Power & Glory v3.x

YC0hFU4.png

We know GTR2 gathers little attention at RD but we think it's worth announcing the Power&Glory v3 release. This follows a previous "presentation" with details, screens and video previews, posted in HERE.
We hope the content we've build can surprise for the positive also those that were already discarding it in favour of more recent titles.

It's been a long adventure developing Power&Glory. We started working on the first demo and version 1 back in late 2006, we continued working hard through version 2 in following years, and then on version 3 from March 2009. That's a lot of time for a free mod (even for a big project like this one is) and we had many issues that are common for many modding teams these days - lack of free time, real world issues, voodoo type of issues, lack of more team members, you name it... we faced them all.

We never gave up and what you're now able to download and savour is the result of pure passion for simracing, admiration for vintage real racing and respect for our Motorsport heroes.

A total mod of 2.30+ GB of compressed data, and over 3.9GB when installed, featuring completely redesigned User Interface, 59 .aud sound configuration files and 1153 sound samples made from scratch, 373 .car files with tons of skins and history described, 199 .hdc specific physics files, you'll find it difficult to drive to identical cars, 125 .tyr different tire files all balanced and proportioned to one another, in-game setup tire help manuals, improved collisions and multiplayer, improved force feedback and tons of incredible details on the 3D models and skins of the cars, every one of it painstakingly documented and verified from homogenization papers, era magazines, books original service manuals and help from mechanics of the era and actual drivers.

Without further ado, we are informing all past, present and potential future fans that the P&G version 3 development has come to the end! A monumental amount of work, free for you to download, drive and immerse yourself a bit in the lives of our 60s and 70s driving heroes.

Enjoy! :)

P&G v3 Download at GTLW site: WWW.GTLW.CO.UK
  • EDIT 1: for the complete version, and if confused, scroll down in the Downloads section at our website to access its information.
  • EDIT 2: if you're having troubles during or after installation of P&G v3, please have a look at this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I have it just for the hell of switching it on,,,how could it of been this good back then...
ive even gone back to another great tilte GP legends for some real retro racers...bought of amazon for about 2 pounds
the physics and ffb work so good,if a little tricky to keep on track at times when pushing. But its the mooders that have kept that sim going..

I have it just for the hell of switching it on,,,how could it of been this good back then...
ive even gone back to another great tilte GP legends for some real retro racers...bought of amazon for about 2 pounds
the physics and ffb work so good,if a little tricky to keep on track at times when pushing. But its the mooders that have kept that sim going..
I've got the original boxed GP Legends but can't be bothered with all the hassle of getting it to run on Windows 7. Especially when I can't even get time to drive all the other racing games I've got.

I've got the original boxed GP Legends but can't be bothered with all the hassle of getting it to run on Windows 7. Especially when I can't even get time to drive all the other racing games I've got.
It's very easy to do, just install into a custom directory, ie c:\GTL instead of c:\programfiles etc etc. and run the installed games with admin rights...job done or even easier still. Use the code and install it in STEAM. I know what you mean about having too many games to give some of them the attention they deserve!

Grand Prix Legends , GP Legends Justin not GT Legends. :rolleyes:
my fault for not explaining better.:redface: this game is the real marker for sims http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_Legends
In one sense if you want to understand where sims have come from this is the one to have. The holy grail of sims. if you want to feel physics and ffb it doesnt get much better.:notworthy: but in a world full of "look at my graphics" it lost out..
But look at the tracks available, and graphically most ones I think stand up very well for a 14 year old game. Have a look at some 14 year old shooters and you'll get my meaning. Some like Jim Pearsons IOM and Dundrod are brilliant. About 5 years ago I frapped some GPL races (from in cockpit) and took them into the office to show them what sim racing was like and the people in the office were amazed at how real the footage was. We racers are just too fussy sometimes.
I must admit, the sportscar mod tempts me to reinstall it.

As much as we all are waiting for AC to be released im sat here now driving P&G3, GTL GTR2
GPL, the same cars that everybody's get all excited about, the old lotus, and a ferrari. the lotus cortina, the list goes on... but im driving them now not just looking at pictures and small vid clips
Im in RETRO HEAVEN...:inlove::)
And the Sounds that are coming through my headphones when i race P&G3 i hear it in my sleep..

Well this was too good a deal to miss. It looks ok but my wheel feels weird , I have tried a lot of different settings but it doesn't seem right.
Would anybody using a t500 post their settings for me please. In game and profiler.

Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks

Mat.

All the post seem to suggest that 900deg on the wheel and dont touch the ffb in game as its been adjusted to suit and try it first before altering in game.. i did go down to low in the ffb after a few hours a driving, only because im used to these feeling in gtl but it feels good either way..
with a logitech profiler i only have the ffb setting on 101% every thing else at zero as the sim/ mod provides the ffb.. Take it easy with the tyres on opening laps as with the brakes ..(push hard to start with and release as you slow works good) but it has a lovely feel to it.. easy to start with but takes a while to learn how to really push the cars to the max (im not there yet):)
but if this is the kind of feel we can expect from AC, but better i cant wait..;)

Well this was too good a deal to miss. It looks ok but my wheel feels weird , I have tried a lot of different settings but it doesn't seem right.
Would anybody using a t500 post their settings for me please. In game and profiler.

Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks

Mat.
For the profiler I use 1080°
60%
100%
100%
0%
10%
Centering by the game

When the game starts, click player first for enhanced ffb and AI.
In game effects Wheel and un-tick reverse effects.

I'm new to GTR2 and P&G, cant believe I haven't played this before now, excellent sim.

In P&G I play in simulation mode with AI at 100% and for the most part I get destroyed by them. I heel'n'toe brake which slows me down a fraction but the AI can brake 25m or more later than me and seem to just fly out of the traction zones.

Strange thing is I can keep most cars behind me but the ones ahead just disappear. I'm no alien but in other sims I'm competative against the AI (DRM, V8 unleashed in rfactor etc).

The game always defaults to ABS on when I start the game also.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Dont worry about the ABS, its turned off for the cars that don't need it inside the sim.
with this sim it will take a while for you to be able to battle with the front runners...
I think the Ai have better grip and brakes so it takes a while to be able to keep up and beat them,

Quote from a dev from PnG3
The icons ABS stays on, BUT... the cars have values in their physics files to NEVER activate the ABS.

So if you leave it on as the patch does, you will have automatically all the cars without ABS, and ONLY he BMW CSLs that support it with ABS ON

Reactions: EIF
Ok cool I wont worry about the abs then.

One more thing , is it possible to select neutral with the gear shifter? If for example I put the car in 1st gear then move the stick back to neutral the car remains in 1st. I had this problem in rFactor but somehow it fixed itself.

Yeah the leading AI are super quick and your own car can be quite a handful, a bit disheartening to be honest lol Still P&G is an amazing package, the cars feel very convincing.

Have to say I'm very impressed with vanilla GTR2 as well, it feels a little simpler than rFactor but its so feature rich (weather, evolving track, the pit boards etc), great stuff.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back