1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Power & Glory v3.x

Discussion in 'GTR 2' started by DucFreak, Oct 29, 2012.

1. We know GTR2 gathers little attention at RaceDepartment, but we think it's worth announcing the Power&Glory v3 release, following a previous "presentation" posted here sometime ago (see here).
    We hope the content we've build can surprise for the positive also those that were already discarding it in favour of more recent titles.

It's been a long adventure developing Power&Glory. We started working on the first demo and version 1 back in late 2006, we continued working hard through version 2 in following years, and then on version 3 from March 2009. That's a lot of time for a free mod (even one of this size) and we had many issues that are common for many modding teams these days - lack of free time, real world issues, voodoo type of issues, lack of more team members, you name it... we faced them all.

We never gave up and what you're now able to download and savour is the result of pure passion for simracing, admiration for vintage real racing and respect for our Motorsport heroes.

A total mod of 2.30+ GB of compressed data, and over 3.9GB when installed, featuring completely redesigned User Interface, 59 aud sound configuration files and 1153 sound files made from scratch, 373 .car files with tons of skins and history described, 199 .hdc specific physics files, you'll find it difficult to drive to identical cars, 125 .tyr different tire files all balanced and proportioned to one another, in-game setup tire help manuals, improved collisions and multiplayer, improved force feedback and tons of incredible details on the 3D models and skins of the cars, every one of it painstakingly documented and verified from homogenization papers, era magazines, books original service manuals and help from mechanics of the era and actual drivers.

Without further ado we are informing all past, present and potential future P&G fans that the P&G v3.0 development has come to the end! A monumental amount of work, free for you to download, drive and immerse yourself a bit in the lives of our 60s and 70s driving heroes.

(05/October/2013): We have released a v3.1 patch/updater for P&G, make sure you get it too! :)

Enjoy!

P&G v3 Download at GTLW site!!!!!!

Edit by Tom: created another mirror for RD users.

EDIT: if you're having troubles during or after installation of P&G v3.0, please have a look at this thread.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 21
  2. :):):) -One of the best just got better.

3. I am emotional, really its that good. I took the BMW IMSA out for a spin around SPA. I was instantly in shock and awe.

A big thank you to all you made PNG3 possible. Its truly amazing.

4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Thanks DucFreak and the whole Team who have put this together.
    I'm sure all of us GTL fans will love this one too. :D

5. Mod is amazing!! These are the cars that I have been dreaming of driving and the few that I've tried so far are a blast! Great job guys, many many thanks....I now have something to do until AC is released.

6. Whoah, that's awesome, thank you. Reinstalling GTR2 as we speak.

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Christmas has come early for me......Thanks DucFreak youv'e just put a big smile on my face...[​IMG]

8. Every car has been amazing so far. I feel so immersed that I forget I'm using 360 degree rotation with my wheel...thats usually a deal breaker for me. Anybody know where to get some American tracks?

9. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

If its the same as the last versions i had you can yous'e any gtr2 tracks.. (don't quote me on that though):)

10. I've had a cd key for awhile and just never installed. Found hundreds of tracks on another forum. Having so much fun with this,,,,427 cobra, Shelby Mustangs, oh my!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Weren't there some historic club events using these here before? Perhaps there's interest in renewing that, a third historic event.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Might....:speechless:
    Its freaking AWSOME....:D

to use the latest version of XD http://www.vitumo.de/ with the map plugin rename the d3d9.dll to d3d9_xd.dll and you get delta time aswell.

14. What a superb "mod"?,as good as,or better than most full releases,an absolute gem,and for someone of my age,the music,love it.

15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

you can add more of your favourite tune's if required..
    look for the music files in the main folder...mp3 format...:)

Iv just transferred them to GT Legends...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Warren Dawes..
    Have you tried the Renault alpine yet....its so nice to drive...You mentioned the feel in gtl was just not to your liking (or you didn't get on with it)...I think you will be amazed by this ...:D

17. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

How to obtain GTR2? suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  18. eBay, pretty cheap. New, sealed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson