PrestoGP rFactor2 Help Thread

I usually do back everything up, but I had a hard drive outage so lost a lot at the time, eventually got everything back, copied the said folder over and still needed activations, most likely because I'd tried right away when I didnt have my backed up folders.

good tip though :)

I've made a new FFB file and settings if anyone would like to try :)

I think I'm at the stage now I've got it feeling as good as I possibly can so will stick with it, it already allowed me to improve my times over a second on Melbourne just by feeling a lot more.

There will be some who will laugh at these settings, might be some that will love them, like anything else though its personal prefference but if it helps someone then job done eh? :)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/30gbi73lbby2ja5/David_FFB_new_1.JSON

place the file in here...
C:\Users\???\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\Controller

when ingame, in control settings load the file.

Use the settings attached for your logitech profiler, This should work for G25/7 wheels

Ingame I use 20.5 steering lock in setups and 100% brake sensitivity, 25% Throttle sensitivity on my pedals :)

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Logitech Profiler settings.txt
    231 bytes · Views: 356
I've made a new FFB file and settings if anyone would like to try :)

I think I'm at the stage now I've got it feeling as good as I possibly can so will stick with it, it already allowed me to improve my times over a second on Melbourne just by feeling a lot more.

There will be some who will laugh at these settings, might be some that will love them, like anything else though its personal prefference but if it helps someone then job done eh? :)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/30gbi73lbby2ja5/David_FFB_new_1.JSON

place the file in here...
C:\Users\???\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\Controller

when ingame, in control settings load the file.

Use the settings attached for your logitech profiler, This should work for G25/7 wheels

Ingame I use 20.5 steering lock in setups and 100% brake sensitivity, 25% Throttle sensitivity on my pedals :)

Let me know what you think.
Got my 1st try, its very stiff steering, reminds me of my old R07 settings, except that i get a lot of steering "hit" left to right on straights. I will try to fix that with "steering torque minimum" adjust in the controller file.

Important: Don't forget to save your settings before loading David's, or you will lose yours (which i did).

you can set them to whatever you want, in r07 i had them set to 0, on rf2 i have them set like how you see, to me rf2 without damper or spring feels loose and lifeless where as r07 felt the opposite it always had wheel weight, ive tried to recreate r07 in rf2 for myself, if it doesnt work for you though then dont use it, it may be that it doesnt take too well to the diffrent gearing of the g27.

After a few trys, i now feel almost like R07 with your settings, but i was also 100% 100% with spring and dampers in R07. Only difference is i set the throttle to 50% instead of 25%. I feel the response is better, don't need to push the pedal as low for the engine to response. :thumbsup: Good work David!

i feel pretty much the same steeve, feels a lot like r07 now, to a point it enabled me to push so much more with the car i could feel the road for a change as apposed to floating along an inch off the ground, i felt rf2 feedback needed the spring and damper to be able to work on the g25/7, they are basic wheels to rf2 and struggle with the information sent to them,the pedals i still feel the 25% is too much sometimes but its all personal pref so if you can use 100/50/25 then go for it, anyhoo hope you like it and i hope it means not so big a jump in wheel feel for the guys coming straight from r07 into rf2 :)

I always used 270 degrees and 18 lock in r07 Bob, now with the 420 and 20.5 it feels just the same steering as it did for me, the settings I've chosen are to make it feel more r07-like that we are all used to, you can definatly make it feel much diffrent if thats what your after though.

I use 420 with 17.5 lock with rf2 and race07 used mostly 16/17 with 270 degrees also. I also tried to get turn in to how I like so it feels like what I used for race07 too.
You can use Davids ffb setup with what you also prefer degree and lock wise. If yours still feel snatchy with what your using steering wise @Bob Miley are you talking turn in or exit if exit when gettign power down have you tried pedal sensitivity ?

When 1st played rf2 I was reluctant to mess with these settings as 100% is linear and logically should be the best/correct thing to use :coffee:, but I must admit now I used 25% for accel and brake and made quite a bit difference in me controlling car more :rolleyes:, I found before with 100% was difficult to get power down out of corners. Now its easier and also with less lock ups braking for me.

Also things that are must do for me and probably everyone, lowering head vibrations cockpits I use zero for these settings to stop the crazy shaking but you can also just lower them to reduce, and the steering torque minimum thing although I'm using 0 for that now with csw v2 with v1 I used 0.003/5.

These are the player plr settings for vibrations:
Cockpit Vibration Mult1="1" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file) Cockpit Vibration Mult2="1" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit The above is a speed based vibration for cockpit view only. Setting to 0 will disable.

Car Vibration Mult1="1" // Vibration multiplier affects cameras attached directly to the car Car Vibration Mult2="1" // Secondary engine vibration multiplier affects orientation of cameras attached directly to the car
This is an engine RPM based vibration affecting ALL onboard camera's including cockpit view. 0 will disable.

Head Physics="1." // Fraction of head physics movement applied to cockpit view (position AND rotation) This is the force based cockpit view movement multiplier. Again 0 will disable.

Link for the STM
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-for-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D

As David says most settings are personal preference same goes for vibrations but the stm should be a setting you find after guide or use someones with same wheel it will be close to that number anyway but each wheel can be slight different.:geek:

must admit the colours in your video look much better at that time of day, i also noticed my replay fidelity was set to medium now changed it to full, next vids should look a bit better, i read something about it being 9am and 5pm are best times of day for hdr and colours, would that be about right?

must admit the colours in your video look much better at that time of day, i also noticed my replay fidelity was set to medium now changed it to full, next vids should look a bit better, i read something about it being 9am and 5pm are best times of day for hdr and colours, would that be about right?

Yes if I intend on recording something I change my replay fidelity to Full before that session. For the races ect, I set it back to minimum.
I think this was about 5 pm there at Malaysia, simply because the league race was beeing held at about the same ingame time. The RD league was doing the races all at these times, I suppose because of the colours, but there are also sometimes some small annoying stuff when overdoing it with these sunrise and sunset-times.
The HDR sometimes whitens the entire road at certain times when the sun is low.
Indianapolis for example I can't see some apexes for a couple of ingame hours and on others it's fine.

Does anyone have any simple tips of how to change position and hide/show which TrackMap boxes to show? I've checked the config file but cant get things to change :S

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back