Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car & Track have been decided already Mitchell.
And you are correct in both cases :)

And Formula Pro guys... We are using the RD Password for this event. There is a lin in this ery thread to the RD Password area.

Nords is a great and challenging track but it is tooooo long , it will take you around 6-8 minutes to complete a single lap just to try to work on a nice setup. i am afraid if a person comes not so prepared to race on this track he will fall behind and end up racing himself , and if more drivers end up like that then the field will be split with 2-3 minutes to each other’s and the fun is over... it is just my personal opinion !!!!

Monza, Istanbul and spa are great tracks for GT sport cars....:)

Cheers

Nords is a great and challenging track but it is tooooo long , it will take you around 6-8 minutes to complete a single lap just to try to work on a nice setup. i am afraid if a person comes not so prepared to race on this track he will fall behind and end up racing himself , and if more drivers end up like that then the field will be split with 2-3 minutes to each other’s and the fun is over... it is just my personal opinion !!!!

Cheers

I do share your opinion but it was put up as a vote & this was the result.
I think the next race I will put cars & track into a hat & draw them at random...
See you tonight !

Cheers

I do share your opinion but it was put up as a vote & this was the result.
I think the next race I will put cars & track into a hat & draw them at random...
See you tonight !

Well that was a bit of fun and a bit of a laugh in TS also.

Not a huge turnout for the wednesday event but enough ot have a blast around the Nord.
Rhys Gardiner came in & stamped his authority on the field with some blistering pace in qualifying.
Then he backed it up with a race 1 victory.
Race 2 however was a different story as Rhys ploughed into the wall shortly after the Karousel on lap 1 to leave Mitchell Chapman & I battling out the remaining 2.5 laps to the chequered flag, which went to Mitchell by about half a second.

Hopefully have some more guys turn up on Sat/Sunday

I hope to be there but may be at the local Race track as the Superkarts are on the bill - not sure yet.

Steve

Race Distance
For the coming season I am thinking about making the race longer but I would like feedback from Pacific members about this.
At the moment our races are at 70% distance of a full F1 real-life race. I want to extend this to at least 80%; 90% or 100% are even possible but I want to know what you guys think.

This will open up the door for multiple strategies and will make the drivers look after not only the tyres, but engine, brakes, fuel etc. All in all I think it would make the league a better challenge.

Teams
The entry of teams into our competition last year was great & I really think it lifted the speed of many competitors to levels they would not have achieved on their own. Chris mentioned a driving school of sorts to help the filed become closer. I think merging, or forming alliances with teams in other divisions is a good start as it hugely increases your testing & data input.
As such, for the coming season my own Team 'Ring of Fire' will run under the Banner of team 'Aqua Vista' and will share setup data with those guys.
But if you are struggling to find track speed then simply fire a message away & you will receive help. I've asked Chris, Ventis, Arno & many more top runners for advice & they have ALL been more than helpful. Don't be afraid to ask. Also, it helps to use Teamspeak3 as there are many of us who use it. We use a different server than the RD, but it is open to all of the FPRO divisions so PM me for server details.

I am still finalising dates & circuits but very close now.

Can I also have a show of hands on who is going to be continuing with Pacific?
I am going to offer places to current competitors before allowing new guys to enter.

Thanks,
Steve

The time for Sat/Sunday's fun race is at the normal Pacific F1 start time.
Qual starts Sunday 09.30 AEST / Sunday 11.30am NZT / Sat US West 16.30pm / Sat Ontario 19.30pm

I think it is cool that we are the only division here to cross the international date line :)

Thank you Steve for the fun...

i tried my best to beat Noel on the first race but every time I pressed a bit harder i ended up on the gravel, the funny thing is that every time I went off track I found Noel following right behind me on the gravel as well…hehehe.. lol...that was so funny Noel...

I could not resist to have dinner with kids right when the second race started.. So Sorry about that guys ;;;
Cu next time with more fun J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back