Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Hello, I've been wondering how difficult it is to edit a vehicle that is already is in the game. The Oreca 03 in-game is the Nissan-powered and produces 460~hp, revs slightly lower rpms and is about 150kg . A Judd BMW version exists producing around 475~hp, revving higher and weighing 10kg less, however, it runs hotter and is less reliable irl.
How difficult would it be to edit the physics in-game to match these characteristics?
I've edited physics back in my Flight Sim days but I cannot make heads or tails of the Pcars files :p
Thanks

Hello, PCARS
been wondering how difficult it is to edit a vehicle that is already is in the game. The Oreca 03 in-game is the Nissan-powered and produces 460~hp, revs slightly lower rpms and is about 150kg . A Judd BMW version exists producing around 475~hp, revving higher and weighing 10kg less, however, it runs hotter and is less reliable irl.
How difficult would it be to edit the physics in-game to match these characteristics?
I've edited physics back in my Flight Sim days but I cannot make heads or tails of the Pcars files :p
Thanks
You can check the translation for the files in the JDougNY public folder:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cy3jl6679k7i1/Public_for_PCARS

You need the unpacked files, and you have to create a separated name files for the new physics...
It's better if you can to wait for the Shiimis editor...

Guys, now the Pcars modding communauty is poor ! Who want to make or share conversion cars ?
All information are in this thread, come on try it

I wish it were easier, I learned to the edit mebs, but I can't separate the physics for the cars... I change the name and edit the number of characters and it crashes...

the F40 it's from Test Drive Ferrari Legends and has a lot of problems... The 155 it's from AC, and it's a nightmare to convert it...

when working in a car you think that all the people that finishes a car is like God...

20161218164331_1.jpg
20161218164348_1.jpg

is it possible to export/import cars from "Test drive : Ferrari racing legends" by SMS ?
i seen FXX, FF, and others interesting cars...

is it possible to export/import cars from "Test drive : Ferrari racing legends" by SMS ?
i seen FXX, FF, and others interesting cars...
Yes... But it has the same problem that pcars, when unpacking with quickbms the files appear unnamed... With the 3dsmax importer script it can rename mebs and materials, only remains to rename the textures... It can be automated but I couldn't make the Chinese script that renames all the files work... Then you have a car in the same conditions as the shift2 ones... It needs a considerable work...

Hey guys, bought PCars in the Steam Sale. I'm trying to export cars and i don't think I'm doing it right, Apparently the attached pic is a Focus RS. The pic is a result of trying to do it the same way as NFS Shift (QuickBMS with NFSShift script to Zmodeler2 to .3ds). I'm sorry to rehash this but There's so much on this thread that I don't know what's outdated and what's not, could someone please give me a quick rundown how to do it and what tools to use, I also have 3dsMax 2015 if needed.

Attachments

• FocusRS.jpg
    FocusRS.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 214
Hey guys, bought PCars in the Steam Sale. I'm trying to export cars and i don't think I'm doing it right, Apparently the attached pic is a Focus RS. The pic is a result of trying to do it the same way as NFS Shift (QuickBMS with NFSShift script to Zmodeler2 to .3ds). I'm sorry to rehash this but There's so much on this thread that I don't know what's outdated and what's not, could someone please give me a quick rundown how to do it and what tools to use, I also have 3dsMax 2015 if needed.
If you have 3dsmax try it directly with Sms importer...

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11095

Ok guys the father Christmas is past

You can download my mods

http://pcars-modding-news.over-blog.com/

Be carefull

I Test all cars on a new Pcars intall. All Works, but sometimes for unknow reason the game crash !!
I'm not sure if this helps but I thought I report back. The only 3 cars that have the crash problem are the base models of the latest BMW, Merc and Audi you created. The upgraded versions don't have issues for me.
And thank you for the mods.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea