PrestoGP rFactor2 Help Thread

lol thats out the window then :laugh:

What about your cpu does it have a overclock ?
Every little helps, think if using the onboard video out with softth is going to give cpu more work to do. you should get a really good oc with tht cpu with stock volts.

Stock cpu cooler ? If stock I wouldn't overclock anymore than what your boost or turbo clock is I think its 3.8 with i5 3570K, maybe worth a check to see if helps you and with half decent cooler you should get to 4.1/2 stock volts or small bump up.

This might help you get working with less fps drops until you can get a new gcard.

You don't need to add any voltage with a i3570k to set the turbo to 4,2 Ghz. I did that the moment I got it and it runs fine until now.

You should think about getting a GTX 980 or 970 or 780ti or 780, if one of these is in your budget. You would be good to go for a long time these way imo.

Thanks for input! Im a bit confused by this triple monitor software solution - the CPU is never above ~50% load. If I move the rf2 window or cover the onboard-graphics-monitor with some full screen app window, fps becomes like 200. Im not too comfortable to OC but maybe should try it out even if the cpu load is not full? You're running the same model Dino? Do you have any tips on a decent guide? :)

Maybe the software solution use more of memory bus speeds or something than computing power (which should be made only by the GF card). Checking the histograms when I move around the rf2 window between the monitors, a significant portion of the frames are much slower, hence the feel of stutter when the non-geforce-monitor show rf2 :( If I drag the rf2-window into the two geforce-monitors, the histogram spikes as thin as it can. So some frames seem particularly demanding through the SoftTH-setup. Whatever that means.

I have run with vsync on and off and think it becomes smoother feel for speed when it's active but maybe more input lag. Interesting experiment today: If I set the monitors at 75Hz instead of 60, the auto detail fps can be set to 75, hence become "active" I guess (since fps is just between 60-75, and the ctrl-v fps numbers turns yellow?), so the histogram seems a bit thinner :)

The cooler is a Noctua NH-U9B SE2 - should have been bang for the buck three years ago. Are there potential you think?

Do you have another card and mobo that would support it to use another gcard to make extra connection rather than onboard ?

I think with you just adjust from cpu clock ratio to like 42 instead of 34.

There's a complete guide if your interested with probably more than would ever need to do it lol. I would just try like 4.2 see if helps if not then something else if you problem.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1291703/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboards

We probably trying to get something that you have already it running best though anyway I think, me and David were discussing it as well with your gcard.

Do you have a budget idea for a new card ? and a when you will have enough to get 1 ?
obviously this would make rf2 a lot better.

You're running the same model Dino? Do you have any tips on a decent guide?
You mean about overclocking? Go to your bios and put the multiplier for the turbo to 42 (original is 38). Make sure to not touch your overall clock (3,4 Ghz), otherwise it won't clock back anymore in idle mode.

But regardless, you should simply get an appropriate GPU for your triples

Also don't use v-sync. Instead limit your fps in the player.json at the line "max framerate"

Your bottleneck is the 570, overclocking your cpu will NOT help in this situation, your stock clock would be fine for anything under a 280x and it wouldn't bottleneck, the 1gb card is just not enough to be running 3 screens rendered from it, you can obviously try get it as best as possible but there's absolutly no magical fix for it unless you upgrade graphics card.

Last edited:
Your help is precious, guys :)

I didnt find a turbo setting so I simply changed the cpu multiplier and got 4.2GHz. It reaches max 65-70 celcius. I've also realised there are some SoftTH config options to check. I'm up from ~55fps to ~75 now :)

Both the GPU and CPU are at ~50% load and no more than 500MB video memory is used, hence I think it's not the GPU performance, also since the fps spikes when I drag rf2 out of 3rd monitor. It should be on higher load if so, I'm thinking, so it could be some other bottleneck on the way from the GTX to the intel chipset or something. Either way, softth is software, and the fact the GTX570 lacks 3 monitor support is a huge bottleneck :D

My already super tight student-budget really has no room atm for a new card I'm afraid :( But I shouldnt complain when I'm not unable to race with you guys at all :)

hi sean hers the spec.is there anymore info I can show?
my gc is NVidia GeForce 330.but im getting a new one soon
my pc spec.jpg

Is it a laptop ? so a 330m card or am I confused ?

Edit: I think I see it now for desktop, so 930 cpu should be fine I'm currently still using my 920 but mines at 3.8ghz overclock.
Should be easy enough overclock for your 930 I've had it at that since day I got it about 6/7 years ago. It does need better cooler than stock though.

You maybe just at limit off gcard until you get new one but cpu overclock wont harm you fps atleast. Worth a try because generally if you fps solid low fps and no changes to settings make any odds usually means cpu bottleneck or could be just limit of vram.

Last edited:
So after another week of DFGT practice, I need other tips I think.

First, when I play Ultra Street fighter 4 I need to unplug the wheel and plug my pad, if not the selection scrolls without stopping on the main menu !
And so everytime I replug the wheel I need to detect again in the game (not disturbing...) but sometimes the wheel is quick to steer around the neutral, sometimes too much hard...and the feeling can be never the same...

Second, sometimes both pedals are detected as numeral key, as I pull 30% on the throttle or brake and it's 100 % detected (more disturbing), so when it happened I need to left the game, unplug the wheel, relaunch the game and cross the fingers for my pedals to be analog detected (right now it's the case and I won't unplug it from the incoming race in one hour !).

When I want to detect the wheel I always need to proceed like that, and it's not normal I think:
- launch the game, detect the wheel (the game load the default profile), load my personal profile, and hope the wheel to work well.

Your help is precious, guys :)

I didnt find a turbo setting so I simply changed the cpu multiplier and got 4.2GHz. It reaches max 65-70 celcius. I've also realised there are some SoftTH config options to check. I'm up from ~55fps to ~75 now :)

Both the GPU and CPU are at ~50% load and no more than 500MB video memory is used, hence I think it's not the GPU performance, also since the fps spikes when I drag rf2 out of 3rd monitor. It should be on higher load if so, I'm thinking, so it could be some other bottleneck on the way from the GTX to the intel chipset or something. Either way, softth is software, and the fact the GTX570 lacks 3 monitor support is a huge bottleneck :D

My already super tight student-budget really has no room atm for a new card I'm afraid :( But I shouldnt complain when I'm not unable to race with you guys at all :)

You should later check if you have indeed set the permanent clock to 4,2 or if you have changed the Turboclock afterall. Otherwise you are wasting a ton of energy with your cpu not ever throttling back on idle loads.

Dear friends, first I want to ask for understanding the little skill with English and would like to thank you for being here with all the Presto GP.
Edson'm Lorenzo in the AV as Ed Lourenzo.
I come in time, request assistance for a problem between the mod F1 and my steering wheel MOMO it has an extreme sencibilidade.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%