Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
good fun as always guys!

I had never been to Bahrain before so I got up early and had some practice before the race, (the duty free was tops!)

managed to learn the course, another week or two would have been better but ohwell! very nice track, a few places you can get runs on people if you have a good entry, or exit, good fun...

Qual,
cooked the first corner and lost about .5-.8 just there, ended up qual 5th, with no mess up would have been 3rd I think,

Race 1
Had a decent start, I was running up the outside next to Chris, ended up running out of track on the way into the corner and that lost me places, came back into it and had Eric on my outside, I think he pushed wide, I came across and we tapped, I waited and me and Eric started the journey of catching the field, however I then spun on exit of T3!!!! shabby shitouse start! After getting back on it cost me about 23 seconds!!!
Chased Eric and we tried to catch the field! I knew if I was consistent my pit stop would be very quick and I could catch people then apply pressure on the home stretch!
Pitted and came out just behind Noel, stayed up his rear for ages, managed to pressure a mistake in T3 and Noel went wide, took my line and came through and I think Noel managed to come back and tap my side, hope it didnt damage your car Noel?
Finished 4th 20 seconds behind 2nd...bummer, no mistakes at the start i could have been 2nd..ohwell...race 2!!!

Race 2
started pretty ewell and was in 1st on the first laps with Zizzo up my arse! I ended up cooking the rears a few times allowing zizzo and Rinze to get past me, ended jup staying right behind Rinze and thought I had better pace through sector 2, had a good run up on him in the fast right hander and thought I was staying on the inside enough but must have just touched his right rear and sent him off! Sorry Rinze!!! i waited for Rinze to rejoin and went behind him, we had to then catch the whole field again :(:( we were 13 seconds behind 2nd place!
Rinze ended up running wide after we had gone past Eric up in sector 2 fast right hander and it gave me the room to get by, I ran some pretty consistent laps to try adn catch Noel and Chris, Eric reported that Rinze had pitted so I decided to pit next lap, had another good stop and came out about 11 seconds ahead of Rinze!!!! awesome!!!
Chris and Noel pitted, when Chris pitted he came out just in front of me, I was .4 off his rear when he pitted again, guessed he had a black flag and I kept consistent to the end to hold on to 2nd place!!

Very happy with how Race 2 ended, I had the consistent pace to get the same in Race 1 if I was cleaner on the first lap!!!

Good fun gents, see you all at Barcelona!!!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it today. I have a stye in my right eye and it tears up when I drive so I can;t see. Causes me to be a bigger hazard than normal :) See y'all next race.

get better bob we need you , race 1 travelling ok until i get to the pits , i am very confused with my new g 27 pit button setup i hit the wrong buttons and get stop and go because i forget where the pit limiter button is , i come back into the pits and am so confused this time nothing registers when i push the required button , race 2 same thing , the logic to this story is always test your new equipment congrats to podiums:cry:

Little report:

In race 1 I started 2e and stayed there first couple of laps, trying to drive clean and keep up (a bit) with Zizzo. Then I noticed I was going to run out of fuel at the end, and decided to adjust pitstop while racing. That didn't go too well, racing and using keyboard with left hand at the same time, I just don't have that skill. ;) So Zizzo was gone, but it looked like 2e place was possible despite the long pitstop, but Chris had other ideas and narrowly passed me during the pitstop, Tried to pass him, but couldn't find the right opportunity. So, that was 3e, not bad. :)

Race 2 strated reasanbly well enough, found myself behind Zizzo again, though he started behind me, and followed him, passing a few cars, until he was 1e and I was 2e, followed by Chapman whom I just passed after a small error. Unfortunately soon after we had a collision in a high speed corner. I read Mitchell thought he had the line, well, I guess I thought the same. ;) Haven't checked replay yet. Anyway, after that I was a bit sloppy, but after the pitstop I got some rythm again. Ended up 3e again, and again I say; not bad. :)

All in all it was fun, though the races are a bit short for my taste, but thats just my preference. Also shame about the little low turnout, I gues people don't know what they are missing .:whistling:

Thx to the organizer(s), cya next time. :D

pgp-pslogo2.png
Download the track: HERE
Remember to read the rules before entering this race. (Read here)
And if you have questions then feel free to post them on the topic. (it could be questions like "what time will it be were I live?")

Official Free practice starts at 22:00 GMT
Qualify 23:00 GMT (10 minute super pole)
Warm up 23:10 GMT (5 minute warm up)
Race One 23:15 GMT (25 minute race with mandatory pit stop)
Race Two 23:40 GMT (25 minute race with mandatory pit stop)

If you will be taking part please post in this topic to confirm yourself!
Chris Vick (only doing R1)
Rinze Meiboom

alright, I am out of this league. Let me know when you are using a different game or at least formula masters.
Havent touch this game in more than a month, downloaded the track and put decent times right away. Car is a bit boring. Then I get dropped in the wrong grid spot and then everything lags and I have have a broken suspension and I don't know from where. I rather hit the Canyons than waste my time with this game, sorry. Have fun ! Again, let me know when we finally get away from that stupid race07.

you think F3000 is "a bit boring" but would race Formula Masters?

The issue you have with being "dropped" in the wrong spot is a synch problem from YOUR END...not the game! It sounds like your connection is pretty lame at best, your losing "packets" in the transmission and this is why the game finds it hard to keep up with where you are as it is "guessing" (=lag) as its not getting the correct feedback from your PC.

Sad to see you leave because of this, as you know we are all good racer's here and appreciate skilled driving (which you have), in saying that however, what I appreciate more is less childish reactions to such insignificant/small/minor events and a more "humble" attitude!

take care with your future endeavours mate.

Sory, maybe my post was a bit harsh, i should have waited to post, but it is just frustrating , cuz i never have any problems in iRacing like that. Maybe it's also that the game is not fun to me anymore, since it is VERY outdated and the physics , TO ME, jsut dont feel real, so I have no drive to practice.

Server lag is always one problem that has existed in the Pacific League, and while being minimal it has caused slight issues from time to time. Mainly driving incidents but occasionally (very occasionally) it has these little throwbacks such as Chris's.
It's one of the problems with having so many driver spanning differents continents around the globe. Sad to see you leave Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes