Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

LMM, JDougNY, let me just say thank you for your ongoing support for the game!

Edit: To not forget Didouc and others.. Thank you to everyone who is/was involved in contributing to the experience

Last edited:
same for me !!! THANK YOU !!!

you made this game great and added day by day little masterpieces !!! So happy to see you working together and speak so friendly !!!

mexxxx

And for people who want some photos, have some of these:

e2cf4cca_o.jpeg
casso ma che belleeeee !!!!!!!!!!!
Wow !!!! nice cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps: take a look at Nogrip...... pcars downloads..... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Last edited:
Hello!

I have an weird question. I am a student and employee of Cameron University. I have a chance to save my university quite a bit of money by finding/requesting/creating a modification for Project Cars that would hopefully replace the need to purchase extremely expensive driving simulation software.

What is needed is a modification that will allow us to manipulate a single leading car. We would need to be able to set the continual speed that it would be driving. We would need to be able to collect data on the distance between the lead car and the driver. We would also need to be able to track how much the driver wavered from the path of the lead car. I believe the desire is to gather continuous data as the driver drove. We would have our own methods of running statistical analysis.

I know this is oddly specific and I thank you in advance for any and all help you can provide in the matter. I have tried to research this myself, but so far I have only been able to find mods that let you use custom cars and not mods that let you adjust the behavior of the game or setup a specific scenario.

Again, I thank anyone in advance for any assistance!

@LamboMantisMan23
Ok..so your people are grabbing my physics work for this car. The chassis file is a copy of one that I overhauled. How do I know you ask? It's in how the pushrods are set in the chassis file...dead giveaway. Looks to be one of my earlier chassis files, because I rewrote those pushrod sections to clear out a lot of the zero bytes in my newer chassis.
I set pushrods to force a specific motion ratio on all of the cars GVSE/I release. So, by copying my work, the thief needs to understand that the spring rates they have chosen might be too high (too high of a spring frequency for front/rear). Likewise, their critical damping (bump/rebound) might by way off base, due to the motion ratio I force.

I also did a quick test on the track and there are those graphic glitches when in cockpit and helmet view, just to let you know.
Here's some things in the debug log, too
Code:
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\generic_licplate_euro_diff.dds
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\generic_licplate_euro_norm.dds
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\generic_licplate_euro_glow.dds
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\ferrari_laferrari_wiper_mask.dds
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\ferrari_laferrari_wiper_trails.dds
 Material file does not exist: vehicles\ferrari_laferrari\laferrari_misc_01_skin.mtx
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\porsche_918_spyder_cupgang.dds
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\generic_licplate_euro_diff.dds
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\generic_licplate_euro_norm.dds
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\generic_licplate_euro_glow.dds
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\ferrari_laferrari_wiper_mask.dds
Failed to load texture C:\pCars_current\vehicles\textures\ferrari_laferrari_wiper_trails.dds

Also, how about you and Charles share openly what you know about BGUI...now that you have resorted to stealing physics work of others.

Hi! I'm not a physics guy, I just took your chassis file because it is the only car in this game that really feels like an AWD, didn't know it was a steal of physics. If an ingame car was that good, I would have take this file! So I modified some things in it, but really, it wasn't intended to be a steal, just took the best AWD chassis file. Pushrod etc, it is really abstract to me. Yes, I should ask you before, I'm really sorry about that.
Do you know where is located the AWD entry in cdfbin?

Hi! I'm not a physics guy, I just took your chassis file because it is the only car in this game that really feels like an AWD, didn't know it was a steal of physics. If an ingame car was that good, I would have take this file! So I modified some things in it, but really, it wasn't intended to be a steal, just took the best AWD chassis file. Pushrod etc, it is really abstract to me. Yes, I should ask you before, I'm really sorry about that.
Do you know where is located the AWD entry in cdfbin?
The "wheeldrive" is part of the chunk of data at the very end of chassis file. Haven't been able to make sense of that chunk of data.....no real pattern to the data when looking at all chassis files.
To let you know, the Audi R8 V10 Plus is only RWD in the physics. So, don't use that chassis for AWD.

What I had to do to make AWD with paddle shift was take the chassis of Mercedes A45 AMG to have the base features of AWD/auto (paddle) shift. Then, I rewrote almost everything in the file.

All of my chassis have 1:1 motion ratio with all spring rate multipliers and damper rate multipliers set to 1.0. Then I use a worksheet to determine the front/rear spring freq (spring rates) and also the critical damping (bump/rebound). That spreadsheet is available in my public folder. Keep in mind that spreadsheet is based on 1:1 motion ratio and all spring rate mult and damper rate mult at 1.0.

Last edited:
The "wheeldrive" is part of the chunk of data at the very end of chassis file. Haven't been able to make sense of that chunk of data.....no real pattern to the data when looking at all chassis files.
To let you know, the Audi R8 V10 Plus is only RWD in the physics. So, don't use that chassis for AWD.

What I had to do to make AWD with paddle shift was take the chassis of Mercedes A45 AMG to have the base features of AWD/auto (paddle) shift. Then, I rewrote almost everything in the file.

All of my chassis have 1:1 motion ratio with all spring rate multipliers and damper rate multipliers set to 1.0. Then I use a worksheet to determine the front/rear spring freq (spring rates) and also the critical damping (bump/rebound). That spreadsheet is available in my public folder. Keep in mind that spreadsheet is based on 1:1 motion ratio and all spring rate mult and damper rate mult at 1.0.

Oh I didn't think about the A45 (I never use it, forgot it was AWD!), and yes I first used the R8 and noticed it was RWD. That's why I took your chassis. But everything else is like chinese to me!
I'm trying to explain Harry what I did for the bgui file and he will share it better than me as my English is bad! But really, it 's not a big progress, just copying some containers from other bgui files and adding them. You already worked on bgui?

I'm trying to explain Harry what I did for the bgui file and he will share it better than me as my English is bad! But really, it 's not a big progress, just copying some containers from other bgui files and adding them. You already worked on bgui?
I've done little things with BGUI. Things like changing the font colors, swapping in different textures.
The good things to know would be things like...
Container start/end points
How to number/sequence each container
Scale/position/orientation bytes(words)
Any other odd bytes/words you may have figured out.

I've done little things with BGUI. Things like changing the font colors, swapping in different textures.
The good things to know would be things like...
Container start/end points
How to number/sequence each container
Scale/position/orientation bytes(words)
Any other odd bytes/words you may have figured out.

I don't know if it's allowed here, but I use this nogrip post, and the 2 attached pictures as a base.
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1133868&postcount=633

I'm working on the other specific things I found out, and we'll share this!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back