Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Hey guys, cant say it often enough but your work is great. Now, after the AGU BMW M6 GT3 got released, could you bring it to pCars? Thanks and keep it coming

@wolfsburg if you're using the glass or windscreen materials from Shift 2 then this will cause crashes. Find a donor mtx for pCARS and edit accordingly and see if that works

sorry I was thinking that I changed it because it was working in the garage, I changed all .bmt to another folder and then it loaded the race, then I returned all the .bmt that weren't glass or mirror related... now I have to check what ones are crashing...

20160919003837_1.jpg

Hello peeps i have an question
does someone know the program where its possible to also overwrite the existing skins of cars?
i had it but i formatted my pc and forgot the name now :(

thanks in adv

I have a question, can I share my SkinPacks on RaceDepartment ? They are for Stlaker90 mods (Ferrari 488 GT3, Lamborghini Huracan GT3, Nissan GT-R GT3 and McLaren 650S GT3). I don't create the skins, I just found them on the AC Skins section, reworked and import them in Project CARS, that's why I ask, I'm not sure I can. Thanks for answers ! :)

Ok, thanks Stlaker, so I think I'll only share a link by private message, I have around 100 skins for all cars accrued, I think it's around 30-40 creators, some probably won't accept
Thanks for your quick answer :)
If you want them -> private message

I need a little bit of assistance with animated wipers: there are cases when the animation doesn't play either in cockpit view or external view despite my making sure I have configanim.bin, vehicleanims.bab, _chassis.bas and __cockpit.bas that correspond to donor wipers. Is there another dependency somewhere which needs to be taken care of? I was wondering about physics\collision files but so far I am none the wiser. I'd appreciate some help.

Hi guys. Sorry for interuptning.
Im have been woundring how modding in pcars work.. ive been modding for gtr2 a long time and i became intressted to take the step into pcars. I scrolled around trough some older posts in this thread on how to get started. But im not very sure really, the posts i found in this tread seems abit old.. it has gone alot of patches. And reading the whole tread of 50 pages seems abit boring.

Is there any great toturial over the programs and metods i should be corncerd over? I would like to if some one could help me get started. I planned adding some of my own 3d models. Im not the best modeler but i get the things done i guess.

I have currently been doing a older prototype for gtr2. Its a porsche kremer k8 prototype. It raced between 1994 to 1999. An old prototype but could surley be an competitor for the audi lmp900 and bmw v12..

Maybe the sauber c9 aswell.. the k8 is based on the porsche 962

As said im not the best into 3d.. its my first model ever.
fda0cc10.png

aa288510.png

dddad10.png

Im new and i hope my first post wont cause any harm.. thanks in advance

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering