Power & Glory v3.x

YC0hFU4.png

We know GTR2 gathers little attention at RD but we think it's worth announcing the Power&Glory v3 release. This follows a previous "presentation" with details, screens and video previews, posted in HERE.
We hope the content we've build can surprise for the positive also those that were already discarding it in favour of more recent titles.

It's been a long adventure developing Power&Glory. We started working on the first demo and version 1 back in late 2006, we continued working hard through version 2 in following years, and then on version 3 from March 2009. That's a lot of time for a free mod (even for a big project like this one is) and we had many issues that are common for many modding teams these days - lack of free time, real world issues, voodoo type of issues, lack of more team members, you name it... we faced them all.

We never gave up and what you're now able to download and savour is the result of pure passion for simracing, admiration for vintage real racing and respect for our Motorsport heroes.

A total mod of 2.30+ GB of compressed data, and over 3.9GB when installed, featuring completely redesigned User Interface, 59 .aud sound configuration files and 1153 sound samples made from scratch, 373 .car files with tons of skins and history described, 199 .hdc specific physics files, you'll find it difficult to drive to identical cars, 125 .tyr different tire files all balanced and proportioned to one another, in-game setup tire help manuals, improved collisions and multiplayer, improved force feedback and tons of incredible details on the 3D models and skins of the cars, every one of it painstakingly documented and verified from homogenization papers, era magazines, books original service manuals and help from mechanics of the era and actual drivers.

Without further ado, we are informing all past, present and potential future fans that the P&G version 3 development has come to the end! A monumental amount of work, free for you to download, drive and immerse yourself a bit in the lives of our 60s and 70s driving heroes.

Enjoy! :)

P&G v3 Download at GTLW site: WWW.GTLW.CO.UK
  • EDIT 1: for the complete version, and if confused, scroll down in the Downloads section at our website to access its information.
  • EDIT 2: if you're having troubles during or after installation of P&G v3, please have a look at this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
m0e6.png

Fortunately for us and the users, there was very little wrong in the successful P&G v3.0 release last year.
Nonetheless, there were plenty of bugs traced and reported by our users. Small improvements have been hinted along the way as well, and we too found some things worthy of corrections and improvements.

The P&G v3.1 patch/updater attempts to rectify and improve things as much as we could, considering limitations.

WHAT'S NEW & BUG FIXES ----> *click*

With that said, there could always be some bugs that slipped under our radar, and other small issues that we can't address (GTR2 idiosyncrasies not related to the mod itself).
Power&Glory is an ongoing project, so if given the chance it will always have room for further development, corrections and additional content. Other official patches/updates may be released in the future.

Without further ado, we are informing all P&G fans that our v3.1 patch/updater is now available!

Enjoy! :)

>>> P&G v3.1 UPDATER - Download at GTLW site <<<

NOTES: Version 3.1 is a patch/updater, therefore requires v3.0 to be installed.

Thanks mate for posting this although we dont run it at RD on our servers lots of guys in GTL and from the other sims use it ..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

maybe we might have to start a retro club for racers and start using such sims....:whistling:
as much as i love GTL this feels and drives dare a say it allot better...;)
and the sounds you have managed to create leave me in retro heaven:inlove:
and running on the gtr2 platform gives us loads more options to play with...

Thanks for posting. I will spread the word at Simracing.org.uk if it's not already been done. Not wishing to open the P&G is better than GTL debate (it's been done to death) I will say that we find the GTR2/P&G online experience seems to throw up more disco's than other sims, especially when the number of drivers gets near the high teens. Just so you know.

Last edited:
thanks for the info Tony :thumbsup:
i have read info on that and there are certain things that can be done to minimize these effects if all parties follow the rules , but as you say it can happen..:(

i know some guys have run a few races now with a good success rate and would be asking for there help..
gtr2 had these kind of issue's also

to me all sims are great i just love to drive old cars...
i alo hate the debates which is better and the fan boy **** that comes out nowadays...

live and let life lets enjoy what we have and drive the arse out of it...:):):)

there all great fun to drive with friends on a server and have a great night of fun..

hell i even still drive gpl like you Tony and love it to death .. i m still very slow but its the nostalgia of the thing ...

im a retro junkie.... and i dont care who knows:):)

I did have a list of do and donts on how to run a gtr2 server on how to minimize the disco's and as long as all parties followed the rules it worked better.

open server were a nightmare though but in a club with guys you can trust it might be a little more successful.

just look at the fun we had with the gtl league and guys installing the car packs...
we got there in the end...:)

Not wishing to open the P&G is better than GTL debate (it's been done to death) I will say that we find the GTR2/P&G online experience seems to throw up more disco's than other sims, especially when the number of drivers gets near the high teens. Just so you know.
This is my understanding too. Unfortunately the GTR2 Multiplayer has a reputation of being dodgy at times. It does have a few other advantages though.

This is true, but can be explained (accepting it is another matter...)

GT-Legends doesn't have a real practical 'cheating-filter' (I would say it's actually non-exhisting). This leaves the code free to accept any situations and unchecks, therefore providing direct flow and no blocks... this is the only reason why it's more stable.

I was at the (now defunt) Blimey!Games during GTR2 development, while the new online 'cheating-filter' was implemented and tested for it (a big concern that was overlooked for GTL). Being in those tests myself allow me to say this with a clear mind on the subject.

The results in GTR2 were an online-code that is similar to GTL (improved, IMHO), and cheating was no longer the child's play that is in GTL -actually very far from it- but even after extensive testing and changes, that came with a price.... with GTR2, the online-code got a little paranoid and unstable, especially in a scenario of too many players getting in and out of the server at same time, or when loading to next track.

Now, if you ask me, I much prefer the peace of mind with GTR2's "guardian code" and gladly accept the possible instability now and then as trade-off. Yes, it's not optimal, but at least I know that there's a minimal chance that cheating is occurring in the server, therefore making everyone able to trust better (if not fully) the next fellow driver.
I could never get back to GTL online again (I done it since its release in '05, public and league servers, untill the 1st release of P&G was out in 2007) because, as much as I want to trust others using it online, I simply can't. It's ridiculous how easy it is to cheat on it. That was actually one of the reasons why I joined GTLW for the P&G project before completely embracing it, knowing very well the superior capabilities of GTR2 over GTL in this important area (among other areas). :)

Last edited:
I with Ken Hunter and others have raced over at GTWeb-Live in their 24 hour Endurance events using GTR 2 with no issues for the full duration. They run 3 servers, 30 teams per server. LMP1,LMP2 and GT class.We all had to download an update for GTR and use their Endurance Mod. Everything else was standard, I cannot remember ever having any internet disco"s, or other problems. If we get GTR2 with P&G 3 up and running maybe we should pop over and have a chat and find out what it is they do to get stability:)

I with Ken Hunter and others have raced over at GTWeb-Live in their 24 hour Endurance events using GTR 2 with no issues for the full duration. They run 3 servers, 30 teams per server. LMP1,LMP2 and GT class.We all had to download an update for GTR and use their Endurance Mod. Everything else was standard, I cannot remember ever having any internet disco"s, or other problems. If we get GTR2 with P&G 3 up and running maybe we should pop over and have a chat and find out what it is they do to get stability:)

I'm not too sure on this, but I believe the GTR24H guys (same that you've mentioned, I believe?) implemented some hefty changes on their own, including rFactor Shader expansions.
I would presume, from reports of such a good experience with so many car/teams online and for such long period sessions, that perhaps they've acomplished the "almost impossible" and done some clever changes in the game-code then(??).
If this is true, I personally got no idea how they've done it but, unfortunately, and even if the GTLW mod team could atempt to go that route, we wouldn't be able do this with P&G, as we're not allowed to change the game-code if we want to still be OK with the developpers (SIMBIN) for our public releases.

Last edited:
To be honest, I've ran a full 8- race season of 60 minute events with P&G, and haven't had a single disco. And these events had guys from all over Europe & the Americas in them. I guess different people just have different experiences. I remember having a few issues with vanilla GTR2 though, so it wasn't all good.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%