F1 2010 Post Patch 1.01 Issues

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
This is on the PC, dunno about console versions.

1: Autosave doesn't work anymore.
2: Timings in the race. Only gives overall race time, not lap time on the split timings. Although it does give the gaps between you and the other cars.
3: Audio settings. Defaults back to rapture, so if you changed it to software for the controller input lag, you need to change it back again.

Any others?

well -.-
Yesterday I play all weekend in Melbourne, do a phenomenal race with the lotus coming 8th.
I decided to do this over and run khuala lumpur in free practice 1 and 2, then I sign out.
Today I start the game and find myself running back to melbourne.
I'm pissed off black.
I have the patch.

Seems tyre changes dont work too well either.

When the weather changes mid race, and you swap over the tyres from inters to slicks..it doesn't work..the pit crew stick on wets.

The pitlane is way too short to select the tyre options in the stupidly fiddly menu, as you have to concentrate on not running your pit crew over, keep the throttle up so you dont slow down...you need about 36 pair of hands just so your able to press the right buttons at the right time.

I´m feeling the game kinda odd after the patch. I´m without any mods and it still saving fine...just missing the water and the "rubber track".

I did the update before the Barcelona GP. There was a new trottle map update, but my game don´t show it.
I´m doing the Long Race Weekend on Professional level...I´m already in Valencia and there aren´t any other upgrades since the issue in Barcelona.

Other strange issue is the AI speed.
In Instambul and Montreal, the AI was really slow!
I mean...I lapped everybody at least once in a 50% race on both races, doing at least 1 drive through Penalty.
I´m far away from a pro driver, but on Montreal the AI was 4~5 seconds away every lap. I´m lapping around (on McLaren) 1:14~1:15 and the 2nd (my team mate Button) was on 1:19~1:20 on DRY. I´ve rechecked everything and the settings are on Professional.

I started racing a 30%, 15 lap race, Legend AI, all aids off, fuel and tyre sim on at abu dahbi. In lap 3 my front right tyre blew, 3 corners later the left, and 1 corner later all rear tyres. Pitted, then at lap 8 my left front tyre blew, pitted, then at lap 14 all my tyres blew again. I used a wet setup with very little extremes in toe in and camber, arbs and suspension. The race started with 41% chance of rain thats why. Neversaw a drop the whole race.

My experience with new patch (xbox) so far.

On PC:

I think its a huge improvement..im satisfied with it.
I had terrible around 20fps with 1.00 and now 32 by the benchmark. Great optimization there.
I havent had a single puncture in 6 races..yay..i used to save flashbacks to outsmart the punctures earlier.
The AI pits correctly, no more Trulli wins.
The clock is better than it was, but they should take a look at Grand Prix 4 + gpxpatch. That should be the target. :)

The lack of water effects, and track condition changing is a bit of a downlow, however im pretty sure that has to do with the great fps improv..
They didnt touch AI as for the results of a race. I hate to see Kubica in 17th...

So far so good, by patch 1.04, this should be a great game :)

Ok to anyone who hasn't tried this and I don't know if someone already mentioned this.

I play on a laptop:
HP Pavilion dv6
4 GB ddr3
AMD Turion Ultra Dual core mobile M620 2.50 ghz
ATI Moblity Radeon HD 4650
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 b
it

And this is what I did.
I also applied the patch and nothing worked then I thought what the hell I'm gonna reinstall the game and patch the files myself. I downloaded the F1 patch files only (ask R34P3R nicely if he puts the files on the download page cause it is only available for members of the reddv group).
Then I patched almost all the folders but not these ones:
dx9
dx11
postprocess
system

I also overwrote these.
car_monitor_setup
F1_2010_game
F1_2010_game.exe
F1_2010_game.exe (there is 2 but they are different files)
raceload.jpk
surface_materials
win_000.nfs

That's all I did and it's working again I have got the puddles and reflection also the rubbering in of the track including the track drying up on a wet track. the pitbug well I don't know cause I don't follow the games strategy also the cars go out of my way when I'm on a flying lap and the framerate is also back to normal and autosave works as well cause I am about to start my 4th season ( in a friggin Mclaren cause red bull wouldn't extend my contract and this is a BIG flaw in the game).

I hope this helps and maybe R34P3R will upload the files if not i will ask if I can.
If there's any questions don't hesitate and I answer them maybe not right away but I will do my best.

• lionheart

I cant move on the next season as soon as I hit next season the game crashes back to desktop with the below error message .. any clues .. pls help ..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: F1_2010_game.exe
Application Version: 1.1.1.129
Application Timestamp: 4cbea443
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: f9850000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have been having a hell of a problem with never getting past Marina Bay to Suzuka due to auto save corruption and I have tried it all but nothing worked...Until now ! Checking out my files in documents going on a hunch a James Chant gave me in another thread I looked at my Hardware settings config file and noticed that my settings in game were wrong to what I thought according to this file.

So I directed it under the cpu section to use the workerMap2Core.xml instead of just the worker map as I am dual core. I then in the audio card section changed to software and in directx forced dx9 true.

My corrupt save works now ? and low and behold I have good rain and track rubbering in back due to forced dx9 which looks much better. so all the alleged fixes from the patch and fixed the ones they broke as well lol CM I am unemployed at the mo any chance erm on second thoughts no ta lol :)

I hope this helps some of you as it has me Suzuka here I come and now maybe I can finish my first EVER season. oh by the way dont use that fix for water replace as it as you know is poo poo just force directx 9 in the documents version of hardware settings. The game folder system version does not seem to affect the game ?

Regard's, Dave.

Contemplating modding F1 2010 !

I have been having a hell of a problem with never getting past Marina Bay to Suzuka due to auto save corruption and I have tried it all but nothing worked...Until now ! Checking out my files in documents going on a hunch a James Chant gave me in another thread I looked at my Hardware settings config file and noticed that my settings in game were wrong to what I thought according to this file.

So I directed it under the cpu section to use the workerMap2Core.xml instead of just the worker map as I am dual core. I then in the audio card section changed to software and in directx forced dx9 true.

My corrupt save works now ? and low and behold I have good rain and track rubbering in back due to forced dx9 which looks much better. so all the alleged fixes from the patch and fixed the ones they broke as well lol CM I am unemployed at the mo any chance erm on second thoughts no ta lol :)

I hope this helps some of you as it has me Suzuka here I come and now maybe I can finish my first EVER season. oh by the way dont use that fix for water replace as it as you know is poo poo just force directx 9 in the documents version of hardware settings. The game folder system version does not seem to affect the game ?

Regard's, Dave.

Contemplating modding F1 2010 !

nice tips but nothing helps (fix - fps lost, workermap tweaks - pudlles 1/3 size :( ) i m so pis**d off with CM.... this is the biggest fail in F1 - game world :D

I cant move on the next season as soon as I hit next season the game crashes back to desktop with the below error message .. any clues .. pls help ..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: F1_2010_game.exe
Application Version: 1.1.1.129
Application Timestamp: 4cbea443
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: f9850000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have the same problem, have you found a fix for this?

Hi guys, I actually can't even patch my F1 2010, PC version. I downloaded the patch from Codemasters. When I try to run it, it says invalid E drive. I don't have an E drive on my PC at all, just a C drive. Any solutions?

Anyways, is it worth patching at all?

On PC:

I think its a huge improvement..im satisfied with it.
I had terrible around 20fps with 1.00 and now 32 by the benchmark. Great optimization there.
I havent had a single puncture in 6 races..yay..i used to save flashbacks to outsmart the punctures earlier.
The AI pits correctly, no more Trulli wins.
The clock is better than it was, but they should take a look at Grand Prix 4 + gpxpatch. That should be the target. :)

The lack of water effects, and track condition changing is a bit of a downlow, however im pretty sure that has to do with the great fps improv..
They didnt touch AI as for the results of a race. I hate to see Kubica in 17th...

So far so good, by patch 1.04, this should be a great game :)

Ah - GPXPatch - I remember it well! It significantly improved what was already a fantastic game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back