Resource icon

Tracks Portland (2 Seasons, 2 Layouts) 1.21

Login or Register an account to download this content
from the beginning.

Sure.

I have no way to prove it :p but I must say we tried this format back when AMS was about to go V1.0... but it didn't work!

IDK what has changed or if somehow we got it wrong when we tested the menu name scheme.

The original plan was the menu pinkimo sorted.

:cool:

Hi Patrick,

Just a piece of advice for your next releases/updates: you can create subfolders by using a comma in VenueName (VenueName = Addon Tracks,Vanport) to obtain this:
AMS_sub_folders.jpg
Great piece of advice, just updated my install of tracks. As I only race offline editing the gdb-files isn't an issue for me. OCD fixed :)

Someone start a poll... the users can decide if the menu is worth the bandwidth. Be sure to ask if full packages or updates are the best way forward.

:rolleyes:

Sure.

I have no way to prove it :p but I must say we tried this format back when AMS was about to go V1.0... but it didn't work!

It's weird because it's working on GSCE (I figured it out by viewing "buggy" nested folders in one version of Hermanos Rodriguez on GSCE).

Not being able to change tracks name or location when you play online is so dumb... I'm happy to play offline only, I can put all my addon tracks in one subfolder ingame and in the location folder by a simple modification in GDB and SCN files. I can also use GSCE tracks cleanly by putting them and the GSCE ReizaCommon in a subfolder, and in a subfolder ingame.
Yes, I'm a bit fussy and I love to have numerous tracks :)

Just a small hint for the hint: don't put a space after the comma, or it will be displayed in the list and will be taken into account for the sorting.

And another one: folders are listed above tracks (like folders and files on Windows) so you may use a subfolder even when there is only one variant to have a proper sorting.

Instead of uploading to RD all the Tracks again, with all the files, and with the .gdb files "updated", making this something like 6gb+, wouldn't be possible to upload ONLY the .gdb files from each Track? This would be less bandwith and more simple, no? Or this isn't possible?
Either way, i already updated all my .gdb Track files. Thanks for the tip pinkimo :thumbsup:

No its not that. Just the critical checks that are used can't tell the difference. Its a compromise between the ideal and the limits of the AMS universe.

:geek:

It's dumb to have developed (probably in rFactor) a check which doesn't take into account only relevant things (checksum on 3D models, but not textures or file locations, check of impacting parameters, but not of names, paths...), if that's how it's done.
If it just checks if the SCN and GDB files are identical (and probably a checksum on 3D models, or even MAS files), it's a lazy and quite dumb check.

Again, I've no idea of what is done, but if the check fails with a simple change of name or folder in the GDB file, it's a lazy check.

This is why I have a separate install for online and offline. I'm not struggling for disk space. For offline I have all my tracks divided into continent > then venue> then layout. I find this much easier to navigate and find tracks - especially with name changes like Kansai etc (although I usually rename those in the gdbs for offline too) - and I don't have to scroll through three pages of tracks all the time ( I also remove the series I have no interest in from my offline install). GDB's don't often change with track updates, so updating tracks is still pretty easy to just drag and drop the other files.

Last edited:
I wanted to mention this last week when the chicane AIW update was released.

For those that are wanting even faster Vanport AI.

This example is for the CART mod but you could apply the same principles to any car / track combination.

Attached to this post is a copy of my custom AI setup for Vanport, with gearbox, brake, and aero adjustment to suit the track a bit better.

Place the SVM file in the ../Vehicles/CART_Extreme/ folder and the CART AI will find and apply the setup changes. The 4 chassis types in this case have the same gearbox and aero adjustments otherwise I would need to make a setup for each car (type).

Normally you can put the AI setup file in the same folder you find the vehicle's "*_gears.ini" file.

The setup file needs to be named the same as the first line SettingsFolder= in the track event GDB file.

I noticed at least 0.5 sec improvement in AI laps times, and AI speed was significantly increased.

Attachments

• Vanport.svm
    494 bytes · Views: 350
Last edited:
Patrick Giranthon updated Portland (2 seasons, 2 layouts) with a new update entry:

Single track package of Portland for AMS to syncronize with the MEGA pack v1.1

This is the same track version as found in the 23 track MEGA pack update v1.1 in a single track package.

Updated with AMS v1.2x AIW and TDF parametrers.
Improved UI track list cascade menu.
Track info details are corrected and up to AMS standard.
Accurate pit lane speed limits
Support for the F-Truck diesel smoke effects.
MAS file edit to sync with the mega pack.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for this. Keeping Alex's old track alive has encouraged me to purchase Automobilista in addition to Game Stock Car and I'm enjoying being able to turn laps at the old place. My IRL driving club uses Oregon Raceway Park so I wouldn't get the chance to see it much unless I want to go there on some other clubs' day. I'm too afraid of damaging our Cars' carbon fiber skirts at ORP so getting to turn laps in a sim is priceless to me, so thanks again!

The AI has a habit of ramming me in the braking zone at the end of the back straight. I have used the MR18 and the Boxer, and noticed it with both. One even rammed me hard enough to cripple my Boxer when I only had damage at 70%. I was using medium aggression.

Patrick Giranthon updated Portland (2 seasons, 2 layouts) with a new update entry:

Maintenance update, Road shaders upgraded, New pit layout

(Portland_(Vanport)_AMS_V1.20.7z) MD5 = 43990B0CE1824997E8311A7B0C7E45F9

This excellent circuit for AMS previously known as Vanport, is now listed in the AMS main menu as
"Addon Tracks / Portland Int'l Raceway"

A maintenance update with some additional upgrades for Portland to take advantage of the latest AMS v1.5+ standards.

* Upgrade the track shaders using original (customized) textures.
* Correct the specular (alpha) channel in the curb texture.
* Optimize...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@TrumpetReich

Ahhh.

I see what happened here with the grandstand handrails. In fact I didn't change anything with these grandstands, but there is a very old problem with the handrail materials transparency. The trouble began in this version because I removed a fence from the paddock area.

Thanks for your report, I will need to update the track to fix the issue.

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back