Power & Glory v3.x

YC0hFU4.png

We know GTR2 gathers little attention at RD but we think it's worth announcing the Power&Glory v3 release. This follows a previous "presentation" with details, screens and video previews, posted in HERE.
We hope the content we've build can surprise for the positive also those that were already discarding it in favour of more recent titles.

It's been a long adventure developing Power&Glory. We started working on the first demo and version 1 back in late 2006, we continued working hard through version 2 in following years, and then on version 3 from March 2009. That's a lot of time for a free mod (even for a big project like this one is) and we had many issues that are common for many modding teams these days - lack of free time, real world issues, voodoo type of issues, lack of more team members, you name it... we faced them all.

We never gave up and what you're now able to download and savour is the result of pure passion for simracing, admiration for vintage real racing and respect for our Motorsport heroes.

A total mod of 2.30+ GB of compressed data, and over 3.9GB when installed, featuring completely redesigned User Interface, 59 .aud sound configuration files and 1153 sound samples made from scratch, 373 .car files with tons of skins and history described, 199 .hdc specific physics files, you'll find it difficult to drive to identical cars, 125 .tyr different tire files all balanced and proportioned to one another, in-game setup tire help manuals, improved collisions and multiplayer, improved force feedback and tons of incredible details on the 3D models and skins of the cars, every one of it painstakingly documented and verified from homogenization papers, era magazines, books original service manuals and help from mechanics of the era and actual drivers.

Without further ado, we are informing all past, present and potential future fans that the P&G version 3 development has come to the end! A monumental amount of work, free for you to download, drive and immerse yourself a bit in the lives of our 60s and 70s driving heroes.

Enjoy! :)

P&G v3 Download at GTLW site: WWW.GTLW.CO.UK
  • EDIT 1: for the complete version, and if confused, scroll down in the Downloads section at our website to access its information.
  • EDIT 2: if you're having troubles during or after installation of P&G v3, please have a look at this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
@Kenny Paton clued me into this little gem, as a lover of vintage cars I'm going to have to check this out. I have a steam copy of GTR2 but have only checked it out briefly and I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to these things (though I can install mods in AC) but hopefully I can figure out how to make it work because I'd love me some proper vintage racing. Are there any tips/tricks to getting GTR2/P&G looking and running as good as possible? I have a fairly robust system (i5 4960, GTX 970, 16gb RAM) so I would think I should be able to crank the quality and have it looking fairly good.

As Kenny says, NoGrip is the english speaking focus for GTR2 and P&G. The detail settings in P&G3 have been altered over GTL so that higher detail models are displayed at greater distances. SweetFX is something some use to "modernise" GTR2 graphics

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=37550

If you do have any issues with installing P&G, this might help

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301357

Of course you can post there to get help too.

Thanks mate, I've been rooting around there today to try to figure out what I need to do. I'm a bit of a novice at this stuff but I'm sure I can figure it out, especially if it means I'll get some proper vintage racing.

David, I believe deleting the profile did the trick. Maybe I clicked the green button when I installed P&G3 a few months ago and didn't know it changed anything and it must have changed my FFB settings in the player profile. Creating a new profile again and not pressing the green button feels more like GTR2.

I know this is an old post, but I just got P&G setup and I notice my wheel going really light in the turns as well (I may have clicked the green button during setup, though I've never changed any settings in GTR2, or even opened it, so I wouldn't think that should affect anything). How do you delete/create and new player profile in P&G?

Yes - inside the game :)

Thanks for the help fella. I only installed GTR2 to be able to load P&G so I've never opened it or fiddled with any settings. So would hitting the green button even have any effect on how my ffb feels? Other than it getting light in the turns (which seems to be minimized once the tires get warmed up) I'm pleased with how it feels so far on my T300. Looks great too.

I've only had a small sample taste of P&G so far but from what I've seen it's absolutely brilliant and you and your team deserve much applause and many pints. I'm a huge fan of vintage cars and vintage racing and your creation just makes me smile for days. To think about the dedication involved......I tip my hat to the GTLW team. :thumbsup:

Glad you are enjoying it so far.

The default GTR2 force feedback signals you are on the limit of grip by going very light. If you press the green button on the P&G launcher, it changes the force feedback so that "going light" feeling is more subtle. Most people seem to prefer the P&G setting but force feedback is very subjective.

@Brandon Wright you have the t300rs don't you??? what settings do you use for your wheel?? also i can't seem to get a good feel for my wheel in gtr2 either..would you use the same settings??

Not sure, I've only played a few times. I had one go where the lightness in the turns was pretty much gone (after hitting the green button) but then I had another go last night and once I'd start to lose grip the wheel would just flop over and lose it's weight. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I hate that feeling. Going light is one thing, but losing all FFB just feels very foreign and wrong to me.

So far as I can tell, there's really only two FFB settings. One sets the amount of FFB effects (low, medium, high, etc.) and the other is a slider to set the strength. I set mine on Low, based on GSCE recommendations to do the same in their game but I don't know if that applies here or not. I also tried it at the High setting and didn't notice any real difference. I had my FFB slider around 75% I think, but I haven't had much time to tinker with it so I'm not sure if it will stay there.

I've never actually fired up GTR2, just installed it so I could get P&G working, so I'm not sure what the T300 feels like in GTR2 Proper.

So far as I can tell, there's really only two FFB settings. One sets the amount of FFB effects (low, medium, high, etc.) and the other is a slider to set the strength. I set mine on Low, based on GSCE recommendations to do the same in their game but I don't know if that applies here or not. .

Yes, the low setting is recommended unless you really need strong kerb feedback. Setting it higher just adds canned effects for kerbs, engine vibration and brake vibration.

I'm afraid I can't help with why the force-feedback varies each time you play. I'm still running a G25 on WinXP and it just works every time.

Yes, the low setting is recommended unless you really need strong kerb feedback. Setting it higher just adds canned effects for kerbs, engine vibration and brake vibration.

I'm afraid I can't help with why the force-feedback varies each time you play. I'm still running a G25 on WinXP and it just works every time.

I think it's a wheel issue, even though I just got it back from repairs I think it's still messed up. P&G felt terrible tonight, but so did rF2 and AC, that's a bit indicative I think.

Hey @David Wright I installed PnG, everything's fine. Just a couple questions:

- I installed first v3.0, then the v3.1 upgrade and finally the v3.2 upgrade. Is it okay?

Thats fine.

- Do I have to press the green button in the launcher everytime I want to play PnG?

No. Once the player file is "patched" it stays patched (unless of course you create a new player).

Game not available or modified game, in online mode. What error is this? I installed following all steps. The game is in simulation mode.

The online lobby is the same between P&G and GTR2 (afterall, P&G is a mod/expansion for GTR2), which means that both GTR2 and P&G room sessions/servers will be listed in there.
For P&G sessions you should look for those with "P&G" or "PnG" (or even "Power&Glory") indication in the name of the room session/server.

Also notice, both server and client must have the same files configuration.
For example, you may find a P&G server for you to join, but if it's using an add-on track (say, Sebring, or Le Mans, etc) and you haven't installed such track, you'll get a message/prompt like the one you're mentioning (and won't be possible to join the session).

I recommend a quick read of the P&G v3 - MULTIPLAYER F.A.Q.:
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301687

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back