Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possibly.
This is new to us & so is open for improvements. To allow more drivers to run superpole we'd have to have a slightly shorter Qual 1 (practice2) session so that we could allow more drivers to attend the Super pole. I think 8 would be the maximum I'd consider at this point.

I think a top 8 superpole would be better. Having the superpole is a fantastic inclusion, I really enjoyed watching and then having my shot, and hoping my time was good enough while watching the rest of the guys do their run, Very exciting stuff!!! The longer warm up is good too, give you a bit of a breather between quali and the race. Looks like it should be a fantastic season. Good Luck everyone!!

• Robert Adair

what an interesting time...lol....

spinning cars are not my fav! I tagged Rod on lap two, then tagged someone else, pitted and fixed and tried to catch up and un lap myself,

I think I was that spinning car Mitchell , the history of that incident is a lesson to me:boohoo: I changed down to quickly heading into T4 (trying to keep in Seti's draft) lost the backend and span off, I waited for a gap (not big enough !) and in my haste span again leaving me sitting on the racing line in front of you. very sorry mate:(

• Brian Tarrant

The Bonanza Brothers Racing Team requires another driver, would anyone like to join a pair of noobs?:veryhappy:

Steve,

team full

Team Name: SpyGate Racing
Team Owner: Mitchell Chapman
Team Drivers: #1 Cody Kutzner, #2 Mitchell Chapman, # David Street

Team Car: (Hybrid) Ferrari 2007 / Mclaren, Skins still TBA apart from Cody's.

• Kevin Birchall

ok. Somehow i was jsut voted in as new pacific Admin. even though im possibly the furthest from the pacific. anyway.

it is currently 7:12 here (east coast North America time) and this was supposed to be the start of the first qualifying session. the times on the website were wrong for california, and possibly other locations. they were posted as being 2 hours later. we are delaying until 9:00PM eastern time (6:00PM California, 3:00 New Zeland, 1:00PM sydney
we are going to be re scheduling the race to next week, if we dont have more than 15 people in the server at the new time

Stay tuned for the times for next week.

All times were correct except for the East US guys (LA). Their times were posted as 2 hours too late.
We posted a quick vote with those in server to either wait for the US guys or to re-run at a later date. Vote was to wait 2 hours for the uS guys so race is running today as planned, only 2 hours later for the rest of us.

As previously posted I am away due to work commitments & I have passed the Admin role to Kevin Birchall for today's race.

Steve

cool, well i think qualy should start at 4pm LA time , but it said 6pm. For the future races, if we start at 4.30pm pacific time (Los Angeles) I can at least get the last 10 minutes of qualy. That would be fine.

• Kevin Birchall

Well, good race guys, grats to cody for the win.

The race Was started with a field of 18. Sorry to those who couldnt make it. Qualifying went very well, except for ivan Mills crashing on the exit of pit lane while going out for his super pole laps.

it was a generally good race, and 9 people finished. (pretty sure 9 finished)

however, already 2 incidents.

one was Ivan Mills VS J.Wilson. lap 7, corner 4. joshua m issed his brakes, and was too close to ivan. he was in ivans slipstream, and had no downforce. this took ivan out complete, with engine failure.

the second incident was me, and Bob at time index 169 area. lap 1, not sure what corner #
same kinda deal, however it only resulted in suspension damage. which essentially ruined my race.

Any other Issues should be posted here ASAP

• Daniel Giles

My game froze when I was finishing lap 5, no idea why, teamspeak kept working. NO idea what happened to my car after that. FML.

• Brian Tarrant

Dunno what to say really. I struggled big time from the minute I sat down in the chair. I never sit down to race that early in the day, and I must say it felt weird from the get-go. I was also very nervous and drove accordingly........

I almost took Rod out on lap 2 I think with a braking move from hell, then lap 4 kissed tyres with another car and went skywards, which bent something enough for her to want to spin the rear around alot. Tried to press on to my scheduled pitstop but couldn't stay on top of it. Was analizing pitting early when I realised I was about to be lapped so pulled out of the way and left the race, in fear of wrecking someone elses.

Congrats to the podium guys, and to all who finished.:p

Grats to Cody and Chris.

The race went well for me at the start. As I recall, Brendan Crosby made a very fine move on me around the inside of T5 :p during the early stages as he recovered from a Turn 1 Lap 1 incident.

Unfortunately [for me and Joshua] on Lap 20 I made a careless mistake and snatched a brake going into T1 resulting in a half-spin.:( Joshua Wilson collected me [very sorry - PM apology sent and accepted, however :)]. I was oh so very happy to see him continue with his race afterward.

