ptracker

Apps ptracker 3.4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi .. Am trying to run x2 AC servers and am getting the below when I launch my 2nd stracker instance.
Have unique names for .ini files and multiple ports etc
"OSError: [WinError 10048] Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

Any thoughts ?

Cheers

Neys updated ptracker with a new update entry:

new stable version 3.2.9

About time to declare the 3.2.x series stable I would say.

Changes compared to 3.1.x (better formatted change logs are available here: http://www.n-e-y-s.de/ptracker_doc#auto_chapter_3)

Highlights
  • statistics browsing in ptracker is now much more fun due to integrated browser.
    • The local stats can now be as easily accessed as the server stats.
    • Server stat pages are directly generated from the server with same look and feel...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Whats with the exe. getting trojan warning?

There is no trojan in ptracker and stracker.

I've checked with http://www.virustotal.com and the most important scanners don't report ptracker.exe.

I can't report false positives for all of the scanners, some of the anti virus SW make it quite hard to report if you don't own their SW. Feel free to report the false positive to your anti virus vendor.

You can basically use 7zip on the .exe to extract it and install the app manually. However, you probably will also get an AV warning when doing so (or when trying to launch AC).

The installer makes it easier to install ptracker correctly together with the recommended runtime environment.

Virus scanner false positives have been an issue since I've switched to the binary distribution because of frame rate advantages (that was version 2.8.x if I remember right).

The root cause of this is probably because I've switched to pyinstaller to generate ptracker.exe, which has the advantage being cross platform supporting proper linux support for stracker.

You have the following possibilities:

1. Report ptracker.exe as a false positive to your anti virus vendor
2, Make an exception in your AV software
3. Stay on version 3.1.x

EDIT: This is the link to the virustotal analysis: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...2707868fa686bd08000276dd7911ceb4dc6/analysis/

Last edited:
Thanks Neys, It's AVG I use I can't seem to find where to allow it when it flags up initially when I allow it won't let me access the file...sorry bit of a noob with PC's

Thanks Neys, It's AVG I use I can't seem to find where to allow it when it flags up initially when I allow it won't let me access the file...sorry bit of a noob with PC's

I have just tried to report the false positive detection to AVG (but it seems they have a size limit of 5 MB ...). Sent the link to ptracker.exe, so they might download it themself. Not sure if they are going to do that.

Here is a HowTo for adding an exception in AVG: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/turn-off-false-positive-avg-69481.html

Hi Neys,

Love the new pTracker interface for viewing laps... I was wondering if it's possible to access those from a(nother) web browser while AC / pTracker is running?

Hi Dave,

no this is not possible unfortunately. I hope you don't have major issues with the current interface?

Technically ptracker doesn't create a full web server which can be accessed from outside of the ptracker.exe process. Though this would have been a little bit easier to program (because everything was already in place thanks to stracker) it would have been much more complicated to reliably deploy (because you can't know which ports are free, and there might be firewall issues all over the place).

Instead there is a kind of lightweight server implemented locally in the ptracker.exe process which can be used only inside the process ...

Greetings
Neys

Help guys, @Neys, trying to edit the chat messages, but how are they saved, isn't there a save button (as when I close the config dialog, it doesn't save the new messages)?
Also, anyone using power grid (roccat), AC doesn't seem to recognize the button presses?

Help guys, @Neys, trying to edit the chat messages, but how are they saved, isn't there a save button (as when I close the config dialog, it doesn't save the new messages)?

Try to press enter after editing the line edits in the config dialog. After pressing enter, you should be able to use the new shortcuts and it should be saved in the ptracker.ini file when closing AC (<my documents>/Assetto Corsa/plugins/ptracker.ini if I remember correctly). There might be an issue when re-opening the config dialog without restarting AC, the config dialog might display the wrong (old) values.

Also, anyone using power grid (roccat), AC doesn't seem to recognize the button presses?

Uh I can't help with that. Admittetly the way ptracker uses the keyboard input is quite hacky (but unfortunately there is no clean way for receiving keyboards events in AC). Might be a problem with this power grid application using the same mechanism and exhausting ptracker's keyboard events.

