Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

This is my very first attempt to convert a Shift2 car to pCars.
It´s far away from being finished. The physics seem to work, but there are problems with textures and materials.
I´ve uploaded it and maybe someone can help me, finish it or tell me, what to do next.
Thanks!!
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xjlx1x
Hi Jerec, I checked the car and the main reason for not work are the physics, use others and it will load the race, it's a mod car and it lacks of some uv maps and the. Mtx files aren't pointing to .dds files that's why some textures don't work... Take better a s2u original car...

Ok, I will try another car. Maybe the Saleen S7R or Maserati MC12. I think both are original Shift2U cars. (I´ve so many mod cars for Shift2U).
As soon as I have done it, I will upload it. Would be great, if you could help me or finish it.

Ok, I will try another car. Maybe the Saleen S7R or Maserati MC12. I think both are original Shift2U cars. (I´ve so many mod cars for Shift2U).
As soon as I have done it, I will upload it. Would be great, if you could help me or finish it.

Saleen is a mod car. And I'm working on the MC12 for Machine Dojo Modding Team

97EFF90A9E2F14F2B286B8053561C2B04B9DE7B8

I also tried the MC12. It shows up in the showroom, but when selecting it in the menu, the loading screen appears and after about 10 seconds it crashes to the desktop. Don´t know what I made wrong. Maybe I can upload the file an somebody of you could have a look on it.

@LamboMantisMan When is the next car ready? The Murcielago was awesome, we´re all waiting for the next GT1 beasts.

I also tried the MC12. It shows up in the showroom, but when selecting it in the menu, the loading screen appears and after about 10 seconds it crashes to the desktop. Don´t know what I made wrong. Maybe I can upload the file an somebody of you could have a look on it.
For sure that your answer is here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-60#post-2373021

Glass bmts probably it's the problem, if you're using working physics...
Move all suspicious Bmt to another folder to discard what one is giving you the crash...

I've been gone for some time. One reason is that I needed a break. The other is due to my health...been going to chemotherapy twice a week since the beginning of October 2016 and I'm still going for chemo treatments.
I see a lot of old P.M.'s in my inbox, but I don't think I'll read or respond to them, due to their age. Also, I'm not sure how active I will be.

Well, I was messing around with a Ferrari F430 Challenge GT3 and since I completed it, I thought I'd share it. The poly counts are ok-ish...just don't zoom in on the rear tail lights or the exhaust pipes.

F430C_512x512.jpg

2006 Ferrari Challenge GT3 by JDougNY

Car Models by SMS. Wing Models by Turn 10.
Converted/edited/modified by JDougNY.

**Car Features**
Custom 4 page digital display in cockpit
Full damage modeling, including scratch, dent, crumple, glass cracks.
All skins per original car
Animated shift paddles
Original engine audio by SMS, which has no audible rev limit. AI audio recreated by JDougNY
NOTE: engine audio is very low in replay mode for unknown reasons.

Physics customized by JDougNY, including F430 suspension geometry by Doug Arnao (some adjustments made by JDougNY).
Suspension designed to 1:1 motion ratio.
Spring and damping multipliers set to 1.0 in chassis file.
Spring and damping rates designed to 1:1 motion ratio and 1.0 multipliers.
Full accounting of body inertia in chassis file (unlike all original cars in the game).
Activated/set aero parameters that were left disabled by SMS (common in many original cars)
Reworked diffuser physics to actually provide downforce (a problem in some original cars)
Numerous other physics calibrations.

Default HP is 505hp. Adjust air restrictor up/down, if needed, based upon your own
skill level and other cars on the track to find a level of balance that works for you.

Read the readme file for installation instructions

64bit version download - http://www.mediafire.com/file/guzzis43bl023cc/Ferrari_F430C_GT3_V1.0_64bit_By_JDougNY.rar

32bit version download - http://www.mediafire.com/file/b7wd5da7nc386nc/Ferrari_F430C_GT3_V1.0_32bit_By_JDougNY.rar

My public folder has been reworked with files placed into various folders for better organization. Public folder link.... https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cy3jl6679k7i1/Public_for_PCARS

Hi, I have some problems after editing mebs and doing all that I know...
20170127173832_1.jpg
20170127173837_1.jpg
20170127173841_1.jpg

20170127173851_1.jpg
ferrari-f40-gt-1987.jpg

I don't know if the problem with the badges is the. Mtx file(it has 2 layers inside)or that I have to redo the uv mapping with other shader, no idea of doing that, it has 6 textures control, specular, normal and diffuse and the 2 for the paint, also I have a glitch on the bonnet(this one comes from the interior loda) and also the glass for the headlights that are on the windows meb don't appear... In zmodeler it appears right.
It has to look like the last image...
If it's very hard I will move to other car...
Thanks...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years