Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

@Shiimis

Even though we can't be certain they'll accept old style MEB files, we can still have some optimism. Ian Bell said he doesn't want to lock out modders, considering SMS started out as a Modding Team. The reason for encryption is not to make it harder for us, but to stop people from stealing models. That was their priority. I'm sure we will get more info as we get closer to the game release, but we can be hopeful none the less. It is a lost cause.

2006 Chevrolet c6z06 is out (with S2U disc-check) at NoGrip.
Brought to you by me and JDougNY :)
View attachment 171969
Mate, this mod has messed up with my pCars installation. I can't begin any race nor choose any car anymore. I have uninstalled the mod, I have reinstalled pCars without any mods and the error persists. More info in the appended picture. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• pCarsRaceError1.png
    pCarsRaceError1.png
    634.4 KB · Views: 239
which game version?
have you installed correct bit mod variant: 64bit for 64bit game version?
if the game still crashes with all mods uninstalled then it's most likely corrupt game save. remove it (backup first), and the game will rebuild it on restart. settings will be lost but the game should work.

Also bear in mind we mostly offer support at NoGrip, where the mod is available for download.

which game version?
have you installed correct bit mod variant: 64bit for 64bit game version?
if the game still crashes with all mods uninstalled then it's most likely corrupt game save. remove it (backup first), and the game will rebuild it on restart. settings will be lost but the game should work.

Also bear in mind we mostly offer support at NoGrip, where the mod is available for download.

I own the latest game version, 11.2. Surely I have installed the correct version, I always have installed 64 bit version mods and had no problem. I will try to remove game save when I arrive at home. Thanks.

Last edited:
Have I to remove all cars installed after Mazda 1.10 and reinstall them after or may I overwrite prevoius folder with this ???
Thank to your works pcars is a new game !
mexx

I take it you are using JSGME. Since this is only a sound update you can try and just activate mazda 1.11, which will only overwrite your current Mazda Rx7 files. Be warned, though, that the proper way is to deactivate all mods up to rx7 (there's no way to deactivate a single mod that's sitting in the middle of the active mods list), and then activate all of them again.

Alternatively you can look inside the Rx7 mod folder and copy the audio folder right into your pcars main directory. Again, if you are not comfortable copying files back and forth then I recommend using the JSGME and full deactivate/reactivate method.

Yes, I',m using JSGME. Ok, better the long way, i'll deactivate all mods up to mazda then reactivate all again.
Thank you !

unistalled all mods with jsgme, unpacked mazda, reinstalled all, et voila !!!!! mods.txt has been deleted !!!!! I know i could made a copy but why JSCME must delete it !????!! Not all cars in mods/folder have relative mod.txt inside, so I have to download it again for correct tire/mods files !!!
I'll make a copy at the end and burn it on a stone DVD !!!!!!

DONE!

ps: maybe 'cause I removed ALL mods without saving mods.txt before.
got some troubles but a check to local files and now all ok

Last edited:
We just finished one car for personal use only, due to the source of the models. I'm currently wrapping up another personal use only car. I might bump that BMW M3 GTR MW to the top of the list....make it the next car to start. Then, there are 4 Road and/or Tuned cars that have modeling done (sitting in my queue) and are ready for me to work on.
After that, we'll have some type of Road/Race type of mix.

Thank you all for your time and effort that you put in the modding of pCARS.
JDougNY is there the little chance that you put the 787b and the Porsche 962 (long and short tail) as well as the Porsche 919 from Assetto Corsa on your list?

The 787B mod car from AC looks very well made... The sound is near perfect!!!
I wish was able to somehow contribute but I have absolutely no idea how it's done or where to start!
I guess we'll have to patiently wait until one of you knowledgeable modders has interest in that legendary rotary!
Thanks for the good work... I just love your RX-7 JDougNY... It's quite close to how my real FD feels like!

For tyre models, Zmod2 is the only editor I can think of that would write out anything remotely correct. However, when I take an outside tyre model, attach to a proper tyre and tread material with correct shader, all textures assigned with correct texture layer properties, add in all bones/skeleton and weight paint the vertices for bone affection, I get a meb that has all the correct data sections for a tyre...but it splits the tyre into rotating halves and the tread pattern has odd rotation (just like when import/export of original tyres from games).

Now, I can take an existing tyre meb, import into Zmod2, fix any bones that are way out of place (many tyres have this problem), change scale and export. After export, I repair what ZMod2 broke in writing the meb by replacing some data by copying from source meb to new meb.
We can't do this for tyre models created from outside 3d models because we would need proper data from a meb to repair what Zmodeler is doing wrong. I think if we were to give shiimis an original meb and that same meb that was exported out of zmodeler, he could resolve all that is wrong in the code. All I did was quick compare, saw where Zmod2 broke things, then replace the code with that from the original (excluding where code changed for scaling and bone positioning). Just overwriting complete sections...so doesn't take long at all.

Likewise, anyone can import an existing tyre meb into 3dsimed, change scale and save using only the "update meb" option.

Also, tyre mebs can be hex edited to change the material folder path and filenames. Just make sure to have the proper amount of pad byte(s) and pad word. Same thing for every other meb that might be grabbed for donation, such as wiper mebs.

But, yes...it would be nice to use the 3d tyre models that came with the car. Gets tricky (and annoying) sometimes trying to find a proper donor for tyres.....AND for wipers, too.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back