Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Brian Tarrant

So is tonites run set as a full race on the server? With praccy and qualy? And you said 7 Steve, we have daylight saving here atm so 8 for me, unless you already allowed for that?

Edit: Just had a look, yes too all I believe

• Robert Adair

I didn't have any lag issue's but the game did have a graphic glitch for me.......(I am not sure if this was to do with connection )

The Server performed great! We were able to run pretty close & no major lagging.
The race itself was interesting for us new F1 pilots & it's good to have these practice races so that we can learn how to survive the distance.
Qualifying system worked well & added a new dimension to the game.

Grats to Peter Marshall who took line honours by a full lap, & The Tarrants for having both cars finish and in the top four.

Mark... wait til you do a run at full speed with the pack.
It is quite a lot harder than the F3000

Agree.. much harder to last 60+mins:)

I was curious how you guys liked the new qualy system with Superpole in q2. It is a first for everyone (last year we just let the top 10 do laps in Q2). Thanks Steve:)

Agree.. much harder to last 60+mins:)

I was curious how you guys liked the new qualy system with Superpole in q2. It is a first for everyone (last year we just let the top 10 do laps in Q2). Thanks Steve:)
Superpole was good. I let the guys out at 1:30 intervals, so that every one watching could could view each hotlap as they were run.
I had the best time in session 1 & it was very hard to concentrate, knowing that all eyes were on me for the final qual run, so it did add a little more excitement to the league, definitely.

Interestingly only 50% of the grid made it to the finish. This season is going to be very interesting because you not only have to be fast, but exceedingly caring to tyres & cunning with your strategy.

Can't wait.

Thank you to all who attended for the practice race.:p

Race start was jitter free - usually when we would notice any major connection/ synchronization issues.

The longer practice session [Q1] followed by super-pole [Q2] worked brilliantly. Far less "stressful" [for me] than running all cars on track simultaneously during a short qualifying session - where everyone is usually trying to find clear track up until the final moments. [The usual back off before the final corners "trick"]

The bonus is that we all got to watch the cars run their final qualifying lap from the garage.

Quick Notice: I may not be able to attend the complete race on Sunday due to fairly late work commitments (such is life as a musician), so I have enlisted reserve driver Peter Marshall to run for Team "Ring of Fire" for this event in my place. I will be there to run qualifying & superpole but may have to leave early, before the race ends.

Attention all FPPS drivers
ALL TEAM OWNERS Must supply fill in drivers if any of their guys can't make a race. We want to aim for full grids for every race this season, and there are certainly enough reserve drivers listed in the sign up thread to make up the numbers.
All drivers must be in a team - Three are allowed in each team so group up & sort yourselves out. If you need help then send me a PM.
Thanks,
Steve

• Brian Tarrant

Firstly sorry for arriving so late and not know what was going on. I added daylight saving to the times as given by Steve and then passed on the wrong time to Rod. Regardless of that thanks to everyone who crashed, stuffed up, spun off etc, as without you I would have come last, not 4th. My pace was very slow so I concentrated very hard on doing consistently slow laps at least. The 50 laps went by fast and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience! I hope to have a bit more pace come Sunday so I can mix it with some of you a bit. Top fun, bring on Sunday!:p

what an interesting time...lol....

spinning cars are not my fav! I tagged Rod on lap two, then tagged someone else, pitted and fixed and tried to catch up and un lap myself, then pitted on my planned stop and the pit crew released me with no fuel, no tyre change, so i ran out of fuel at 22 laps :(

However, learnt alot about the cars in race trim and cant wait till Sunday!

Superpole was great, anyway to make it the ten though? top 5 will be a VERY exclusive club...I felth the pressure of everyone watching and spun as a result as soon as I thought, wow, I think everyone is watching, and I lost it, I wouldn't make it as an "adult" star me thinks...

nice to meet the Tarrants and catch up with the rest of you goons, c u all sunday :D

Superpole was great, anyway to make it the ten though? top 5 will be a VERY exclusive club...
Quite possibly.
This is new to us & so is open for improvements. To allow more drivers to run superpole we'd have to have a slightly shorter Qual 1 (practice2) session so that we could allow more drivers to attend the Super pole. I think 8 would be the maximum I'd consider at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back