Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Hello, The mod is now in version 1.10

Ver 1.10 update

- Wipers animation correction during replay
- Add missing textures (external windscreen)
- Tires Lodb bug correction
- Add 2 skins
- Rain drop Correction in hood view

You can download it here >> Porsche 997 GT3R 1.10

Enjoy
997 gt3r110.jpg

Hi !

I tested the Porsche and have one issue. When u brake into a long turn the back of the car totally slide away, also when the breaks are at 58% to the front and higher. Seems that the rear wing need more downlift to make this car more stable on the back. I don't know how to fix that in the physics...maybe stlaker90 or somebody else can help.
The other big point is still the final gear ratio. As a player i can fix this by make the gears longer...but the AI can't so im pretty sure they dont have a chance in a race with long straights like monza, lemans or similiar tracks.
Otherwise that car is good...i will continue testing. i hope other people here do the same... ;)

Hello, you can modify downlift in cdfbin file. take translation for chassiscdfbin in JDougNY's folder
search "wing" you can modify default parameter for front and rear wing. For the gearbox ratio, i respect G97/71 gearbox technical data see here with this gearbox you can reach 268km/h, it's enough for a lot of track but not for Nordschleife and Le Mans you can modify gear ratio in gdfbin file.

Regards

Fred

Hi !

Sorry but that editing with a hexeditor totally sucks. I dont wanna spend time into it because i wouldn't get good results. I let other guys do the work...

I'm having an issue using yellow headlight flares with the 997 Cup R, as well as some other mod cars. Because I prefer to run WEC type of races I want my GT cars with yellow lights. So here is the Nissian GTR GT3 working as intended:
lQPBcut.jpg

This is great for me. But not all mod cars are as agreeable as the GTR
C4KGYbc.jpg

Yes I know that's not the 997 that's actually a Huracan GT3 but the issue is exactly the same. What I know so far about changing headlight colour is that normal cars have to be run through once with Crowbot's custom livery tool, mod cars do not, and that the lights flare is a texture. So this means the 997 and the Huracan is not using the common_lightflares.dds texture so the line <REPLACE TEXTURE="vehicles\textures\common_lightflares.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\common_lightflares_03.dds" /> is of no use. Does anyone know the name of the light flares texture file these cars use?

common_lightflares.dds. The glow is mapped to the top third flare (form the left) so that particular glow in whatever replacement texture you are using must be the color you need.

common_lightflares.dds. The glow is mapped to the top third flare (form the left) so that particular glow in whatever replacement texture you are using must be the color you need.

Hi. So it looks like you should want to change in this way, look at the picture . I'll upload the files for you to download . common_lightflares_03.jpg

McLaren_650S_GT3 out by Stlaker_90 & M4MKey.

That car don't work on my PC. I get an unhandled exception trapped message. I look into the RCF files and i thought some tire textures are wrong and changed them by myself but the car won't load on the track. Idk whats wrong with the car, it work in the menu but not on the track. Game crashed everytime.

Any ideas ?

@maxx2504, I don't know how the final archive looks like but it should be fine unless you're on a 32bit OS.

Well sometimes the cars only work after i deleted my profile. Because the Porsche from Didcouc for example I cannot save setups for it too. But im not willing to test that at the moment. I will try that later. Im pretty sure the McLaren works then too.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.