Greetings
Neys

You can help by reporting the false positive to your virus scanner vendor. I did report to some of the vendors making it easy (e.g., AVG and Avast), but I can't do that for all scanners out there in the world.

Thank you
Neys

Hi Neys,

Due to the fact I always use JSGME to install everything in a base game ( quick activate and unactivate, easier when checking base game or before a game update without losing anything of added content, easy game check if a problem happens ), I really have a problem with the new exe install system.... as of course it refuses to install the app elsewhere than in the game itself.

The reason I mostly avoid all exe system for installing something new and added to the base game is .... we absolutely don't know, before installing which content of folders and files the exe is installing.
In order to install the new Ptracker, could you please give infos about the content of what is installed.
Surely the app itself in app/python and icons in content/gui/icons ... does it install anything else ?
Knowing the exact content ( if changed between 3.1.7 and 3.2.9 ) ... will allow me to extract in game and afterwards moving all folders to the MODS folder of JSGME for an easy activation and unactivation of the app.

Thanks in advance,
Greetings.

Hi Neys,

Due to the fact I always use JSGME to install everything in a base game ( quick activate and unactivate, easier when checking base game or before a game update without losing anything of added content, easy game check if a problem happens ), I really have a problem with the new exe install system.... as of course it refuses to install the app elsewhere than in the game itself.

The reason I mostly avoid all exe system for installing something new and added to the base game is .... we absolutely don't know, before installing which content of folders and files the exe is installing.
In order to install the new Ptracker, could you please give infos about the content of what is installed.
Surely the app itself in app/python and icons in content/gui/icons ... does it install anything else ?
Knowing the exact content ( if changed between 3.1.7 and 3.2.9 ) ... will allow me to extract in game and afterwards moving all folders to the MODS folder of JSGME for an easy activation and unactivation of the app.

Thanks in advance,
Greetings.

Hey Jempy,

if you don't like the .exe installer, open the .exe file with 7zip and you will be able to unpack its contents. You will see some stuff related to the installer, but it should be obvious to you what is the relevant content for you. Please give me a hint if this is working for you.

I fully understand your objectives against the .exe installers. However, due to the dependency to a specific VS runtime for proper setup detection, and also because of the fact that there are issues with some of the virus scanners, I thought it'd be a good idea to create a simple installer which checks for common installation issues and installs the VS 2015 runtime if necessary.

I hope this helps :)
Neys

Thanks for your tip, Neys :thumbsup:
I never imagined the .exe file after unzipping might also been unzipped .... and afterwards, couldn't guess that a folder named images/table_row_lightgreen might contain a folder $INSTDIR with the app folder .... ;):laugh:

Now I went further I found what I needed.

In fact the only problem I have now with my virus scanner is the stracker-Packager ... deleted after a few hours out of my PC ( since I had unactivated the virus scanner before unzipping ).
But I already had the case before and unzipping the Stracker zip in my other hard disk will avoid the problem. ( with NIS ... it's a Trojan or the WS the problem ... for the second, no problem I declare it as sure ... but nothing possible to avoid NIS deleting the 1st one :( )

Thanks for your tip, Neys :thumbsup:
I never imagined the .exe file after unzipping might also been unzipped .... and afterwards, couldn't guess that a folder named images/table_row_lightgreen might contain a folder $INSTDIR with the app folder .... ;):laugh:

Now I went further I found what I needed.

In fact the only problem I have now with my virus scanner is the stracker-Packager ... deleted after a few hours out of my PC ( since I had unactivated the virus scanner before unzipping ).
But I already had the case before and unzipping the Stracker zip in my other hard disk will avoid the problem. ( with NIS ... it's a Trojan or the WS the problem ... for the second, no problem I declare it as sure ... but nothing possible to avoid NIS deleting the 1st one :( )

The best way to avoid this is to report the false positive detections to your virus scanner vendor...

I hereby assure you that there is no trojan or virus in neither stracker nor stracker-packager :)

Greetings
Neys

Hi, I have a problem which I cannot find in the ptracker-stats.
I don't want to see racers that have been disconnected in my leaderboards.
Is there a possibility to turn this off or is that function not there yet?

Greetings,
Magix

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%