3. Once you add content to the cart it will open on the right hand side, here you can see another type of discount you get, bulk discount, this discount increases in % the more you add (read on for a good tip on how to save money though!!).
R3E pricing.png

So as you can see, just by hitting the store and adding something to the cart you can get a clear view of how much this content will set you back in cold hard cash!

But wait, theres more!
You can save more money by purchasing vRP vouchers from this store;
http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

If we look at the price in the screenshot above, this will cost you 1698 vRP, which means €16,13 after bulk discount.
But you can buy a 2000vRP voucher from the above URL for €16,99, that way you'll have 302 vRP left over after buying the pack that you can use to buy another piece of content!
And the more you buy the cheaper it gets ofc. :)
After purchasing you'll get an email with a code that you can redeem in the store by clicking the vRP button next to your profile pic and choosing Redeem Code;
redeem.png

Lastly, that store is the official Raceroom store so it is fully legal and trustworthy.

So, in short, the TLDR version:
The WTCC packs are pretty good buys if you plan on joining our Club Racing as we will be doing lots of these.

Note that as of the time of writing this you can accidently pay too much if you for instance add both the WTCC 2013 pack and the European Track Pack to the store, you will not get discount for the tracks that both packs contain. For the time beeing you are better off just buying one pack, then add the next to the cart, once you own the tracks you should get credited with the discount.
If you have accidently bought this I urge you to contact Sector 3 over at their forums;
https://forum.sector3studios.com/

For those who've had R3 for some time and have accumulated purchases, is the Premium pack (now at $75) about the same amount/content you've already purchased to-date? Or the Pro pack at $35?

Last edited:
is the Premium pack (now at $75) be about the same amount/content you've purchased?

Not quite sure I understand what you are asking here. The premium pack contains every piece of content that is currently released for RR. If you already own some of that content, it will be appropriately taken into account and discounted from the price of the premium pack.

Only negative of the packs though is you can only buy them once. So if you wouldn’t play all the content of the pro pack in a year, get that and then next summer or Easter sale get the premium which would then also include any new content added that year.
Good tip. Too many options. What's a good start (though relative), is it advisable to get the GT3 pack even if you don't see using all of them, or just individually... same with other sets (DTM, WTCC), and just select few w/c I'd use? Don't care much about liveries. And, is there a way to test the car(s) before getting the whole pack? Only have the free ver of R3 installed, so far.

Last edited:
Good tip. Too many options. What's a good start (though relative), is it advisable to get the GT3 pack even if you don't see using all of them, or just individually... same with other sets (DTM, WTCC), and just select few w/c I'd use? Don't care much about liveries. And, is there a way to test the car(s) before getting the whole pack? Only have the free ver of R3 installed, so far.
It depends what you want to do, you only need one car from any division to race it offline or online. If you are literally only going to use one or two cars from GT3 and one livery then it may be cheaper to do individual cars but the thing with the packs are you get a load of tracks bundled in too.

You certainly get more content for your money with the packs and you get bigger discounts on other packs if you already own a lot of content.
In the long run one car from each pack and most of the tracks would cost more than the premium pack.

Hence my suggestion of the pro pack as all the content in that if you got the premium pack in the future would be discounted from the total cost plus you’d get any new content added too. Most cost effective way is to buy vRP in bulk on the Raceroom store. I believe 7500 would get you the premium pack at £40 with the current discount, not sure how much the pro is in vRP though.

To test just go to the store in-game and you can test drive any car you like around the raceroom track and I believe it’s unlimited driving time now too.

is the Premium pack (now at $75) be about the same amount/content you've purchased
You can get the Premium pack for 65 bucks if you buy vRP on raceroomstore.com. Or you can get the 5000 vRP pack for 35 bucks, get the Pro pack and still have 1300 vRP to spare.

Though personally, I'm more in favor of paying small amounts of money over time rather than a fair amount of money one time, even if it adds up to more overall. So I prefer to pick and choose the content I get "as needed" instead of paying for the big packs I might not really need. But that's a very subjective thing, obviously.

Though personally, I'm more in favor of paying small amounts of money over time rather than a fair amount of money one time, even if it adds up to more overall. So I prefer to pick and choose the content I get "as needed" instead of paying for the big packs I might not really need. But that's a very subjective thing, obviously.

With the current summer sale in RR which ends in a few days, it is a vastly superior deal to buy a pack of vRP from the RaceRoom Store and then buy the premium pack since it is 20% off. Comes out to roughly $50 when you do it that way.

In the long run if you buy everything a la carte, the price added up can easily be double that.

For anyone that test drives a wide variety of cars in the store and sees themselves using those cars in the future, I would highly advise looking into the premium pack while it's on sale. Not to mention you get every track released, which is far more important to have imo.

With the current summer sale in RR which ends in a few days, it is a vastly superior deal to buy a pack of vRP from the RaceRoom Store and then buy the premium pack since it is 20% off. Comes out to roughly $50 when you do it that way.

In the long run if you buy everything a la carte, the price added up can easily be double that.

For anyone that test drives a wide variety of cars in the store and sees themselves using those cars in the future, I would highly advise looking into the premium pack while it's on sale. Not to mention you get every track released, which is far more important to have imo.
Yeah, was looking at that too, though some have tipped not get the premium as new/future releases won't be considered... unless you're saying to just then purchase the new ones individually as they come?
Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Yeah, was looking at that too, though some have tipped not get the premium as new/future releases won't be considered... unless you're saying to just then purchase the new ones individually as they come?

The premium pack contains everything currently released. So, every single car, track, and livery. It does not contain anything that will be released in the future.

So, some people say to never buy the premium pack, because there will be more content added to RR over the coming years, which you will have to buy separately.

Frankly though, if you dont own anything yet, there is no cheaper way to get a lot of content in RR. The business model has been discussed elsewhere to death, but this is what we have to deal with. Luckily though, the premium pack is an option. It wasnt a few years ago, and as you can gather, trying to buy all of the content available back then was quite a bit more expensive.

Oh BTW, where do we 'test drive' a car before buying (as @Kenny Paton suggested)? I don't see an option in the free version, and other cars say 'Buy...'. Thanks guys.

If you are in the game and go to the store, you can go to the store page of any car, and there should be a 'test drive' button there. It's a purple button that is located directly beneath the price of the car.

The test drive solely takes place on RaceRoom Raceway bridge layout though, and you cannot change that to a different track.

So, some people say to never buy the premium pack, because there will be more content added to RR over the coming years, which you will have to buy separately.

Whoops, just an addendum...

The reason people say this is because purchasing the premium pack can only happen once. So after you purchase it, you cannot purchase it a second time. So, some people would prefer to wait for more stuff to be added before using this purchase option.

I can see that point of view, but who knows how long it will take for more content to become available :p

One more thing, I noticed the site for International and US are different? Can't I register in US site w/o a US billing address? International uses Euro, and the amount is the equivalent in US$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%