I struggled around to my pit box and fixed the damaged suspension and put on some Hard Compounds. Fuelled to the end I rejoined the track behind Mitchell though I was a lap down on him.

Toward the end of the race I very surprised to find myself running in 2nd place; though some 40 seconds behind Cody. Chris Hendrich closed the gap on me easily and I then had an awesome battle as I tried to defend for the final 5 laps or so.

Lap 49 and a small tap from behind at Turn 4 sent me off track and broke the suspension. They are fragile machines so it appears [No problem Chris]. Chris then got past me braking into T7 as I struggled to bring the old girl [my highly modified 1997 Jordan] home in 3rd place .

A pleasure to race with you guys. A lot more action than the F3000's of old. As a reserve driver I may see you all on the race-track again sometime.

Kevin did an excellent job of admin. :p

P.S. Grats to all who took part...:p

Congrats to Cody,Chris and Peter

I think Kevin there summed it up pretty good in general.....i'm pretty dissapointed with myself in how my super lap during Qualy never developed...i hit the wall on my way out ....duhhhh...i was pushing too hard,as i always try to do on my way out of the pits,so i got on the grass hit the wall gently and my suspension got completely damaged....total disaster lol,but nevertheless i wasnt too worried since that was only going to drop me to 5th place for the race...i think i/we had a good race set-up and a good strategy...in open air i could've possibly sustained 1 10's to mid 1 11" right through with 2 stops..got off to a good start lost only one place to Josh which i regained after 6laps for a very short time...when he got a little too close to me inT4 and gently spun me around..which killed my engine and had it not my suspension was damaged and wasnt even sure i could've made to the pits....Josh appologized right after the race in a very nice way(way to go dude). All in all not the best way to start the season,but i think we'll make some adjustments for the next race and try to rebound(hopefully not off a wall):)

however, already 2 incidents.

... essentially ruined my race.

Any other Issues should be posted here ASAP

Make that 3 here's one that totally ruind mine. At time stap 1916.6 I entered the pits and engaged the pit limiter. Jonathan Wilson then entered the pits @ full speed and took off the back half of my car. race over.

well what can i say.
Very disappointing race for me.
Qualy was great and got both times fastest lap by half a second i think.
Race was great too in the beginning.
I was very careful at start and dropped from 1st to 4th or 3rd i think ,but I just tried to stay calm because i never got more than 18 laps without crashing on this track
I was behind cody and just was cruising, didnt even try to pass him, because i saw that my tyres had perfect temperature when iwas behind him, since i didnt push too hard.
I noticed that I was a lot faster than most in turn 4 and thats where i hit i think 3 people.
After a while I think Codys tyres started to wear out and he saw that i was faster so he let me by.
Off to persue 1st place. A few laps later I caught up to p1 by over 1 second per lap i think.
I hoped to get him nervous so he would make a mistake and a few laps later he did in the last turn.
After that it was cruising and my tyres somehow were perfect the whole stint. Much better than on the practice server!
After my pitstop I got out in p2 but caught up to p1 a few laps later by i think 2 second a lap.At first I was taking it easy because I thought he would pit now anyway ( i pitted on lap 27) but he didn't so I started to get closer to him to try to pass him.
Unfotunately he lost control in t4 and I nowhere to go but to crash into him since I thought I could get by him after turn 4 and was already full on throttle.
Now, I know that was a race incident and nobody is at fault and maybe I should have just stayed back a bit more, BUT if you see that I was already way ahead and after pitstop i just get out a bit behind you and I catch up in 1 or 2 laps you should know that I am 2 seconds or so faster per lap. Now , if you want to fight for the position although you have to pit anyway, that's fine, but then don't loose your nerves.
I don't try to overtake anyone into a turn beacuse I think it is much harder in the game than in real live. In the game you dont see whats right next to you so you might turn into me when i am right next to you. So i always first wait for 1 or laps to see if the guy ahead makes a mistake or sees that i am faster and lets me by.

Anyway, enough ranting.
So had to go back to the pits and get new wing and fix suspension. Got out of pits in 4th and started to claw my way back to 2nd. I made contact with p3 and p2 I think and I am sorry I was braking much earlier than normal but was still too fast in 1 or 2 spots. Anyway the contact was really just a tap in both places.
Afterall I gained 1 seconds on P1 but 21 Laps are not enough to get back when you are 55 seconds behind.
I hope next race will be better and my bad luck wont continue like it did in the last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes