Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a bird or plane? No its Brian Tarrant. Race_Steam 2010-01-30 21-17-11-51.jpgRace_Steam 2010-01-30 21-18-14-40.jpg

Anyway, enough ranting.

I would probably leave it at that Chris, as that was enough said without you ranting about YOU hitting everyone!

How many people did you end up hitting in that that corner alone mate? (and then the others?) and at what lap 30 u hit me and still had not learnt NOT to hit people there? c'mon, back in your box! Your job when uyou are behind someone is NOT to hit them, I don't recall nailing anyone in the rear because I was faster, lol... If i was I would be SMARTER and overtake when I could, not up the outside ;)
for your interest, you came out some .7 behind me after your pit stop, I then built it up to 1.9 and then missed a braking point, you then caught me and nailed my tail whilst I was sliding (something I did quite well ALL race through there WITHOUT being cleaned up by anyone else.)

Anyhoots, racing is racing and so are the incidents, when they occur more than once for the same issue/reason by the same driver, then that driver should have a look at their behavior and etiquette on track me thinks ;)

Congrats Cody for the Win! and too all the drivers that finished! what an effort!

I Qualified 8th (how close was 3rd - 10th in Q?) managed to get to 7th by the first corner, chased Ivan and Josh around until there incident and managed to squeeze between them both whilst they were spinning (hear that Chris - its possible!!! - Hint - try removing your foot from the accelerator)

My aim was to stay out as long as possible and come home hard on the super softs which worked very very well however as I had to pit 2 laps earlier and then repair damage I dropped down to 5th when I cam out, did however come close to cahtching Josh in the dying stages, if only I had those two extra laps ;)

All in all, an EXCELLENT race and great start to the season, thanks to all,

SpyGate Racing wishes to thank David Street (Dingo) for his behind the scenes testing race setups etc, worked a treat!!!
All of our sponsors (none) and our Superstar driver Cody for taking out the first win of the season, may there be many many more for your and SpyGate Racing.

(Chris, the above is in good humor mate ;) just dont clean my arse up again, im not that way inclined ;) lol.

Qualifying: Couldn't get a lap properly together after having practiced so much with race setup with heavy fuel so in the end only managed 6th in Q1. Though I didn't really mind my 6th place position considering both my teamates were in front and I just got to relax during Q2 shootout :) Overall Scuderia F1 managed 3rd (Jon), 4th (Mark) and 6th so that was a great result for qualy.

Race: Got off to a good start, passing Ivan Milles and sloting in behind Mark. Was good having Mark in front as i knew his race pace was a little better then mine so i could just focus on keeping my distance and conserving my tires --> (wasn't aware at the time though that mark's tires were stuffed- supersoft fronts, medium rears). So was fairly shocked when his pace started to drop a little and started catching him bit by bit with Ivan close behind me.

By lap 7 I think, coming out of turn 1 i got on to the left hand curbs a little too much and lost the back a little which caused me to run wide. I rejoined the track side by side with Ivan but the had more momentum down the straight and easily got passed. Coming into turn 3 I broke a little earlier then usual and when i started to put down the throttle i tapped the back of Ivan. Was caught by suprise as we both took very different lines. Nevertheless I should have given Ivan more space and looking back i think i probably got a bit flustered after ruinning off previously. Again sorry Ivan!

After hitting Ivan I pulled off to the side so he could re-pass me and i was sure we would rejoin in the same positions (5th/6th) but didn't realise his car was stuffed (as the touch was very soft), forcing him to exit the race. From slowing down I lost about 15 secs and 6 positions which was a shame, but it was a much bigger shame that i ended his race :(

Anyway i did have some fun catching back up to the pack, and had a few nice battles and some clean passes. Had another incident where Peter spun infront of me and i collected him but he let me through right away and aplogised to me afterwards, no harm done :). Did a 1 stop strategy with mediums tires first stint (which i stuggled with towards the end- Spun Once by myself on final corner) and hards for the second stint. Haven't raced for so long i used all my tear offs after 20 laps without even realising (have the tear off button on wheel). So for the remaining 30 i had sooo much crap on my helmet. :( Will have to keep that in mind for next time!

Managed to scrap my way back up to 4th and with 10 laps remaining I had a 10 second buffer to Mitchell so just took it easy and cruised home.

Overall was alot more fun then the F3000's and with this race under my belt am really looking forward to Abu Dhabi.

Josh.

Results, Standings and Replays (RSR)

I have been away from the PC since yesterday, so I didnt have the chance to clean everything up. However, you can find the initial results here (qualy times are inaccurate)->link

You can also find all server replays here->link

I will try to have everything up to date by tomorrow.

Enjoy!

• Kevin Birchall

Haven't raced for so long i used all my tear offs after 20 laps without even realising (have the tear off button on wheel). So for the remaining 30 i had sooo much crap on my helmet. :( Will have to keep that in mind for next time!

Josh.
there are mods that make it so there is no stuff that gets on your helmet, so you dont run out of tearoffs!

^^^ I actually like racing with the helmet :) But will definitly look into getting rid of the bug splatter? (would be good to free up the left button on my g25 wheel anyway). Could you guide me in the right direction Kevin? any idea where i could find the mod? :)

FPPS S3 - Round 2: Abu-Dhabi- Feb 20th/21st, 2010

FormulaProPacificAbu-Dhabiflyer.jpg

Race Date: February 20/21, 2010
Race Distance: 38 Laps Distance (I have gone for38 instead of 34after further investigation)
Weather: to be announced February 10th
Practice, 2 hours - 9.30am Sydney/11.30am NZT/2.30pm West Coast/5.30pm East Coast
Qualify1, 30 mins - 11.30am Sydney/1.30pm NZT/4.30pm West Coast/7.30pm East Coast
Qualify2, 15 mins - 12.00pm Sydney/2.00pm NZT/5.00pm West Coast/8.00pm East Coast
Warmup, 15 mins - 12.15pm Sydney/2.15pm NZT/5.15pm West Coast/8.15pm East Coast
Race start, 38 Laps - 12.30pm Sydney/2.30pm NZT/5.30pm West Coast/8.30pm East Coast

TEAM OWNERS - CONFIRM YOUR DRIVERS FOR THIS RACE

Team Name: Ring of Fire
Steve Crossland - Confirmed
Dean Warner - Confirmed
Noel Spence - Confirmed

Team Name: GoDaddy Racing
Andrew Roberts
Ben Sullivan
Ken Innes

Team Name: CSRC Racing
Tim Petersen - Confirmed
Jeff Simons
Kimber Jansen

Team Name: Team Canada
Kevin Birchall - Confirmed
Daniel Giles - Confirmed
Ivan Mills - Confirmed

Team Name: Scuderia F1
Jonathan Wilson - Confirmed
Mark Brunner - Confirmed
Joshua Wilson - Confirmed

Team Name: Team Underdog
Chris Hendrich - Confirmed
Leif Davidson - Confirmed
Bob Luneski - Confirmed

Team Name: Bonanza Brothers Racing
Rod Tarrant - Confirmed
Brian Tarrant - Confirmed
Brendan Crosby - Confirmed

Team Name: Spygate Racing
Mitchell Chapman
Cody Kutzner

David Street

• Kevin Birchall

^^^ I actually like racing with the helmet :) But will definitly look into getting rid of the bug splatter? (would be good to free up the left button on my g25 wheel anyway). Could you guide me in the right direction Kevin? any idea where i could find the mod? :)

here you go
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=16397
i got it a while back, makes life so much easier. i use the left button for look back, and the right for teamspeak on my G25.

Updated the results with the teams. Not sure in which team Peter Marshall belongs to.
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Eric,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I believe I was racing for Team: Ring of Fire; Steve, Noel and Dean's team. Only in a reserve driver capacity though. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It was arranged more than a week in advance but I am not an official full-time Pacific League driver. However, I may be making more appearances from what I understand.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for the updates, replay files and use of the race-server.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies