proTyres

Apps proTyres 2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jens Roos updated proTyres with a new update entry:

New solid design and some fixes

v1.4.0 171022
- optional solid tyre indicator view with rounded corners and simple shades, False (old style) or True (default)
- fix for app behavior related to in-game HUD preset tabs, would not save or update correct
- fix for "PitLane" option used for "Other" under "PITBOARD" in INI file, would cause an error on all sessions
- fix for detection of session restart, could on some rare condition be triggered faulty
- fix for app...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
Same here. v1.4.0 171022 not working.
App doesn't show up in game or on right side App menu.

The first issue should have been solved, have you activated the app in settings?
(download date should be 23:rd or later)

If you have, please post any error message in console after session start by pressing home key

The first issue should have been solved, have you activated the app in settings?
(download date should be 23:rd or later)

If you have, please post any error message in console after session start by pressing home key

I downloaded it yesterday. And yes, I de-activated, restarted, activated, restarted. No go.

My suspicion is the config file. I remember a previous version didn't load until I deleted the config.ini and had app re-create it. I will try this again when I get home.

Thx.

I downloaded it yesterday. And yes, I de-activated, restarted, activated, restarted. No go.

My suspicion is the config file. I remember a previous version didn't load until I deleted the config.ini and had app re-create it. I will try this again when I get home.

Thx.

Please save your old ini and attach or send it by pm if it helps, i'm not aware of any combination that would crash the app during init. If icon is missing this is what must be happening.

If still not working, attach log.txt from your ac log folder as it contains any app loading error.

Please save your old ini and attach or send it by pm if it helps, i'm not aware of any combination that would crash the app during init. If icon is missing this is what must be happening.

If still not working, attach log.txt from your ac log folder as it contains any app loading error.

Hi,

Renaming config.ini solved the problem. The app made a new one and I copied my settings over to it.

Here are the differences:

Old-
[APP]
scale = 1.0
scale_font = 1.0
background = Standard
config_menu_mode = Close
disable_buttons = None
bw_buttons = False
use_op_font = False
op_font = ['Roboto', 0, 0]
verbose_log = Standard
debug = False
visible = True

[DISPLAY]
practice = CompactExtend
qualify = CompactExtend
race = CompactExtend
other = CompactExtend
disabled = None

[INDICATOR]
show_new_tyre = True
temp_bar_mode = StandardRing
top_tyre_mode = False
dirty_bar_tyre = False
avg_peak_mode = False
center_bar = False
show_brake_slip = Delayed
brake_sense_practice = High
brake_sense_qualify = High
brake_sense_race = Medium
brake_sense_other = Off

New-
[APP]
scale = 1.0
scale_font = 1.0
background = Standard
config_menu_mode = Close
disable_buttons = None
bw_buttons = False
use_op_font = False
op_font = ['Roboto', 0, 0]
verbose_log = Standard
debug = False

[DISPLAY]
practice = CompactExtend
qualify = CompactExtend
race = CompactExtend
other = CompactExtend
disabled = None

[INDICATOR]
show_new_tyre = True
temp_bar_mode = StandardRing
top_tyre_mode = False
dirty_bar_tyre = False
avg_peak_mode = False
center_bar = False
use_radius = True
show_brake_slip = Delayed
brake_sense_practice = High
brake_sense_qualify = High
brake_sense_race = Medium
brake_sense_other = Off

X.

Hi,
Renaming config.ini solved the problem. The app made a new one and I copied my settings over to it.
X.

Great that it work now. There is nothing wrong with your old settings, you do not happen to have the old file?

The INI toolset in python is a bit "sensitve" for strange or wrong characters combinations, it is detected for INI&LUT pack files but is not done for the app INI. I could add that in next release, but if you have an file causing the fault that would be great.

Jens Roos updated proTyres with a new update entry:

Added new free AC content and some fixes

v1.4.2 171220
- updated ini&lut pack for all standard AC, DLC and bonus pack cars
- eol autotune tweaked, could sometimes show strange bar behavior close to end of life
- fix for config.ini sometimes saved for no reason when app was closed
v1.4.1 171116
- flexible 'cars_mod' folder structure, any number of folders and name starting with 'cars_' can be used
- config.ini is checked that file is valid or app will stay static, error message in console

No INI files in archive so no personal settings are overwritten.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Hi, I've found that proTyres does not detect the tyres correctly for some cars when they have the "data.acd" compressed file instead of the full uncompressed "data" folder. Extracting the contents of the data.acd file in the missing "data" folder using quickbms, makes proTyres detect the tyres without problems. Is this an expected behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Hi, yes kind of, you should never extract or change anything in your car folder, this could also cause problems if you race online.

For non AC cars (mod cars) you will need an Ini & Lut pack, they are already available for almost every mod car, some mod cars have an data folder and don't need an ini&lut pack (that is why your above "fix" works).

From the overview post:

"User B-RIDDICK at the AC forum supplies many INI & LUT packs for mod cars

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2P8YTKOyGSLR1J5OXBqU0RvMk0?usp=sharing

Save the pack folder in your "\apps\python\proTyres\cars_mod" folder.

There is also an optional INI & LUT pack available for download here: proTyres Ini & Lut pack"

I could also add, for some mod cars the ini&lut files are faulty but they are corrected in the above packs.

With Assetto Corsa update 1.6.2 the app won't show temp. I have attached the config (app) and the log (AC)

Attachments

• log.txt
    94.6 KB · Views: 289
  • config.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 218
With Assetto Corsa update 1.6.2 the app won't show temp. I have attached the config (app) and the log (AC)

I took another look, I guess there is an conflict with DTM_DRS app, try disable that app and it should work.

If it do, copy '\apps\python\proTyres\lib\sim_info.py' and replace it with the one in the DTM_DRS app.

For some reason, sometimes when an app loads an older version it's sharing the older one instead of using the newest, the one in proTyres is 100% backwards compatible with the existing one in the other app.

If you press home key or look in py_log.txt there should be an error message about this as well.

I have deactivated and deleted DTM_DRS but still not giving me anything like temperature or other time I will check other apps

Attachments

• log.txt
    395.3 KB · Views: 332
  • py_log.txt
    17.6 KB · Views: 316
yes, the problem is some other app having an older sim_info.py, from the py_log.txt

"proTyres: WARNING sim_info.py conflict (index 0) with older version loaded by previous app"

It is an strange behavior, since it is not happen with all other apps, even if they use an older version.
(and proTyres uses an shared memory resource not available in the older version)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back